Anna Nicole Smith | Books | Howard K. Stern | Larry Birkhead | News | Rita Cosby

Howard K. Stern files $60 Million Lawsuit Over Gay Sex Claim

Former MSNBC host and author Rita Cosby was hit with a $60 million libel lawsuit by attorney Howard K. Stern yesterday over allegations made in her recently-published book Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death.

Cosby claims in the book that Stern and Larry Birkhead were sexually involved and conspired to share Anna Nicole Smith's estate.

Stern_birkheadAccording to the AP, "Stern's lawsuit says that the book falsely accuses Stern of, among other things, criminal lewd acts, homosexual acts, illegal possession and use of cocaine, conspiring to commit murder and kidnapping for ransom. 'Defendants have exploited Ms. Smith's life and death by publishing false and defamatory factual accusations against' Stern, according to the 65-page lawsuit filed by Atlanta lawyer Lin Wood."

Stern told Entertainment Tonight in September: "Most of these witnesses, or, you can't even call them witnesses, but sources to Rita Cosby's book, they were doing media after media interview after Anna passed away and they took every shot at me that their imaginations could possibly dream up. And all of a sudden, the same people are coming back and they're saying, 'oh by the way, I forgot... Howard and Larry are gay and there's a video of them together.' It's ridiculous. I mean it's absolutely absurd. That woman Rita Cosby is either the dumbest person on earth or she knows that she's printing false information. And I don't think she's the dumbest person on earth. Dannielynn is gonna read this garbage and it's almost like she's going have to get counselling from the age of three."

Stern is seeking $10 million in compensatory and $50 million in punitive damages.

Howard K. Stern Breaks Silence on Gay Rumors [tr]
Larry Birkhead Explains Why He and Stern Hit Up Gay Pride [tr]
Larry Birkhead Responds to Gay Allegations on Larry King Live [tr]
Threats Fly Over Birkhead-Stern Gay Sex Claims in New Book [tr]

Comments

1. That kid was already going to need counseling from the age of 3, long before Cosby's book.

Posted by: sam | Oct 3, 2007 9:56:23 AM

2. I agree, SAM. The kid was destined to live a tourmented life regardless. Hopefully this will soon go away. It's taking up way to much space in the media and there's more important things that need to be reported.

Posted by: Shabaka | Oct 3, 2007 10:54:27 AM

3. I'm sure that at some point in time Anna slurred to Larry and Howard "I-I-I wannnnna see you two makeee outtt! Do it! Du it! Duuu it!" And they tongued a little bit before Anna held up her dog and slurred, "Now, makeee outtt with my preeecious!" But that doesn't mean they were lovers. I mean, Larry could do much better, sorie Howard.

Posted by: junior | Oct 3, 2007 11:07:21 AM

4. Can we please send Lindsay Lohan, Howard K Stern, Larry and the baby and Britney to Burma so that monk slaughter will get covered more? Or maybe we can send them to the green zone? Or to black colleges so that all Republican candidates will show up for debates?

Posted by: Malibu Boy | Oct 3, 2007 11:11:52 AM

5. What. A. Tool.

Posted by: Gary | Oct 3, 2007 11:40:48 AM

6. all of these people, rita cosby, howard, and larry are all annoying. i always got a gay vibe from larry, anyway. all three of them are parasites. i hope that innocent baby survives unscathed through the circus that is her life.

Posted by: nic | Oct 3, 2007 1:11:58 PM

7. will we ever see the day when it is not considered 'defamatory' to suggest that someone might be gay ?

Posted by: el polacko | Oct 3, 2007 4:18:25 PM

8. "Stern's lawsuit says that the book falsely accuses Stern of, among other things,

criminal lewd acts,
    homosexual acts,
    illegal possession and use of cocaine, conspiring to commit murder and
    kidnapping for ransom."

Umm....One of these things is very much unlike the others...

The only time a person should get money in a courtroom for being called gay is if they are beat up/fired/denied housing/etc. while it happens--and I don't wish that for anyone.

Posted by: Gianpiero | Oct 3, 2007 8:20:00 PM

9. Wot a load of "Crock"...HK$ remains despicable...Cosby/Dopey & Arthur are money hungry...Larry is looking after Dannielynn...come on America....wake up!!!

Posted by: Jill from Western Australia | Oct 7, 2007 5:09:14 AM

10. I hope that "Dopey" "Cosby" & Arthur are sued out of their knickers!!! They are despicable money hungry "Bitches of Birkwick"... I hope they "rot in hell!!!"

Posted by: Jill from Western Australia | Oct 7, 2007 5:20:11 AM

11. poor kid, if i was daniel, i would've fucked HK$ up, cuz hes messin wit my mom. I never like the guy, hope rita sucks the $ out of howard

Posted by: stoneman | Oct 8, 2007 1:14:42 AM