Djimon Hounsou: The Man of Steel for Calvin Klein

Djimonhounsou

Sorry for the poor quality of the shots, but here are two images from the brand new Calvin Klein Steel underwear campaign with Djimon Hounsou that I posted about in February.

Djimon2Hounsou, who reportedly “worked out for months to get ripped for the role,” told the NY Post: “I regularly watch how much, when and what I eat. It really becomes a daily journey. You just have to do it – get up, eat something, go to the gym – so you can burn as much as you can and look lean. It’s pretty challenging.”

In February, Fashion Week Daily reported, “The Fall 2007 campaign, which will be shot in late March or early April, will appear internationally in more than 20 countries, with print and outdoor media timed to coincide with September 2007 magazine issues. Hounsou is the ninth man to be featured in a Calvin Klein Underwear campaign and the first actor in over a decade.”

You may have missed…
UCLA Undie Run, Now with More School Spirit [tr]
Ewan McGregor’s Tools of Self-Promotion Revealed [tr]
Dolce & Gabbana: The Italian Footballers Sequel [tr]
Bjorn Borg Courts Underwear Models in the UK [tr]

Comments

1. Tony the Tiger says

It is a well known fact in the fashion industry that both Calvin Klein and Armani clothes are simply the same quality fabric as much cheaper brands that cost a fraction of either Calvin Klein and Armani and some even argue that Calvin Klein is even cheaper quality material than either Hanes or H&M (which would explain why they fall apart so quickly).

2. scientitian says

I think the difference in quality is quite clear. Hanes underwear and undershirts are horrible fitted and do not stand up well to washing. My CK stuff, on the other hand, still looks almost as new as the day I bought it.

3. tony the tiger says

I WAS MISTAKEN: I dated some nimrod who used to work for directly for Ralph Lauren and was always telling me Ralph Lauren’s clothes were complete shit. I was confusing Calvin Klein wih Ralph Lauren. I meant Ralph Lauren.

Calvin Klein clothes are great. They last forever.

4. Giovanni says

Thanks for posting the pics!

He’s beautiful, a great actor, and a humanitarian/spokesperson for Africa to boot – guess this is what they mean by role model now if we could only get him to rethink Kimora…

p.s Sorry, Soulbrotha, but the Murdochian headline still reads Becks: Rex of Sex! : )

5. sam says

Exactly, Michael. This man is chisled perfection and people are chatting about the durability of the underwear! Amazing. I’m too busy wondering what’s under the underwear.

6. CK says

And there is the fact that he was nominated for an Oscar this year alongside fellow CK hotness Marky Mark–surely the first time in history 2 underwear himbos have been nominated for an Academy Award (and against each other, no less).