Ann Coulter | Brandon Flowers | News | Singapore | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #185

REPEAL 377a: Singaporeans rap to get folks energized about repealing the section of the nation's penal code that criminalizes gay sex.

ANN COULTER: Her recent appearance on Donny Deutsch's "The Big Idea", in which she says "We just want the Jews to be perfected. That’s what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know that we’re all sinners." (source: media matters)

STACY HEDGER: Get in the way back machine and watch this pageant contestant toot out a thrilling trumpet solo to the theme from Star Wars! (source: dlisted)

THE KILLERS: Teaming up with Lou Reed on new track "Tranquilize". (source: arjan writes)

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here!

Comments

1. Yay, I missed my Ann Coulter news! She so crazy!

Posted by: jmg | Oct 12, 2007 3:27:04 PM

2. I love Ann Coulter! She is all the craziness and hate and bigotry of the Republican party in one neat little package for everyone to see. May she live forever!

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 12, 2007 3:33:45 PM

3. Oh my GOD. Make that "trumpeter" stop. How horrendous.

Posted by: Michigan Matt | Oct 12, 2007 3:37:26 PM

4. Only now does Donny Douche have The Big Idea to silence Coulter because she happened to shoot her mouth off about his religion... he's hosted her too many times in the past without protest for any of her vile spew against others. Why did it take until Today for him to announce she's evil and campaign for her demise?

Posted by: A.J | Oct 12, 2007 3:42:47 PM

5. If people ignore Coulter, she will go away. Can we PLEEEEEEEASE start doing so?

Posted by: Michael | Oct 12, 2007 3:54:44 PM

6. OMG, I LOVE Stacy Hedger. The music. The dancing. The drama. She's a star!

Posted by: DARB | Oct 12, 2007 3:54:49 PM

7. That trumpet! I can't stop laughing! The "dance breaks" are the best part.

Posted by: Gregg | Oct 12, 2007 4:07:00 PM

8. It's sooooo hard to care about anything Ann Coulter says. She'll obviously say anything to get on TV. She speaks sufficiently well that even she can't possibly believe anything she says. Poster skank for media ho.

www.theskinofmyteeth.com

David B.

Posted by: David B. | Oct 12, 2007 4:07:35 PM

9. I am surprised that people are surprised anne would say such.

The repub platform is hate of brown people, black people, gay people, Jewish people, non protestant people, non the right kind of protestant people, handicapped people, non rich people, etc

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 12, 2007 4:29:50 PM

10. Yeah, Jimmyboyo, except that the Republican party is full of Jews, blacks, and gays too!

Posted by: jmg | Oct 12, 2007 4:34:17 PM

11. I love how disagreement with a liberal means you're a hateful bigot. It must be nice to have the ABSOLUTE MORAL AUTHORITY firmly planted. In your ass, that is.

Posted by: John Galt | Oct 12, 2007 4:40:44 PM

12. Stacy has my vote (and, God forbid, I used to "train" contestents in a previous life [twenty years and fifty pounds ago]). Yikes the jobs I have had.

Stacy has it all: the hair! the costume! the moves! the Charlie Chaplin/penguin walk with bell kicks! shiny shoes! glitter sleeves! using the trumpet as a ray gun!

Posted by: rudy | Oct 12, 2007 4:49:23 PM

13. Could there be a correlation between the verbal excrement that people like Coulter constantly spew and the implications of the recently posted poll of young people having an increasingly negative impression of Christianity?

Posted by: Wes | Oct 12, 2007 5:19:32 PM

14. @ JOHNGALT: Actually, no. You only need to be a republican to be a hateful bigot. There's not enough room on the internet to list all the proof of that....

Posted by: I before E | Oct 12, 2007 5:23:57 PM

15. Since I spent 18 years in a private Protestant school, I can vouch for Ann Coulter when she said she is a perfected Jew. It's a common Protestant belief that Christianity is a perfected form of Judaism. She didn't mean offense while just trying to explain what she and millions of others truly believe.

Posted by: John | Oct 12, 2007 5:32:59 PM

16. Miss Teen South Carolina should watch that. It would make her feel so much better.

Posted by: sam | Oct 12, 2007 5:46:06 PM

17. JOHN GALT in his present name-sake stalks the halls of towleraoad again. be afraid people, be VERY afraid. this poseur thinks that he wins in any "intelligent" debate. the default mode is, "i win because i got the last word in." that is so SOUTHPARKish: how dare you defy my autheritay!?

Posted by: nic | Oct 12, 2007 6:38:07 PM

18. "Jerry Falwell even said Jews get into heaven" ... I bet millions of Jews are wiping their collective brows over that one Annie! This chick is a meida ho plain and simple.

Ann Coulter lives in an area of New York surrounded by Jewish residents and Jewish businesses. She'll get her just deserts.

;-)

Posted by: Sojourner Truth | Oct 12, 2007 6:43:50 PM

19. i failed to say, "god bless mann colt-er." as long as s(he) lives and breathes, she wins converts to the liberal side. put this c*nt on life support. stat!!!

Posted by: nic | Oct 12, 2007 6:46:21 PM

20. I agree that Ann Coulter is completely hateful, however; I think Deutch is a sanctimonious hypocrite. He brings horseface on to say vile and nasty things to hopefully raise the ratings on his sad little show, she does, but this time she says something stupid about Jews, or by association, him, so he gets all riled up and goes on the Today show and acts all high and mighty. It's not like Coulter was an unknown--every time she opens her mouth she offends Gays, women, Muslims, 9-11 widows etc... But apparently Deutsch didn't get upset about any of that, not until she slimed him. If I believed in Hell I'd hope there was a special circle for schmucks like him. Also, why was she on this show anyway? Isn't it supposed to be a show about business?

Posted by: Daniel | Oct 12, 2007 7:08:28 PM

21. I could never be a liberal: a libertarian, yes, but never a liberal.

Posted by: John | Oct 12, 2007 9:11:09 PM

22. Um, John, I really don't care what you learned at Protestant school. I'll tell you what I learned growing up as a Jew: any asshat that says that Jews can be, or should be, "perfected" by Christianity is a vile bigot.

Posted by: AdamN | Oct 12, 2007 10:03:47 PM

23. Precisely Adamn.

But Daniel's comment about Deutsch's not getting upset at Coulter until the anti-Semitic slurs most recently is dead-on too.

He's let her rant to her heart's content about Gays, women, Muslims, etc...

Guess this one hit too close to home.

Posted by: Sojourner Truth | Oct 12, 2007 11:33:34 PM

24. Most religions have some form of bigotry embedded in them. One could argue that Mormons feel that their form of Christianity is superior to Protestants and Protestants feel their form of Christianity is better than Catholics. I remember many Southern Baptist preachers saying all Catholics and Mormons were going to hell because they were perverted forms of Christianity. Muslims despise the Jews and Jews aren't too happy with the Muslims (at least in some parts of the world.) Jews have a derogatory world for non-Jews: shiksa (feminine) and shkutz (masculine). Basically, I was just trying to point out the fact that Ann was just espousing what her religion believes. I think it's a wonderful thing that all the many different religions in the United States can get along and function without killing each other over our differences and beliefs. Think about this, many Evangelical Christians believe they are to pray for the salvation and peace of Israel. They don't do that out of hate and bigotry, but out of love and caring. You got some quacks in all religions, but I believe for the most part, everyone is a Good Samaritan at heart, whether you are Christian, Jew, Muslim, or other.

Posted by: John | Oct 13, 2007 10:16:52 AM

25. Somehow, there seems to be a difference between saying that Christianity is a perfected form of Judaism and that Jews need to be perfected. While I believe the former is arrogant enough and vile in its own right as a belief, the latter is a more personal statement, referring to the person and not the religion.

Anne knows what she is saying. She knows how to make it personal and get the negative attention she craves. Sadly, enough people agree with her on that personal, hateful level and will go out and buy whatever she's selling, so she'll accept public scorn gladly while her coffers fill.

Posted by: JT | Oct 13, 2007 12:35:39 PM