Fashion Men | Grooming | Magazines | News | Tom Ford

Tom Ford: "I'm an Equal Opportunity Objectifier"

Ford

OUT has been publishing several outtakes from their November issue's saucy Tom Ford shoot in which he talks about his recent quest to become a film director, as well as how he feels about dressing appropriately for one's age (or undressing appropriately as the case may be).

One (NSFW) shot that was too hot for the magazine and riffs on his recent fragrance campaign can be seen by clicking on the photo above.

Said Ford: "It was meant to be a play on the new campaign, but there’s a double standard with featuring female nudity and featuring male nudity. When people say to me, 'Well, you objectify women,' [I say,] I’m an equal opportunity objectifier."

For more on the "male fragrance ad" and to see the shoot and Tom in all his bare-assed glory, head on over to OUT.

Product Placement [out]

Comments

1. First =D
    NICE Spread!

Posted by: Corey D. | Oct 10, 2007 11:01:58 AM

2. damn nice pic. I see nothing wrong with it.

we have to see ads with twats practically exposed all the time. nothing wrong with this.

Posted by: dc20008 | Oct 10, 2007 11:05:17 AM

3. YAWN.

Mr. Ford, go back to no-where NC. You are an over-used pathetic. Ralph Lauren wants his shit back. BTW-your ass is flat. Buy yourseld a new line, to go along with your 'new' pecs'.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 10, 2007 11:15:15 AM

4. I'm really glad that Tom Ford is happy about being single again and is thrilled about his new and improved physique, but I'm really getting a Britney type burnout with him. Its all starting to come across as a carefully crafted management marketing strategy to set a tone for him and his name as a brand. I'm over the celebrity for celebrity sake Madonna-wannabes and their image campaigns. Its kind of sad and desperate and encourages unsustainable attitudes and behaviour. Life is not a music video.

www.theskinofmyteeth.com

David

Posted by: David B. | Oct 10, 2007 11:15:20 AM

5. He's single again? That explains this odd behaviour then.

Posted by: gabe | Oct 10, 2007 11:20:30 AM

6. and BTW, if those pictures are truly yours-where is your pathetic boyfriend? I remember-he is sitting in the corner as usual. Sad really.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 10, 2007 11:20:44 AM

7. Tom Ford is both lecherously hot and vaguely disturbing.

Posted by: Ben | Oct 10, 2007 11:25:43 AM

8. I don't get it -- does the fragrance smell like ass?

Posted by: tjc | Oct 10, 2007 11:32:41 AM

9. OK, that is just gross. Mmmmm. Cologne that "smells like ass". Nice touch. *rolls eyes*

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Oct 10, 2007 11:34:51 AM

10. Not the smartest ad campaign I've ever seen.

Is he trying to tell us that his new fragrance smells like ASS?

No Thanks!

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 10, 2007 11:35:16 AM

11. David, I know, right?

Enough about him already. He is vulgar and crass (and not in a good way), and is STILL a wanna-be. When is his rehab moment coming so he will disappear (or just die?)

He is a prick. trust me.

Posted by: Jordan | Oct 10, 2007 11:36:39 AM

12. Ok, so we all got the message at the same time! :)

It's pretty clear that that's the message that people will take away from this ad.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 10, 2007 11:36:46 AM

13. ASSTASTIC!

New for men, by Tom Ford.

So he dumped ye Olde Raisin and decided to go full-tilt trashbag, eh? More power to him? *Gag*

Maybe someone will teach him a lesson in humility.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 10, 2007 11:36:54 AM

14. from what i have heard, that is mr. ford's preferred frangrance. not my gig.

Posted by: andrew | Oct 10, 2007 11:38:05 AM

15. No, only Ford's breath smells like ass—as in haven't bathed in two weeks ass.

Sledd, Crocker, Ross, LeWhore....what a great time to be gay!

Posted by: Leland Frances | Oct 10, 2007 11:38:20 AM

16. Tom can be so hot sometimes, other times he's a turnoff. Strange. He says his new men's fragrance smells like a man's cock. His?

Posted by: ARMANI | Oct 10, 2007 11:40:16 AM

17. Hilarious! We all get it. What is this stupid ad campaign anyway but 90's burnout "chic". Seriously. Bad photographed, faux-David LaChappelle, "storied" ad campaign where an old man makes a move on two twinks, finally choosing the "latin" guy. Yeah, this is cutting edge. pfffft. All it is is re-hash of a bad 90's night out. Seems the world and gay culture has moved on as Mr. Ford was in and ended his relationship. What's next? An ad with a red corvette?

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Oct 10, 2007 11:46:51 AM

18. He is not the designer he once was. His store on Madison is nice visually with the two floors and sofas etc but his clothes are starting to look like Kenneth Cole's.

Posted by: Davey | Oct 10, 2007 11:50:09 AM

19. It just goes to show, Tom Ford is all hype. And now he's been reduced to this. It's pathetic! Any Gucci experts able to explain how he got elevated to iconic status? I know he turned that fashion house around, but he must have had help LOL...

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 10, 2007 12:06:12 PM

20. Poopoo couture.

Posted by: Becks07 | Oct 10, 2007 12:20:38 PM

21. Like I said. YAWN.

Posted by: andrew | Oct 10, 2007 12:35:29 PM

22. Tom Ford is an equal-opportunity opportunist. He's from the Paris Hilton school of "bad attention is better than no attention." I guess we're all falling into the trap, since we're all here slamming him.

Posted by: davy | Oct 10, 2007 12:42:49 PM

23. kinda gross really.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Oct 10, 2007 1:38:45 PM

24. whether it's a woman's twat or a man's ass, it is vulgarity trying desperately to pass as edgy now-ness.

ford is an attractive man, but what makes him ugly is his narcissistic insistence on interjecting himself where other dignified men would not go. why would he want to cavort naked (in an ad campaign) with much younger and hotter men? sad.

for someone who is a "perfectionist," ford keeps missing the mark.

Posted by: nic | Oct 10, 2007 2:37:56 PM

25. Wow...y'all are defining "bitchy queens"!!

I'm Tom's age, and I wish I looked that great naked! Wow.

I've also met him on a couple of occasions and he's exceptionally gracious and warm. He gives you the "you are the only person in the room" feeling when speaking with you, and he remembered a random detail about me the second time we met (and trust me, I'm a nobody).

It's true that he's odd...but I believe it's just who he is and he's channeled that oddness into a terrifically successful career.

Okay, one bitchy thing...he's got to move past the white-shirt-with-four-buttons-undone look...mix it up a little, Tom!!

Posted by: Greenpoint | Oct 10, 2007 5:35:16 PM