David Vitter | Louisiana | News | Republican Party

GOP 'Protector' of Marriage David Vitter Found on DC Madam's List

Another "marriage protecting" hypocrite exposed.

After the posting of 13 years of records by Deborah Jeane Palfrey (aka the "D.C. Madam") which revealed the name of Louisiana Republican Senator David Vitter, Vitter has issued a statement apologizing:

Vitter"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible. Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."

Think Progress notes that in 2005, Vitter promoted his platform "protecting the sanctity of marriage":

"This is a real outrage. The Hollywood left is redefining the most basic institution in human history, and our two U.S. Senators won’t do anything about it. We need a U.S. Senator who will stand up for Louisiana values, not Massachusetts’s values. I am the only Senate Candidate to coauthor the Federal Marriage Amendment; the only one fighting for its passage. I am the only candidate proposing changes to the senate rules to stop liberal obstructionists from preventing an up or down vote on issues like this, judges, energy, and on and on."

Comments

1. What do you want to want to bet that the majority of those on the phone list are republicans.

I'm glad she released the records. Hopefully Dickless Cheney will be taken down with the other hypocrites.

Posted by: Bobby | Jul 10, 2007 9:39:34 AM

2. HA! I wish they would go ahead and release all of the names.

Posted by: shane | Jul 10, 2007 9:45:11 AM

3. Her server is down - probably too many Repubs trying to log on at one time.

Posted by: shane | Jul 10, 2007 9:47:04 AM

4. Shane, she already released all the phone numbers. It will just take some sleuthing to match names to those numbers.

Posted by: RP | Jul 10, 2007 9:47:28 AM

5. Praise the Lord and pass the collection plate. We must protect the sanctity of marriage for David Vitter and his whores.

Posted by: sam | Jul 10, 2007 9:49:45 AM

6. This sanctity of marriage excuse is B.S. We all know it. But what bothers me even more is that the straights know it too.

"Sanctity of marriage" is just a pretty way of saying "keep the faggots down."

Posted by: mark m | Jul 10, 2007 10:14:35 AM

7. He was just trying to turn these whores away from a life of sin one at a time. I'm sure they spent their hour reading the Bible together.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jul 10, 2007 10:42:28 AM

8. Don't confuse sanctity to sanctimony.

Posted by: James | Jul 10, 2007 11:01:58 AM

9. With rather than to. It is what I get when I comment on things before being properly caffinated.

Posted by: James | Jul 10, 2007 11:03:02 AM

10. Yes, ANON, you're speaking the truth!

Debauchery and miscegenation: used to be the pastimes of southern white Christian Democrats: but now they're all Rebublicans. Poor stupid Democrats--nobody cares if they commit adultery and dl homosexuality because they don't preach against such stuff. That's why Democrats can't win elections--you got to preach against such "filthy, immoral" activity. Republicans do win elections on such issues. Then they proceed to commit adultery and "down low" homosexuality, get caught, and get forgiven by the great Christian majority...."Away, away, away down south in Dixie."

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 10, 2007 11:14:22 AM

11. so many christians. so few lions.

Posted by: psgoodguy | Jul 10, 2007 11:21:06 AM

12. Andy, how about keeping a running list of all these Mark Foley, David Vitter, etc. political types who gay-bash and then are exposed as hypocrites?

Posted by: Giancarlo Blandon | Jul 10, 2007 12:28:11 PM

13. HAhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahayeeeeeeeeeeehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhehyeeeeeeeeeeehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Posted by: Rufus | Jul 10, 2007 12:35:14 PM

14. As my coke snorting, male prostitute visiting Young Republican college dormmate will tell you, "no judge is going lock up an innocent white boy like me."

This is why whenever rich, conservative white males claim there's equal justice in this country or that they're part of a minority group, I just laugh in their face. Yeah, you're part of a minority group alright. The one that manipulates, lies to, and steals from the rest of us.

Posted by: John | Jul 10, 2007 12:37:12 PM

15. Preach it, John. You are so right!

Any time I hear one of these brazen hypocrites babbling about "family values" and the "sanctity of marriage" it's not hard to presume that they have skeletons in their closets. The ones who scream about it the loudest are usually the guiltiest.

What I love most is Wendy Vitter's comment in 2000 when she was asked whether she could forgive her dear hubby if she ever found out he'd had extramarital relations: "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary. If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me."

Posted by: Frank L | Jul 10, 2007 2:00:23 PM

16. ROTFLMFGAO @ Frank L..........

Maybe thats why good old Senator Vitter isn't seeing those whores anymore....lol

Posted by: Joshua | Jul 10, 2007 2:16:28 PM

17. This bigot also compared gay marriage to hurricanes Rita and Katrina. Send him a nice e-mail to his senate addr., I did.

Washington, D.C.