FOX News: Jesus Died on Cross So Kathy Griffin Could Win Emmy

Via Michelangelo Signorile’s The Gist comes this completely serious report from FOX News’ Religion Correspondent Lauren Green.

If you’ll remember, upon accepting her Emmy, Griffin said: “”A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus…Suck it, Jesus. This award is my God now.” The TV Academy and E! then announced they would not air Griffin’s comments.

Green is angry at Kathy Griffin for telling Jesus to “suck it” and wants Griffin to know that Jesus’ death is directly related to winning that Emmy.

GriffinReports Green: “Now I could have been mildly insulted at that and turned the other cheek, as the founder of Christianity taught. But then she went on to say ‘Suck it, Jesus. This award is my God now.’ Needless to say, she offended me and millions of other Christians. I don’t know what went through her mind and why she would think that was cutting edge or even funny. But first, I want to actually show you that, in fact, Kathy Griffin is wrong. Jesus had everything to do with her winning that award. And here’s the reasoning. Jesus died on a cross 2,000 years ago. His dying words were, ‘Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.’ He died and they buried him in a rock cut tomb. Three days later, as the Bible says, he rose from the dead. That day is what Christians celebrate as Easter…

…After the resurrection, Christianity began to take off like wildfire, spreading from the Middle East northward to Europe and westward into Ethiopia. In 300 A.D. Emperor Constantine accepted Christianity and it beccame the religion of Europe. Rome soon became the seat of the faith. After several years of human failings, the church went through conflicts and quite a few unbiblical years — the crusades and the inquisition to name just two. Out of that came the Reformation — the reforming of the Church, sort of a back-to-basics Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Out of the Reformation emerged a vision of law by Samuel Rutherford, called Lex is Rex, Law is King. From that, others devised a secular version that is used to help lay the foundation of government for a new land called America. Ninety-four percent of America’s founding era documents mention the Bible; 34 percent quote the Bible directly. The idea of bringing unity to the universal is a particularly Biblical concept….

…The freedoms we enjoy in this country to speak freely and to live freely are directly related to that man who died on a cross 2,000 years ago.”

So there Kathy Griffin!

Aside from the astonishing fact that this is being reported from an allegedly mainstream news outlet, isn’t Green simply arguing that Jesus gave Griffin the right to tell him to suck it?

Comments

1. peterparker says

Silly me. I thought it was the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a document that *never* even mentions God or Jesus Christ, that gave Americans the right to speak freely.

2. Larry says

Well, given the story that was released the other day which found that a majority of Americans think the Constitution provided for the US to be a Christian nation, this doesn’t surprise me from a clearly biased station. (Do most news networks even have a “religion correspondent”?) And I’m curious: did Lauren Green report about the Jewish New Year yesterday or did that just pass her by as she prepared for this diatribe?

3. jimmyboyo says

griffin was the most honest person ever to win an emmy.

I for one have never seen jesus behind a camera, working a light and or microphone book, doing soem actress’ hair, putting makup on the latest rap star, working an editing machine, or hell even working the catering table at a shoot.

Until jesus can at least pay some dues to the screen actors guild like everybody else then jesus’ pimps should stop trying to get others to whore free pr for him.

Go Kathy Griffin!

4. says

i love how she matter-of-factly recounts as fact something that sounds completely fairy-tale ridiculous.

does anyone reading this actually believe the whole resurrection story? if so, can you please explain why?

5. crispy says

This is the most press Kathy’s ever gotten! I predict record ratings when her show returns next season.

6. JT says

People are refusing to look at what was fundamental to Ms. Griffin’s comments. I think Jesus has actually wanted to win an Emmy ever since Touched by an Angel was consistently passed over for the statuette. The lamented Weekly World News reported that he, through proxies at Fox news, has threatened every nominee with retribution in the form of no Christmas gifts or Easter eggs if they don’t thank him when they get their awards. Brava, Ms. Griffin, for your courage in standing up to the bullies.

7. db says

Oh my God, Lauren Green just made my head hurt. Chistians everywhere should rise up and insist she be fired. She just makes them all sound idiotic.

8. Jaimie says

To me, this is the first thing Griffin has ever said that’s truly funny/interesting/cutting edge. I mean, who CAN’T make a good Paris Hilton joke?

And this Lauren Green chick is also making a serious stab at comedy as well.

9. nic says

i think if jesus were alive today he would probably be doing hair and make-up. 33 and not married? i’m just saying….

10. Thyrsus says

Christianity spread like wildfire huh? Christianity was forced on the West by use of arms. The lady needs a history lesson.

11. says

If fictional Jesus had never come into our world, we’d probably be much further advanced than we are now… I guess Lauren Green forgot the 1,000 years of intellectual darkness (the Dark Ages anyone??) that Christianity brought to the world.

12. Gregg says

OK, seriously, couldn’t this same kind of logic be used to connect Griffin’s Emmy win to ANY event in the past.

THANK YOU, SHIT!

Couldn’t we use the same logic to say that SHIT allowed Kathy to win her Emmy. Because, without Shit, all bacteria and enriching soil nutrients would die killing off all plants and animals leading to the destruction of the world as we know it, and then Kathy couldn’t win an Emmy. So thank you, Shit!

13. ggreen says

If the inquisition were held today Lauren Green would be subject to unspeakable torture for speaking out. Labeled a witch and then drowned or burned at the stake for the amusement of the pious.

14. says

Suck it Lauren Green, and your jesus too! (jesus intentionally not capitalized)

Rent ‘The God Who Wasn’t There’ for more about how religion is…hmmm…how bout fake.

15. noteasilyoffended says

Suck it, Lauren.

Um…just kidding, as I am sure Kathy was. Lighten up, folks. The crusades are over.

16. MT says

Two points: Jesus allegedly died 1,974 years ago (he was supposedly 33 when he was crucified and the calendar starts the year he was born).

Second, can someone tell me exactly how Jesus dying on the cross saved me? I honestly don’t understand it. Everyone says he died for my sins, but what did his dying do for my sins? Am I forgiven so I have a clean slate? Does this mean I can sin some more? I know this sounds mocking, but I honestly want to know exactly how Jesus being crucified saved my soul. Don’t just tell me it did. Tell me why it did!

17. ELI says

Again the conservative right wing Christians show that there is no leap of logic to great to hurdle. Sadly the fox followers will believe every bit of it. This is right up there with the “you can’t be a good Christian is you don’t vote Republican” mantra they use in every election. I’m surprise she didn’t say that God told her this personally.

18. anon (gmail.com) says

MT: the theory of salvation comes from St. Paul, whereby the fall of Adam and Eve barred the way to heaven (original sin) but that Christ, by sacrificing himself on the cross (think of animal sacrifices as being more common versions of this), released the virtuous pagans from Hell and opened the doors to heaven through the forgiveness of the Father: “Father, Forgive Them, for they do not know what they do!”. Any practicing or former Christian should know this stuff back-and-forth.

19. MBSF says

@ MT

Jesus, the lamb of God, was offered up to God the Father as a sacrifice for the expiation of sin, that is to say a blood sacrifice to placate the hyper-pissy God of the Old Testament, YHVH. And no, that doesn’t mean you can go sin some more, but if you believe that Jesus was/is God and confess your sins to him, you are given a clean slate by his sacrifice. At least that’s what I’ve been able to gleen from my limited exposure to Xtianity.

20. Will says

I try very hard not to prejudge a person when I find out that they are christian (or otherwise religious), but, damn, it gets harder and harder everyday! Some of my friends used to wonder why I was so anti-christian, but after 7 years of the current administration and its friends, they no longer wonder.

On a related note, I wonder if I can just cancel FOX news from my cable. Or at least block the channel so when flipping I don’t even have to see it, even for a second.

21. Henry says

It’s interesting, because I went home for Easter this year and sat through a sermon in which our minister explained why the resurrection was symbolic and did not physically happen.

Then again, it was the United Church of Christ, who I think have been mentioned several times on this blog.

22. Chris in Seattle says

Wasnt Jesus technically murdered though? Its not like he sacrificed himself by offering himself up and throwing himself into a volcano. People grabbed him and strung him to a cross and stabbed him, and they certainly didnt see it as a sacrifice when they were doing it. So, after he already got nabbed and was hanging on the cross, he figured he might as well make some good out of it so he decided he was being sacrificed? I find it all very confusing.

23. Tread says

Will, I turned the parental lock on for Fux News so that everytime I flip through channels it’s just a blank screen.

PS. I also did this on all the TV’s in my building’s private gym, much to the chargrin of the wingnut who loves to come down and watch Bill O’Reilly while running. It was priceless seeing his face when he found parental locks on Fox.

24. nic says

anon (gmail.com),

i think MT was looking for a logical explanation. we all (i hope) know the scapegoated jesus myth.

weren’t you the one who has hyping a nuanced approach on a different thread?

25. Darren says

Heh, you are forgetting..

Jesus was 33.
    Single.
    And hung out with 12 other guys.
    Traveling around the area.

I’m just saying.. was there a white party in Jerusalem or was that in Galilee??

oh, and Mary Mag? big hag there.. 😉

26. DCN says

Chris—Christians believe that Jesus was God and was able to perform great miracles, so if he was able to rise from the dead he surely could have avoided being executed.

27. CLIFF says

jesus fulfilled several prophesies written down by prophets before his earthly time…one of them being sacrificed on a tree with none of his bones being broken (similar to the sacrifice of lambs during Passover)…lambs had to be perfect in order to be acceptable for sacrifice…likewise, jesus was ‘perfect':he was without sin…he was the perfect Passover sacrifice for the Jews and pagans of that time, and forever…he was crucified on a tree by Roman law, not Jewish…if the Sadducees and Pharisees had had their way, he would have been stoned or strangled.

28. Brian says

If Ms. Green wants to live in a theocracy, then perhaps she’d like to live in the middle east, or at the Vatican. Oh wait… no… she’s a woman… she’d never be allowed to express her opinions so brazenly…

29. says

I’m amazed this is even news. I left the USA in 2003 because I thought the whole setup sucked then and it obviously has only gotten worse. What do they make you poor people watch???

30. Jordan says

All this religious talk is such a turn-off. It almost makes me want to jump on the Satanist bandwagon, though there’s nothing to that either…(but being agnostic is so boring) and I look far too innocent to be a Satanist, but it’s very good shock value to look like a choirboy and act in ways that would make Marilyn Manson proud.

It’s hilarious what Kathy said. Isn’t it called “show business” for a reason? Ratings? Exposure? To get people talking? Isn’t that exactly what she did? It’s always so much fun to push people’s buttons. Madonna’s been doing it for years.

31. MT says

Thanks, Anon. That was actually exactly what I was looking for. I don’t remember that ever being explained to me. So much for twelve years of catholic school. LOL.

32. anon (gmail.com) says

You’re welcome MT! Nic: I was restating a theory of Christian theology, not offering a personal opinion.

33. nic says

CLIFF,

i prefer oatmeal-raisin.

Sorry, ANON(GMAIL.COM),

i knew YOUR intent. i misinterpreted MT’s. i didn’t think he wanted a biblical (scriptural) explanation. so much for nuance. my bad.

34. ReasonBased says

Christianity is a pretty immoral ideology. It teaches that all manners of “sin” will be forgiven so long as one does not badmouth the imaginary holy ghost. (yes, even Hitler can be forgiven but a philanthropist who has spent his whole life helping the sick and the poor who happens to deny the existence of that ghost, is going to be tortred for eternity for his thoght crime)

don’t believe me? read the damn book. :)

35. Frank says

Ms Green is not a journalist. She is a blogger and is listed under “opinions” on the Fox News page.

I love Kathy Griffin. I thought her comments were great and very funny. And not hypocritical like so many other people’s speeches!!

36. Jonathon says

My head is about to explode.

For the information of the factually challenged, Jesus was not involved in the American Revolution nor was he involved in any of the social change (i.e., the Enlightenment) that led to the establishment of our secular republic.

Jesus never said one single thing in support of free speech or any of the Constitutional rights that we enjoy today. Either he had no opinion on them, or the very concept of freedom of thought was alien to him and his culture.

The fundies have missed the entire point of Kathy’s statement. So many actors, musicians, etc. accept awards and throw in a “thanks” to God, or Jesus or whoever – and more often than not, they are insincere. Come on…. do you really think that rapper whose music is full of profanities and violence really has Jesus/God/Whoever in his heart when he writes or performs that crap?

I am a great admirer of the teachings of Jesus, but I won’t call myself a Christian because I don’t buy all the mystical, supernatural nonsense that is part and parcel of the Christian creed. The virgin birth? Impossible. The resurrection and ascencion? Not very likely. Besides…. is any of that really important to the point of Jesus’ life and work? Does one really have to accept wild claims of divinity to follow and appreciate the call to peace, the call to love one another and the call to love God? I don’t think so, and my reading of scriptures leads me to think that Jesus didn’t either.

Try again, Faux News. No cookie for you on this one.

37. says

Guys, I’ve got to tell ya. THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TRY TO KILL ALL HOMOSEXUALS.

People like Lauren Green, George W. Bush and all those fucking religious zealots are poisoning the minds of regular people.

If we don’t fight it, we’ll end up in a mess that we might not be able to get out of.

38. Jonathon says

MT, first you have to realize that there is zero historical evidence that Jesus actually lived, let alone was executed by the Romans by crucifixion. In fact, the name “Jesus” is a Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name “Yeshua”, which is pretty close to the name we know as “Joshua”. So, there was no “Jesus”.

Then you have to realize that much that is commonly believed about the (alleged) life of Jesus cannot be verified or confirmed outside of the “Gospels”, all of which were written many years after the (alleged) death of Jesus. Besides, the standards for historical accuracy were much lower in the ancient world than today. The stories of Jesus are very similar to the stories of Mithras, Heracles, Baccus, etc. who all were worshipped/revered by “mystery cults” throughout the ancient Mediterranean region.

(Read “The Jesus Mysteries” by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy to learn more about these mystery cults and the eerie similarities to the Gospel depictions of Jesus’ life.)

Those Christian fundamentalists and biblical literalists are really cheating themselves and are fooling no one but themselves. If one’s concept of God is grounded in the supernatural rather than the natural world, then there can be no intellectual sincerity in practicing one’s religion.

Whether he lived and died or not, the teachings recorded and attributed to Jesus are worthy of respect and emulation. It is the work and teachings of Jesus that are important, not the “miraculous” claims about his life. For me, Jesus doesn’t have to be divine or born of a virgin to be important.

39. ReasonBased says

What’s there to respect and emulate about Jesus’ crazy rants???
    They only make “sense” in a science-fiction sotrt of way, if you suspend disbelief and actually assume he WAS the son of god. Even Christian apologists admit that.

Jesus never condemned slavery and encouraged the beating of slaves (read Luke!), taught that you should hate your family in order to be his desciple, ignore future plans (Matthew ). You don’t need to work for food (John) or save your money (Matthew again). Encourage people to persecute you (Matthew ). Give away anything you own to every man who asks, and if he steals it, don’t try to get it back (Luke). Sell everything you have and give it to the poor (Mark ). If someone hits you, invite them to hit you again (Matthew ). And don’t think about your life, what to eat, the health of your body or about the clothes you wear (Luke ).

WHATS THERE TO FUCKING RESPECT! THIS man even condemned a freaking FIG TREE to death, allegedly….

40. jimmyboyo says

Cliff

Actualy that is wrong.

The supposed fulfilled prophecies were written after said supposed event. they can not be found in jewish holy books, only xtian versions there of.

Also per the law of Moses supposedly passed to mosses straight from g-d……..any man hung from a tree is cursed, unclean, and abominable in the eyes of g-d so jesus myth crucifiction by being hung on a cross SUPPOSEDLY = unacceptable sacrifice and G-d wouldn’t have accepted at all what so ever!

1 huge glaring problem with the whole jesus sacrifice to G-d for sin myth

41. Stephen says

BRIAN posted:
    “What this stupid bitch doesn’t seem to understand is that Kathy Griffin is allowed to say whatever she wants, whenever she wants, to whomever she wants, in whatever context she wants. This is America… at least it was this morning (I haven’t checked the news yet since lunch)… and in this country people do not have to abide by the rules of a religion that they may or may not believe in.”

While the above is true, it’s called tact, smarts and simple respect for people not to make flippant, offensive remarks and spew the garbage she so carelessly did. Or did you grow up without learning this?

42. Jimmyboyo says

Stephen

Please preach tact and niceness to all the xtians that massacered for the past 2,000 yrs anyone who wouldn’t convert.

Thanks

43. db says

You’re right Stephen, tact and niceness go along way. You can smile while you deny people their human rights and that makes it soooo much better. You can deny gay couples the right to marry but if you do it in a tactful way it makes it Okay.

44. entrepoid says

Diderot was right, “man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the guts of the last priest”-

45. entrepoid says

46. Jimmyboyo says

Entrepoid

I have never heard that. Thanks for giving me a research project. What a true and great quote.

NO Amy, myth jesus had nothing to do with anyone’s creation. Rather a lightining bolt struck a heated pool rich in salts and other minerals which caused a bit of goo to form made up of rna which eventualy combined into dna strands which then eventualy turned into viable single cell organism and so on and so on and so on.

Scientists have even repeated the process in the lab by subjecting salts and minerals to electricity and have seen rna the basic building blocks of life form.

:-)

Have a nice day

47. Jason says

For fuck’s sake, NO MORE CHRISTIAN TALIBAN. They only get away with this religious fundamentalist crap because people let them. Don’t give in to the PC demanded by the CHRISTIAN TALIBAN!

48. Joshua says

God I love doing this.
    I could care less what Kathy Griffen says….it’s her right under our system to say pretty much what she likes. It’s what a lot of people(christian and otherwise) died to give her and preserve for her.
    But…..I see nothing noble, brave or even funny about mocking Christian beliefs by her and others…..if she wants to truly be brave, and maybe even funny….then let her get up in a public forum and mock Islam, and the Quran and ole Mohammad…..now THAT takes balls. Good luck waiting for it to happen, she and others like her know it would be a death sentence……they will stick to the Christian bashing since 99.9% of Christians no longer kill those they oppose and Kathy and others know this.

49. says

Joshua: Kathy is satirising the endless moronic procession of probably Christians-in-name-only who invoke their deity on the podium after some flagrantly self-promoting exercise or because they’ve won a prize for producing a rap song about killing their girlfriend. But irony has been trampled by hypocrisy in the land of the award-show-for-everyone.

50. CLIFF says

JONATHON: FOR A LITTLE LIGHT READING (I’M BEING FACETIOUS HERE), THE WORKS OF THE HISTORIAN, JOSEPHUS SPEAK TO THE LIFE OF CHRIST; AND JIMMY, THE PROPHESIES THAT I AM REFERRING TO APPEAR IN: THE PSALMS (EVEN DAVID PROPHESIED ABOUT THE COMING OF JESUS); AND THE PENTATUCH (THE FIRST FIVE BOOKS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT).

51. Jimmyboyo says

Joshua you should do a little research on Dominionism

It is a branch of fundimelntalist xtianity which is taking over fundimentalism.

It calls for the use of the sword to conquer the world for jesus myth

It calls for the imprisonment of gays just for being gay

It calls for the death of abortion providers and abortion seekers.

The xtian taliban isn’t killing mass droves of its opponents (outside of muslims) at the moment only because it doesn’t have the political power to do so. Bushco has only given the illusion of power to the xtianistas as a means for the neo cons to gain and try to hold their power.

Give them power and they will and with a gloria gloria in excelsis deu on their lips

I’s also expect the murders of abortion providers to start happening again once the dems retake the white house. Do you remember that back during the clinton years? Timothy Mcveigh did wail and bemoan the secularism of our government and the lack of xtians ion government. Do you remember that? etc

52. Jimmyboyo says

cliff

Josephus?

LOL Uhm , the 1 verse you are refering to in Josephus’ writings that refer to “the FOLLOWERS of a man called jesus whom they say rose from the dead.”

Are FORGERIES added in in the 300’s ad. As evidenced by all copies pre 300’s ad NOT having that part.

LOL

The suspected culprit by historians is one Bishop eurebius (specll check) who in his own diarys stated “it is moral and just for one to lie for the sake of the kingdom”

LOL kid

Nobody but nobody accepts that little bit in josephus as real. LOL
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL

Cliff You again. Sorry NOPE. The psalms are not prophecies.

Also understand that the LAW OF MOSES flatly states that any man that is hung upon a tree etc is unclean, abomination, unseen by g-d.

The Law of Moses is very explicit about what a proper sacrifice to G-g is. The throat is slit to bleed the crature. It is BURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus myth never had throat slit and most definetly was NOT burned up up.

From the acceptable sacrifice from abel to abraham to the law of moses

The sacrifice must be burned up. No burning up. No sacrifice. Unaceptable to G-d

Sorry

It must also be done by the priests descended very specificaly down certain family lines. Heck today the only people who would be allowed to perform a sacrfice are people whose last name is Cohen and the bridge of their nose seperates their eyes (unable to draw a straight line between both eyes) and without one blemish or deffect.

ROMAN gentile soldiers hanging a man up upon a cross are UNAACEPTABLE per the supposed words of G-d to moses

jesus myth was no sacrifice to g-d for sin.

UNACCEPTABLE

53. Jimmyboyo says

PSS

I bet you are soooooo ignorant of the history of your faith that you don’t even know that for the first 300+ years they weren’t even called christians. they called themselves GALILEANS as in followers of the teachings of THE GALILEAN. Christian coming from Christos greek for annointed was used for the followers of Mythras Christos, Horus Christos, osiris Christos, and the other myriad of savior gods. Not till Constantine did the term annointed begin to be used to refer to Yeshua (the hebrew version of jesus…HELLO the myth says he was a JEW not a greek, and yeshua = Joshua when properly transalted not jesus)

Anyway; before you try to preach to people about your myth, read a history book or 2.

If you wish to be honest and like the first ones in following your myth then call yourself a Galilean.

:-)

54. CLIFF says

JIMMY: I NEVER SAID THAT I WAS A CHRISTIAN…THE MOST RECENT BOOK THAT I HAVE READ REGARDING THE CRUCIFICTION WAS WRITTEN BY JIM BISHOP, ‘THE DAY CHRIST DIED';HE ALSO WROTE, ‘THE DAY CHRIST WAS BORN’ AND, ‘THE DAY LINCOLN WAS SHOT’…HE WAS A REPORTER WHO TRAVELLED TO THE HOLY LAND TO DO SOME OF HIS RESEARCH FOR TWO OF HIS BOOKS…FROM WHAT I HAVE READ, HIS RESEARCH WAS VERY THOROUGH…HAVING SAID THAT, WHAT WE READ FORMULATES OUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ABOUT TOPICS…CLEARLY, WHAT I HAVE READ AND WHAT YOU HAVE READ ARE IN OPPOSITION TO EACH OTHER…I AM NO SMARTER OR LESS EDUCATED THAN YOU…YOUR STANCE IS BASED ON YOUR EXPERIENCES, AND MY VIEWPOINT COMES FROM WHAT I HAVE READ…WE CAN LEARN FROM EACH OTHER, AS I HAVE CLEARLY LEARNED FROM YOU AND YOUR RESEARCH.

55. says

I believe there’s a higher power, but any religion is about as good as any other to use to try to interface with it, and some religions are generally more hateful than others.

2 cents.

56. Jimmyboyo says

Sorry Chris if I came off in a mean way.

I will admit that my presentation was not in the nicest way.

Peace be with you my fellow human and fellow gay.

:-)

57. Jimmyboyo says

LOL I meant cliff

not chris

My editing befor ehitting the post button suck

Cliff!

I appologize for my presentation of certain bits of info not being in a nice manner.

:-)

58. says

Assuming what we believe to be true: Jesus was born some point between 4 BC and 7 BC, lived 33 years. which means Jesus died roughly 1980 years ago. Math skills, people.

The notion that Jesus or God wants anyone to win a football game or an Emmy is antithetical to my sense of Christianity.

Anyway, if this keeps up, Kathy Griffin will be a B-list celebrity.

59. says

Yes I do fell that she is the person to get the award and she has done an excellent job to win the award with Green. I think she has a very good knowledge about the Jesus and his birth

60. Tom M. says

Those who mocked God….
    You may have seen this elsewhere. It can be found in several places on the Internet. Still, we decided to share it here because it ties in with the news story dated June 27, 2006. We cannot absolutely verify all the stories, but from Brazil said that the story of Tancredo Neves, President of Brazil, was in Brazilian newspapers a year ago. He said Canecao, in the story about Cazusa, is a famous night club in Rio he passed frequently on the way to speak in various churches. We heard the story about John Lennon decades ago. In all, We believe the message is a warning worth heeding.
    —JBRIM

It is written in the Bible, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” (Galatians 6:7).
    Some persons who mocked God learned their lesson the hard way:
    John Lennon:

Some years earlier during his interview with an American magazine, he said:
    “Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him” (1966).
    After saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, Lennon was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil):

During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
    He got the votes, but a day before being made President he got sick and died.

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):

During a show in Canecão (Rio de Janeiro), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed some smoke into the air and said: “God, that’s for you.”
    He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

The man who built Titanic:

After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked the builder how safe the Titanic would be. He is reported to have said: “Not even God can sink it”
    I think you all know it struck an iceberg on its maiden voyage and sank.

Marilyn Monroe:

Marilyn was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He is an evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.
    After hearing what he had to say, she reportedly said: “I don’t need your Jesus”
    A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

Bon Scott:

The ex-vocalist of AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
    “Don’t stop me, I’m going down all the way, wow the highway to hell”.
    On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had choked on his vomit.

Campinas

In 2005 in Campinas, Brazil, a group of drunken friends went to pick up a female friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends that, holding the hand of her daughter, who was already seated in the car, she said, “My daughter, go with God and may He protect you”,
    The daughter responded: “Only if He (God) travels in the boot (trunk), coz inside here it’s already full.”
    Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in an accident, and everyone had died. One could not even recognize what kind of car it had been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact.
    The police said there was no way the boot could have remained intact. To their further amazement, inside the boot was a crate of eggs, none of which was broken.

Conclusion
    We must remember that God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. “As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live” (Ezekiel 33:11).
    God did not rejoice when Hitler, Stalin, or Al-Zarqawi died. But He would have delighted in their repentance and reconciliation with Himself.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Millions have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and He is still alive today. Look to Him and live.
    “What good is it if someone gains the whole world but loses his soul? Or what can anyone trade for his soul?” NIRV

In JBRIM, we unashamedly preach and praise Jesus Christ as the only Savior of humankind.

GOD BLESS US ALL…