Advertising | Calvin Klein | Djimon Hounsou | Fashion Men | Models | News | Underwear

Djimon Hounsou: The Man of Steel for Calvin Klein

Djimonhounsou

Sorry for the poor quality of the shots, but here are two images from the brand new Calvin Klein Steel underwear campaign with Djimon Hounsou that I posted about in February.

Djimon2Hounsou, who reportedly "worked out for months to get ripped for the role," told the NY Post: "I regularly watch how much, when and what I eat. It really becomes a daily journey. You just have to do it - get up, eat something, go to the gym - so you can burn as much as you can and look lean. It’s pretty challenging."

In February, Fashion Week Daily reported, "The Fall 2007 campaign, which will be shot in late March or early April, will appear internationally in more than 20 countries, with print and outdoor media timed to coincide with September 2007 magazine issues. Hounsou is the ninth man to be featured in a Calvin Klein Underwear campaign and the first actor in over a decade."

You may have missed...
UCLA Undie Run, Now with More School Spirit [tr]
Ewan McGregor's Tools of Self-Promotion Revealed [tr]
Dolce & Gabbana: The Italian Footballers Sequel [tr]
Bjorn Borg Courts Underwear Models in the UK [tr]

Comments

1. Now THAT is beauty!!!

I'll take him over Beckham's flat ass ANY day!

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jul 17, 2007 10:44:11 AM

2. It is a well known fact in the fashion industry that both Calvin Klein and Armani clothes are simply the same quality fabric as much cheaper brands that cost a fraction of either Calvin Klein and Armani and some even argue that Calvin Klein is even cheaper quality material than either Hanes or H&M (which would explain why they fall apart so quickly).

Posted by: Tony the Tiger | Jul 17, 2007 11:06:51 AM

3. I think the difference in quality is quite clear. Hanes underwear and undershirts are horrible fitted and do not stand up well to washing. My CK stuff, on the other hand, still looks almost as new as the day I bought it.

Posted by: scientitian | Jul 17, 2007 11:14:39 AM

4. He's magnificent.

Posted by: Ron | Jul 17, 2007 11:21:04 AM

5. Tony, you mean some companies coast along on the strength of their brand names alone? I am shocked! Does Jesus know?

Posted by: Dennis | Jul 17, 2007 11:39:16 AM

6. The contrast is hurting my eyes. On my computer I can't see any "detail". Oh well, nice outline.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jul 17, 2007 11:46:58 AM

7. I WAS MISTAKEN: I dated some nimrod who used to work for directly for Ralph Lauren and was always telling me Ralph Lauren's clothes were complete shit. I was confusing Calvin Klein wih Ralph Lauren. I meant Ralph Lauren.

Calvin Klein clothes are great. They last forever.

Posted by: tony the tiger | Jul 17, 2007 11:47:29 AM

8. Thanks for posting the pics!

He's beautiful, a great actor, and a humanitarian/spokesperson for Africa to boot - guess this is what they mean by role model now if we could only get him to rethink Kimora...

p.s Sorry, Soulbrotha, but the Murdochian headline still reads Becks: Rex of Sex! : )

Posted by: Giovanni | Jul 17, 2007 12:17:23 PM

9. HAHAHAHAHAHA Dennis! Can I use it?

Posted by: Br!on | Jul 17, 2007 12:17:36 PM

10. Yes, please. Any time. Any where.

Posted by: Bloggernista | Jul 17, 2007 12:34:50 PM

11. This man is gorgeous from head to toe, and people are discussing the quality of his underwear?

Posted by: michael | Jul 17, 2007 12:37:15 PM

12. Does anyone know of a website for Mr. Djimon Hounsou?

Posted by: Romance | Jul 17, 2007 1:00:51 PM

13. Hot.

Posted by: FanGirlHater | Jul 17, 2007 1:50:26 PM

14. Exactly, Michael. This man is chisled perfection and people are chatting about the durability of the underwear! Amazing. I'm too busy wondering what's under the underwear.

Posted by: sam | Jul 17, 2007 2:10:53 PM

15. WOW

He looks incredible

Posted by: cal | Jul 17, 2007 2:35:57 PM

16. He looks amazing. That body!

Posted by: Xavier | Jul 17, 2007 3:42:36 PM

17. And there is the fact that he was nominated for an Oscar this year alongside fellow CK hotness Marky Mark--surely the first time in history 2 underwear himbos have been nominated for an Academy Award (and against each other, no less).

Posted by: CK | Jul 17, 2007 11:34:03 PM

18. Hmmm am I the only old enough to remember the Herb Ritts shots of Djimon from the 90s? These are very much in the same vein.

Posted by: onephatcow | Jul 18, 2007 1:49:21 AM

19. It looks like CK has come full circle with their underwear campaigns. Thank God.

Posted by: Steven. | Jul 18, 2007 9:10:02 AM

20. Phatcow (lol), and don't forget the video he directed for Janet which included Dijmon as well...

Posted by: Wet painT | Jul 18, 2007 8:01:04 PM

21. Yes, these pictures do prove that God knew what She was doing when she created the Black Man. Djimon, I love you!

Posted by: mike | Nov 13, 2007 4:45:47 AM