Larry Craig | Mike Jones | News | Ted Haggard

Ted Haggard Escort Mike Jones Claims Larry Craig Was His Client

Mike Jones, the escort behind the Ted Haggard scandal, claims that Idaho Senator Larry Craig was his client.

Jones_craig_2Jones dropped the bombshell while appearing on the "Bulldog Bill Feingold Show" in Palm Springs.

According to KESQ Palm Springs: "Feingold asked whether the Senator had seen Jones in a hotel room. Jones responded, 'No, he came to see me.' Jones then added, 'His travel records to Denver have been documented. That's what I wanted to say.' NewsChannel 3 asked Senator Craig's office to comment on the allegations that Craig came to Denver to see Jones, who calls himself a gay escort. Craig's office said in response, 'Mike Jones' allegations are completely false.'" Craig's office also added, "clearly anyone can make an accusation absent of details that would be easy to refute."

The station reports, "Jones is not alleging that he has had sex with Senator Craig but that he is alleging the senator came to see him. 'One of the things I was good at was figuring out what people did for a living when they came to see me by things they said or their actions,' Jones said on-air Wednesday night. 'So be in a position where you have to guess what people did for a living, occupation-wise. Someone comes in to you and the first question they say to you is 'do you follow politics?' and you would say, 'yes'. 'Oh.' 'the weather is cold outside, isn't it? What would you think that person is involved with? I will just tell you a gentleman came in and said that exact thing to me.'"

Asked Feingold "Did he look similar to Senator Craig?"

Jones responded, "I've been with many politicians and all I can tell you is for a fact, that Larry Craig is a hypocrite."

Joe.My.God also reports that Jones told him of Craig when the Craig scandal first unfolded: "I asked Mike if he could prove his claim, but he said that while he didn't have voice mail messages to backup his claim, as he did with Ted Haggard, he would nevertheless come forward IF Craig did not follow through on his resignation."

UPDATE: Mike Rogers of BlogActive, who outed Larry Craig before Craig was arrested in the Minneapolis airport, claims that Mike Jones is lying to juice up his book sales. Rogers had a phone conversation with Jones and challenged him to bring out the proof.

Alleged Haggard Escort: 'Sen. Craig Visited Me' [kesq] (with video)
Bombshell From Mike Jones: "Larry Craig Was My Customer" [joe.my.god]

Comments

1. Damn

Lary Craig should have just rode off into the sunset when he had the chance.

The Fing hypocrite just recently voted against the new hate crimes legislation.

No holds bar, tar and feather the hypocrite.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 5, 2007 5:13:40 PM

2. Call me a traitor, whatever, but I'm really beginning to feel bad about all this. Not so much for him (actually, not at all for him), but more for his family, his staff, and for the entire state of Idaho.

I wish he'd just get out and take everything with him. He's already dug his own grave. At least if he laid in it peacefully, he'd save some sort of dignity for his family and even for himself.

Posted by: David | Oct 5, 2007 5:18:45 PM

3. If you were going to buy a whore, wouldn't you insist on someone a lot better-looking than Jones, or am I just a snobby, picky bitch?

Whatever...I am so disappointed that Craig doesn't have the balls (or shame or intelligence) to kill himself (preferably on national tv). Maybe he'll wait til closer to election time (or christmas). That'd be a gem if he'd do it during a Barbara Walter's interview. Imagine what bloodstains on her Chanel suit would do for ratings!

Posted by: Jordan | Oct 5, 2007 5:28:51 PM

4. HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly Larry is delusional if he thought all this wouldn't come out! Unlike hiumself! hahaha

Posted by: dc-20008 | Oct 5, 2007 5:34:03 PM

5. Not so fast. Mike Rogers, owner of BlogActive.com and the man who first reported on Larry Craig's hypocrisy, is calling Mike Jones a liar: http://pageoneq.com/news/2007/mikejones100507.html

Posted by: JOHN IN MANHATTAN | Oct 5, 2007 5:38:47 PM

6. Wait just a second... Mike Rogers is calling Mike Jones a liar because he won't produce any evidence of an encounter with Larry Craig?

Isn't this the same Mike Rogers who refused to produce any evidence when he supposedly outed Larry Craig last year? I think someone's being a hypocrite, and it ain't Larry Craig.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 5, 2007 5:51:31 PM

7. Oh for Dog's sake! And to think that I gave Mr. Jones money! He made a big deal out of NOT knowing that Mr. Haggard was a "minister" until after his business dealings went south. Now he says that he's good at picking out that stuff? C'mon Mr. Jones, you are good looking and certainly worthy of a schtumpf, but not every closet case Republican is hoping on your log.

Posted by: JT | Oct 5, 2007 5:54:59 PM

8. The gay people I know here in Denver are not happy with Mr. Jones. His timing regarding the Haggard "affair" was really bad. There were two gay related items on the ballot and it was right before we voted. We lost both. He then started turning up at the bar after we hadn't seen him in years. I guess looking to be recognized. I think he realized people didn't see him as some kind of hero and we haven't seen him out. At least in the bar I go to and saw him at. I think he is doing this for the money and recognition. I don't think he had the well being of the gay community on his mind or did it because of his disdain of hypocrisy. He found a way to make some money, timed it just right and now he has been traveling, being paid to appear on TV and has a book deal. You do the math.

Posted by: DenverMan | Oct 5, 2007 6:00:29 PM

9. bOO mR. jONES!!! YOUR GOING TO HELL!

Posted by: ADAMVSADAM | Oct 5, 2007 6:06:00 PM

10. This guy needs to learn how to take a dump!

Posted by: Andy Samberg | Oct 5, 2007 6:09:53 PM

11. david, I might have felt sorry for his family back when the toe tapping thing
    hit. Now? NOPE

They chose to stay with him after his toe tappings were exposed. They deserve what they get now. Their choice to stay with him = no sympathy from me.

The people of Idaho? They deserve what they get as well voting for "family values" crap.

No sympathy for anyone involved anymore.

He had the audacity after his toe tapping was exposed to voter NO on and rant from his soap box about the evils of Hate crimes legislation promoting the immoral gay lifestyle.

I am loving this sheudenfreudan (spell check)

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 5, 2007 6:13:14 PM

12. No matter what kind of person Sen. Craig may be, this seems to be *awfully* opportunistic of Mike Jones to be making this revelation right now. Frankly, I'm so tired of the whole damn thing I really don't even care...but I'm bored at work, so I can waste another thirty seconds of my afternoon by posting this comment.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 5, 2007 6:14:30 PM

13. Oh and Adam , screw you. Keep your fairytale hell all to yourself

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 5, 2007 6:14:56 PM

14. Thank you Adam. You are wise and incredibly gifted in both spelling and capitalization.

Posted by: Gregg | Oct 5, 2007 6:15:52 PM

15. I believe Mike. He is my hero. Bring down all the hypocrites whomever and wherever they may be.

Posted by: the queen | Oct 5, 2007 6:17:43 PM

16. I guess it's possible that Larry found Mike's advertisement somewhere and that Mike serves all sorts of rich or famous people. But it seems like a massively unlikely coincidence. As Jordan mentioned, Mike is not at all what I what look for were I to pay for sex. (Of course, Jeff Gannon wasn't either, and apparently he somehow had clients too.) Hypocrite homos need to focus on sub-literate punks who don't follow politics or anything else...and get a room (not a bathroom) when they're doing it.

Posted by: Paul | Oct 5, 2007 6:27:10 PM

17. He sounds like he is being told what to do by his other GOP clients. I'm sure those closet cases are the ones who feel the most threatened by having Craig around. To bad this fellow is got such low standards.

Posted by: Rafael | Oct 5, 2007 6:27:40 PM

18. To Scott and Jimmyboyo:

That was intentional ALL CAPS, and you're "GOIN TO HELL TOO!" I just like saying it because it makes me sound cool. Have a great weekend!

Posted by: ADAMVSADAM | Oct 5, 2007 6:39:30 PM

19. She knew perfectly well who she married.

No pity for the bitch whatsoever.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 5, 2007 6:51:35 PM

20. I don't get why you all dont get how good this is for us.

the GOP is gonna have this horrible scab on them and it only rubs it in how two faced the whole conservative agenda is.

I say keep it going Larry, fight them the whole way to protect your right to bathroom hookups.

Posted by: rich | Oct 5, 2007 7:41:39 PM

21. Is there a book deal or a tv special in all this?

Posted by: Bill Perdue | Oct 5, 2007 8:26:53 PM

22. Remind me to share with you all Mike Jones' little show at the Denver Swim Club a few weeks ago. Girl is a mess!

Posted by: andy | Oct 5, 2007 8:45:44 PM

23. P.S. Larry Craig is little too thin for Jones' tastes. Oh wait, supposedly he was paying. Oopsie.

Posted by: andy | Oct 5, 2007 8:48:20 PM

24. Adam I gladly will pave the way for you to go to YOUR hell that much quicker.

In the end though, it is YOUR hell. Not my fairytale, myth, deity, ghost story, buga buga schizo fantasy at all. All yours and you can go their full speed ahead.

:-)

Atheism does a mind good. :-)

PS; one would think that the fairytale thunder deity would have mentioned hell to his supposed "chosen" people. NOPE! No hell in judaism. Never has been, isn't, never will be. Centuries upon centuries of Judaism pre your personal (in Jewish eyes heretic cult) myth popping out the idea of hell. HaShem didn't say one thing at all about a hell to HaShem's chosen people. NADA

Oh, and if you have no clue what I mean by HaShem then maybe you should do a little research into Judaism from which your cult broke off from as a heretical group.

have a nice night.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 5, 2007 11:24:18 PM

25. It's definitely better for all 'mo's everywhere if Larry Craig stays and fights for his job. This is why everyone in the GOP is trying to make him go away. The longer he stays, the more likely i is that a Democrat will take his place.

Posted by: Daniel | Oct 5, 2007 11:47:09 PM