Gay Slurs | Los Angeles | News | Scott Caan

Actor Scott Caan to Paparazzo: Get a Real Job, You Faggot

Caan

TMZ's photographers caught up with actor Scott Caan as he was leaving the Newsroom Cafe on Robertson Boulevard yesterday.

The pissed off son of James Caan challenged the photographer to a fight before unleashing the F-word:

"You tryin to be nice about it? I saw you shootin me while I was eatin a cheeseburger. Fuckin jack-off. I'll give you a thousand dollars to come fight me, how bout that? $2000. $2500. Ten grand if you'll fight me. Get a real job, you faggot."

The Wrath of Caan Junior [tmz]

You may have missed...
Paul Walker and Scott Caan: Brotherly Love [tr]

Comments

1. What a douchebag. I bet the photographer was more interested in a photo of the cheeseburger. Who cares about this d-lister?

Posted by: Marco | Nov 15, 2007 11:31:29 AM

2. Caan's father is a total jerk, so what'd you expect?
    that said, wish he had punched the shit out of the photographer.

Posted by: A.J | Nov 15, 2007 11:33:12 AM

3. "I'll give you a thousand dollars to come fight me"

Classy.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 15, 2007 11:34:23 AM

4. He's an ass, but I'd still do him.

Posted by: sam | Nov 15, 2007 11:37:43 AM

5. I'd do him too.

He's got that awesomely proportioned body because he's so damned short.

Plus, with the tiny little torso, he'd make my dick look massive.

Bwahaha!

Posted by: Rey | Nov 15, 2007 11:39:17 AM

6. I'm pretty sure back in the days when he hadn't started working in the business, he was openly gay. I'm positive I read about him in Interview or something.

Posted by: secretagentman | Nov 15, 2007 11:39:35 AM

7. -Knock knock
    -Who's there?
    -Scott Caan
    -Scott Caan who?
    -EXACTLY!

Posted by: ROB | Nov 15, 2007 11:43:33 AM

8. He's a douche but paparazzis are out of control these days! Something needs to be done.

Posted by: Shabaka | Nov 15, 2007 11:50:07 AM

9. Is there a difference between calling a gay man a faggot, and calling any man (who may or may not be gay) a faggot? In the latter case is the name-caller trying to insult gay folks? By using that insult are you always insulting gay folks no matter what?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 15, 2007 11:54:20 AM

10. Wait ... I thought Scott Caan is gay. I know I've heard that rumor a few times before.

Posted by: Allen | Nov 15, 2007 11:55:01 AM

11. I seem to remember Scott being arrested several years ago I believe at The Factory or even The Abbey for starting a fight. It was in Page Six--I'm sure someone could do some digging if they even thought he was worth it.

Posted by: DoubleAgent | Nov 15, 2007 11:58:31 AM

12. i'd still do him.

Posted by: ken | Nov 15, 2007 12:01:16 PM

13. What do you think, Derrick?

Is there a particularly abhorrent word that is typically used to insult one group of people that ends up being just as offensive when directed at somebody that doesn't fit into the original group?

For example, if you call a guy a "bitch", are you insulting all women by implying that a "bitch-man" is as "bad" as a woman?

Posted by: Rey | Nov 15, 2007 12:11:23 PM

14. I don't care WHAT he calls me - as long as he calls...

Posted by: DavidDust | Nov 15, 2007 12:20:17 PM

15. Double Agent,

I'm bored enough so here you go:

Scott Caan was arrested in September of 1998 after repeatedly punching fellow bar patron James Alleyna at a West Hollywood bar. The fight started after Alleyna danced with Caan's girlfriend.

Posted by: RP | Nov 15, 2007 12:22:06 PM

16. Scott Caan has always given me major wood. Although having photographers all over you is most likely frustrating, his "fight me" crap is pretty freakin' lame. Scott Caan is a small man, not just in stature.

Posted by: BusytTimmy | Nov 15, 2007 12:26:25 PM

17. So hot, so dumb.

Posted by: Roscoe | Nov 15, 2007 12:30:27 PM

18. Dear Scott:

You're an actor! YOU get a real job, you faggot.

What a loser.

Posted by: jake | Nov 15, 2007 12:38:55 PM

19. I am shocked that people are giving him a pass on this one because they think he's hot. That is just sad.

Speaking of jobs, he's at Newsroom eating a cheeseburger in the middle of the day...

Posted by: Dan B | Nov 15, 2007 12:41:08 PM

20. Also, for those who don't/haven't lived in Los Angeles:

If you don't want your picture taken, don't eat at the Ivy, Newsroom (directly across the street), or Mr. Chow. There are plenty of places you can go and eat a good meal and not be bothered.

He was asking for it. Perhaps to help him get another "real" job

Posted by: Dan B | Nov 15, 2007 12:43:53 PM

21. Well, Rey, I'm actually not sure what I think or feel on this topic. My questions about this incident were honest ones--no alterior motive behind them. As amazing as it may seem, I am interested in what different opinions different gay people may have on the matter. We aint no monolith, are we, now?

By the way, somehow I don't associate the insult "bitch" with women or femininity. I come across a lot of bitchy straight and gay men...everyday. Maybe that helps explain why I have questions about the word "faggot" that for most gay males have obvious answers.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 15, 2007 12:48:56 PM

22. Extra-strength douche.

Posted by: omarandjohnny | Nov 15, 2007 12:49:10 PM

23. He's done.

Posted by: thespeck | Nov 15, 2007 12:49:42 PM

24. Very interesting responses.

Posted by: Jason | Nov 15, 2007 12:52:35 PM

25. c'mon guys, douchebaggery is not a lifestyle, it's an orientation.

Posted by: rascal | Nov 15, 2007 12:52:54 PM