Boxing | News | Oscar de la Hoya | Sports

De La Hoya: A Side By Side

Delahoya

I doubted, although given this comparison I'm beginning to be a believer.

You may have missed...
Authenticity Battle Over Oscar de la Hoya Crossdressing Photos [tr]
Oscar de la Hoya: Pretty in Pink [tr]

(image source)

Comments

1. More than half the comments I saw re the HighSchoolMusical nude totally disbelieved it was authentic, but it was. In this case, I've never seen what others see that make them doubt these images. Not only do they look totally real, they fit NICELY with rumors about de la Hoya's proclivities and his love/hate history with chicas. I'm not saying you can use the naked eye to verify a naked guy (well, close), but I don't see any reason to doubt these other than the outrageous content...I'm betting the stripper who sold these will spill a lot of convincing deets in next week's tabloids, and de la Hoya will then have to either come clean or pull an R. Kelly and just insist forever "that's not me."

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Sep 20, 2007 3:05:48 PM

2. Holly mother of ...!! I honestly thought the pictures were photoshopped all along but the similarities are way to striking to just dismiss. Dang!

Posted by: Shabaka | Sep 20, 2007 3:20:17 PM

3. Who cares if it IS him.. let him have his fun. I'd like him even more if it were true....What a fun guy!

Posted by: Greg | Sep 20, 2007 3:36:19 PM

4. yeah, not getting it.

what about these look the same? the pose? not quite, the angle he's holding up his right hand doesn't work for me, I don't think a pro would hold it like that.

anybody who's done any fighting or martial arts knows the slightest angle makes a big difference in form, which is key.

true could have been drunk or high at the time, but when you practice as much as a pro fighter, your body will just snap into position.

also not buying the shadow under the neck in really any of the shots.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe these are real.

one other note, anybody have any reasonable theory why a guy like him would actually pose for photographs?? he would have to be pretty stupid.

my two cents.

Posted by: rich | Sep 20, 2007 3:39:16 PM

5. Then again RICH is right. He'd have to have been really crunk to be photographed like that. But we've seen what people are capable of when inebriated. Famous or not.

Posted by: Shabaka | Sep 20, 2007 3:44:58 PM

6. I vote with "who cares" if they are real or not---BUT, I have two thoughts. One, anyone striking a boxing pose looks like that so the similarity between photos stops there. Two. He doesn't appear to be boned up. Why would a guy pay a stripper to pose him in a fishnet body stocking unless he was going to get the mother of all hard-ons from it?

Straights. Who can figure them out?

Posted by: christopher | Sep 20, 2007 3:46:12 PM

7. Well, the stripper who is responsible for the pics had at least one thing right: they were taken at the Ritz-Carlton.

If you check out the hotel's website, you can clearly see the same decor, amenities, and most obviosuly, the exact same carpet.

If the pics are fake, they still would need to have been taken at a Ritz-Carlton, and that's a pretty hefty expense for a fake.

I think they're real, and he's just crazy like everyone else in the world.

Posted by: Gino | Sep 20, 2007 4:34:03 PM

8. Yepp

Gino

Definetly the Ritz. Been there and seen that decor before.

"he's just crazy like everyone else in the world"

LOL

ROFLMAO

So true, everyone is crazy.
    the world is divided into 2 types. Those that keep their crazy off of national television and those that put their crazy out there for all to see.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 20, 2007 4:44:38 PM

9. Told you so.

Posted by: mark m | Sep 20, 2007 5:05:50 PM

10. I've always thought these were real. There is just no way a person could find that many candid photos of De La Hoya's face to fit perfectly over the body of another person. In this case the body of a somewhat muscular man in tasteless stripper garb. The skin tones appear spot on as do the light sources. If the head seems a bit off its likely because he already has a disproportionately large head.

Whatever. None of this really matters. I don't judge people based on what they do in private moments. I've done quite a few things I would never want to go public -- that's why the camera was powered down.

But if you are going to be shacking up with a stripper playing dress up in between vodka cran sips -- tell her to put the camera down.

He is going to deny this indefinitely. This is a potential career killer. Let's also not forget that this man has a wife and children to worry about. Maybe the stripper found her conscience...or a new way to make a quick buck.

Posted by: STEVEN W | Sep 20, 2007 5:33:36 PM

11. please people ... I have hot masculine married sex buds who like the humilation ping of doing something "taboo" like this... De La Hoya always has been given shit about his feminine side ... makes sex he would sexualize it ... nothing wrong there ... what is wrong is that ANYONE would do this to someone they had sex with ... but when you pay for company or silence your dealing with ... well you can finish that thought.

He looks hot btw ... and very messed up ... his eyes are all Lindsey Lohan in her mug shot.

Posted by: rjp3 | Sep 20, 2007 6:48:07 PM

12. I think they are real and not photoshopped as Oscar de la Hoya wants us to believe. There are too many poses and different head shots. If it was a black and white picture and a single pose I would be suspect, but there is just too many pictures and angles for someone to waste their time to photoshop, IMHO.

Posted by: MaskedPoster | Sep 20, 2007 8:41:58 PM

13. An expert looked at these today and said they are phony. Everyone I know into tech says the same thing. The body is all wrong, the legs, chest, abs and arms are not of a person who spends 6 months a year training and working out, plus the face is way to bloated and comes close to looking like de La Hoya........
    His lawyers will be getting fat pay checks for this stupidity.

Posted by: Joshua | Sep 21, 2007 2:48:57 AM

14. Oscar de la Hoya is now admitting to knowing the woman who released the photos, but he is not admitting to posing for the photos.

So... Hoya only coincidentally knows the stripper from Scores West, someone paid for an executive suite at the Ritz Carlton just to get the photo backgrounds, someone with very similar body structure and skin tone posed for the mock-ups, and then someone painstakingly photoshopped all those pictures.

Right. I have a bridge in Alaska to sell you if you believe all that.

BTW, Josh, Hoya is filming The Contender right now and isn't in training mode.

Posted by: RP | Sep 21, 2007 4:44:23 AM

15. Ears are not alike and nor the nose. Wishful thinking by some.

Posted by: Gary | Sep 21, 2007 9:41:28 AM