Adam Levine | Andy Samberg | Fred Armisen | Iran | Jake Gyllenhaal | Mahmoud Ahmadinejad | News | SNL

SNL's "Iran So Far" with Samberg, Armisen, Levine and Gyllenhaal

Andy Samberg Fred Armisen and Maroon 5's Adam Levine riff on Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in this brilliant digital short. And the Jake Gyllenhaal cameo is just icing on the cake.

You may have missed...
Ahmadinejad: "In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals" [tr]

Comments

1. fantastic. loved the chastity belt.

Posted by: brad | Oct 1, 2007 8:34:13 AM

2. Saw this Saturday night and laughed until I cried! I watched it over and over again! Samberg is brilliant! First he gave us Dick in a Box (which just won an emmy, by the way) and now this! WOW! And Jake's appearance is simply amazing! He truly knows how to pander to his audience, and have fun with how the press represents him. Greatness!

Posted by: Wayne | Oct 1, 2007 8:47:00 AM

3. Ohhh love me some Jake... And the clip is totally hysterical. Some people are not going to be happy with that red dress...

Posted by: xavier | Oct 1, 2007 8:53:35 AM

4. This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen on SNL. Samberg is hysterical and when Adam Levine shows up its even better.
    Any one else thing Andy is very cute?
    The line about no Homos in Iran, but now you are in New York was priceless.

Posted by: Bankerboy | Oct 1, 2007 9:02:38 AM

5. That was so clever. You just fueled my crush for Adam Levine...

Posted by: Rafael | Oct 1, 2007 9:07:30 AM

6. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I hope that gets sent all over Iran!

Posted by: dc-20008 | Oct 1, 2007 9:07:53 AM

7. It was definitely cute...

But besides the occasional short, SNL sucks hard lately. The live skits are virtually unwatchable.

Maybe they should just drop the live part and do digital shorts like that over and over again.

Posted by: David | Oct 1, 2007 10:02:10 AM

8. old school SNL would have done it better.

When I say old school I mean old shoooool Dana Carvey days. SNL has declined to the point that it probably should just be taken off the air. Today's Mad TV (which the younger generation watch) would have done it better.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 1, 2007 10:13:00 AM

9. Dana Carvey is old school? Um, no.

Old school is Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, John Belushi, Jane Curtin, Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray. That's old school.

Posted by: Dan E | Oct 1, 2007 10:52:48 AM

10. That was brilliant and Andy Samburg is a hottie.

Posted by: Denise | Oct 1, 2007 11:01:14 AM

11. OMG: "I can be your Jim Caviezel"

That one took me a second. Brilliant!

Posted by: crispy | Oct 1, 2007 11:04:48 AM

12. Chevy isn't old school, he's ancient! My parents were still going through puberty when he was on that show and I am in my 20's!

Posted by: Ryan | Oct 1, 2007 11:13:38 AM

13. I haven't watched an episode of SNL in well more than a decade (I'm from the Old Old Skool of Chevy, Laraine, Gilda, Garret, et al) but one thing remains true today, obviously, that was true then: the film shorts were amazing.

Thanks for sharing this, Andy. Our country should never forget its sense of humor!

Posted by: Becks07 | Oct 1, 2007 11:28:49 AM

14. Very, very funny, inspired, satire. And, I really like the fact that these men are comfortable enough in their own skins to perform in a smart, tongue-in-cheek pro-Gay skit. They're all incredibly talented, and hot.

But, given the subject, way too subtle for me.

Where were the custard pies and rotten tomatoes at Columbia? In the word of the LA Times, Ahmadinejad left the USA a winner, with world press and more visibility than when he arrived. Having a terrorist for a "Distinguished Lecture" at Columbia? Give me a break! Aren't there any students with balls at Columbia? The protests were lame, and the president of that university should be --- shall we say --- "let go." How self-loathing can we be?

Posted by: Richard | Oct 1, 2007 11:36:11 AM

15. Andy Samberg is the hottest man in the Western Hemisphere. I would give my right nut for a date with him.

And Crispy, thanks for interpreting that line...I would have never understood what he was saying. And it's all the more hilarious for the fact that Jim Caviezel is a troglodyte on par with Ahmadinejad.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 1, 2007 11:47:33 AM

16. It's almost impossible to find SNL clips on YouTube. They must have an army of lawyers protecting their precious "property", even though the shows are typically unwatchable.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Oct 1, 2007 12:24:37 PM

17. Andy Samberg is a FAG STAG. Someone who 'may be straight' but is not afraid to treat and pander to his gay fans. Other FAG STAGS -- Sting (for allowing himself to be auctioned off shirtless, by Elton John), Brad Pitt, and Hugh Jackman. Look up Andy's "Roy Rules!" song to see him hit on his real-life brother in law! :-D

Posted by: Strepsi | Oct 1, 2007 12:35:47 PM

18. dammit! the video is missing here. does anyone know where i can find it?

Posted by: nic | Oct 1, 2007 1:49:12 PM

19. For some reason NBC pulled the video. Until they pull copies from other user accounts, this works:

Posted by: sparks | Oct 1, 2007 1:53:15 PM

20. Anyone who thinks SNL is "unfunny" and prefers, say, the 90's casts needs to get their heads out of their asses and join the 21st century. The same people who bash SNL are the same people who watch 30 Rock, which is so wonderfully ironic.

Posted by: Billy | Oct 1, 2007 2:35:01 PM

21. Strepsi, I hate to correct you, but Hugh Jackman ain't just a fag stag. He's plain ol' fag. You got half right!

Posted by: jeff | Oct 1, 2007 5:58:03 PM

22. Yes, love between two men is so absurd and ridiculous that using a gay relationship makes double fun of Ahmedinejad. So hilrarious. In this piece I think gay affection and love (between two men) are being mocked more than the president of Iran. It never ceases to amaze me how comfortable people are with belittle gay male love. This is a profoundly homophobic piece and even most of the gays are laughing. Ugh!

Posted by: dancobbb@aol.com | Oct 1, 2007 6:07:12 PM

23. Love between two men is not ridiculous. A gay love song dedicated to one of the most homophobic figures in the world is. And so are the lyrics (But you are in New York, baby!)... Methinks you are taking this the wrong way.

Posted by: D. | Oct 1, 2007 6:30:54 PM

24. No billy, I do not watch 30 rock. yet I do bash SNL. SNL sucks! simple fact. It once was funny, but just isn't anymore.

Those that do think SNL is still funny probably work there and need the paycheck.

:-)

The only skit that they have put out in years that was in any way funny was the one with Al Gore doing a state of the union speach.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 1, 2007 6:38:56 PM

25. Gotta love those geniuses at NBC -- they finally get another hit on their hands, and they pull their own video from YouTube. Guess they weren't dynamically synergizing their interactive product monetization enough.

Posted by: MT | Oct 1, 2007 6:45:03 PM