California | Gay Marriage | News | Tori Spelling

BigGayDeal.com

Newly Ordained Tori Spelling Officiates at Gay Wedding

Not sure how she did it or why Tori Spelling needed to be 'ordained' to officiate a gay wedding at her B&B in California since same-sex marriage isn't legal there, but more power to her.

She writes, on her blog:

Tori_spelling"So, very exciting weekend for this new mom. I am now officially ordained. Yep, thats right....Reverend Tori Spelling! I did it last week online and my official certificate is in the mail. I'm so proud. I can't wait to hang it. And, this weekend Chateau La Rue had its very first wedding. I was so honored when the couple asked me to officiate. We did it on the front steps of the Chateau as 40 of their friends looked on seated in a lounge like atmosphere. It was so beautiful as I united Tony and Dex as life partners in love. They wrote their own beautiful vows and there was so much love surrounding them that there wasnt a dry eye in the driveway! I was beyond nervous though. I've done live theater and presented at The Emmys and this by far was my scariest moment simply because they had bestowed such an honor upon me and I didnt want to let them down. Afterwards, we threw the reception on our grounds where guests dined on tapas of hanger steak, sea bass, veggie lasagna, and tuna tartare. We had amazing Martini's( thank you Krol Vodka) that we named after the couples favorite Broadway musicals. And, once again our friends at Wilson Creek Winery provided us with their special Almond Champagne. Its the best in the world! Our guests can't get enough of it. We danced to 80's,70's,house, and got a show stopping performance of 'Caberet' from one of our grooms. Dean and I took Liam out onto the dance floor and he had his first dance in our arms. The three of us swayed and smiled to Madonna. It was a magical evening of pure love. I will never forget that night and was so proud to witness first hand what I already knew... that Love is pure and true Love knows no gender.As I put Liam down to bed that evening I told him that he will one day find true love. A love that unites him as one with his soulmate. He will be raised knowing that true love is the ultimate and pure love know no age, gender, or race. I've found it, Tony and Dex have found it, and I wish love to all that seek it. Don't ever let anyone tell you who to Love. Only our hearts can dictate that. Congrats again Tony and Dex...we wish you a lifetime of happiness. Love, T" (sic)

Comments

1. Chateau La Rue.

Posted by: second city | Jul 10, 2007 10:37:27 AM

2. That was such a sweet message from Tori.Though she has her flaws,her love for the gays waa always unquestionable.Who can forget her memorable performance in Trick?

Why do some bitchy gay guys like to talk trash about her when there are evil women like Star Parker,Patricia Heaton and Ann Coulter who deserve more our wrath?

Posted by: toby | Jul 10, 2007 10:46:25 AM

3. Now if only she could someone join her "career" and some acting abilities she'd be set.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 10, 2007 10:46:37 AM

4. Toby, there's is plenty of hate to go around. We trash those three "ladies" as well.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 10, 2007 10:47:45 AM

5. who was trashing her?

Posted by: andy | Jul 10, 2007 10:54:59 AM

6. Yes, Toby. Loved, loved, LOVED her performance in TRICK!! Priceless...!

Posted by: virgoboy | Jul 10, 2007 11:04:22 AM

7. Sometimes I'm leery of statements like this. It almost sounds like a joke... not to mention the numerous product placements. But she does sound pretty sincere.

Plus, the shoes are fabulous.

Posted by: chrisb | Jul 10, 2007 11:19:29 AM

8. Oh, wait... I take back what I previously said. This is all staged for a reality show. Nice try though.

Posted by: chrisb | Jul 10, 2007 11:29:57 AM

9. She seems to be turning into a fine businesswoman. Amidst all the reality show posturing and product placement stuff she still seems very sincere and happy in the life she's building. We should all be so lucky.

Posted by: adamblast | Jul 10, 2007 11:49:23 AM

10. HOLY SHIT! Tori Spelling just made me tear up. At work, no less.

Posted by: Jake | Jul 10, 2007 12:08:21 PM

11. Love Tori, we share a birthday. Gotta say almond champagne sounds like something I'd lke to try.

Posted by: Jersey | Jul 10, 2007 1:31:30 PM

12. Tori will need to remember that if she plans on doing an official wedding, she'll need to register at her county seat. And, when registering, if the county seat doesn't recognize the folks who ordained her or the church on her certificate, then her officiating will be invalidated. That might not be a big deal at first but it could have legal trouble for the couple she marries down the road.

Okay, posting this was boring and superfluous, right? I actually like her and loved her in Trick.

Posted by: Bo | Jul 10, 2007 2:45:49 PM

13. I cannot believe I read every word she wrote! It actually sounded like a Burt Bacharach song...all we need is love, sweet love. It just seemed like too much. How over the top can one get?

Posted by: RB | Jul 10, 2007 5:51:10 PM

14. Nice to see she has heart and soul. Rare.

Posted by: ShawnSF | Jul 10, 2007 9:07:13 PM

15. Good for her, using her status to do something for others!

I just re-watched "House of Yes", she's great in that and "Trick"

Posted by: lambman | Jul 10, 2007 11:29:24 PM

16. House of yes was awesome, but only because of Parker Posey.

Posted by: jeremy | Jul 11, 2007 12:18:59 PM

17. Andy, as you know perfectly well, gay folks get married in California every day. It's just that the state and feds refuse to recognize these clergy-officiated ceremonies. Good for Tori for publicizing gay vows on her show.

Posted by: babspmalone | Jul 11, 2007 1:53:57 PM

18. there was too much product placement, but i think it was just her being the cute little rich blonde she is, not trying to plug or sell anything, just being excited

btw, love is real, and if people stopped being so vain and overly picky they'd understand. for all those people who think they can never get a date, so love must be a hallmark term, go to myspace, find people on your own terms, and start dating on your own terms. you'll be surprised if you keep with it. millions of people lonely just like you.

again, love is real, remember that

Posted by: g | Jul 13, 2007 9:15:09 AM

19. I agree with ChrisB; the shoes are fabulous. AND, I think Tory is for the most part sincere. She certainly has made the best of a horrible situation regarding the loss of an enormous inheritance from her dad. I'm proud of her for pulling herself up by the bootstraps and just moving on. I would be in a padded cell somewhere if that had happened to me.

Posted by: chaz | Jul 15, 2007 8:43:04 PM