David Beckham | Football | News | Sports | Vancouver

David Beckham Upstaged by Streaker in Vancouver

Streaker1

As the Vancouver Sun notes, this year David Beckham has evolved into more of a "box office attraction" than a serious football player, due to his various injuries.

Last night the L.A. Galaxy played an exhibition match against the Vancouver Whitecaps up in British Columbia and an "exhibition" match it was.

The Vancouver Sun reported that while Beckham generated much interest he was upstaged by both a marriage proposal that took place on the stadium's big screen, as well as a very enthusiastic streaker that made his way around the stadium:

Proposal"When the English idol left in the 73rd minute, he clapped his hands above his head in appreciation of the crowd, which gave him its third-loudest ovation of the evening. A young lady named Tricia Rattie saying yes, on the JumboTron, to her boyfriend's request to marry him, and a streaker who ran down the field in the 56th minute got bigger reactions."

Becks was seen laughing at the incident and later told the paper: "I have seen it before. We've had it a few times in Europe [and] you try and run the other way."

Streaker2

(image source, source)

Comments

1. FINALLY!

For the first time, probably in the history of mankind, a hot streaker!

That's the last straw! I'm moving to Canada!

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 8, 2007 9:27:31 AM

2. I have to say that I find it a bit odd that male police officers and security personell aren't allowed to touch or search fully clothed female offenders but female officers are sent out to tackle and make full body contact with a NUDE male offender.

Just another of the gender biased rules that I don't understand.

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 8, 2007 9:30:58 AM

3. I was at the match last night. At the end of the game, Becks went over to the sideline and gave a little girl the shirt off his back. I hate that little girl. Actually, I wanted to be that little girl ...

Posted by: ger | Nov 8, 2007 10:36:22 AM

4. Damn, where is the telephoto lens when you need it??

Posted by: Will | Nov 8, 2007 11:28:01 AM

5. I think Andy would feint if Becks ever streaked during a game.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Nov 8, 2007 12:00:53 PM

6. Hi Andy;

While I do appreciate the fact that you did create a “source” link at the bottom of your article to my blog where you took the image of the streaker from still under my Creative Commons License you did break stipulations for the use of my images. First the image is not to be altered, you cropped the image. Second the image source should be linked thru a hyperlink that says either “Livingsword” or “Life on the Blade”, “source” is not sufficient. As you seem like a reasonable kind of person I thought you would be amenable to my mentioning these things. I am fine with leaving this as is but would appreciate that kind of respect in the future…

Thanks,

Livingsword

Posted by: Livingsword | Nov 8, 2007 12:26:16 PM

7. oooooooooo...andy's in deep doo-doo with livingsword. shame on you, andy! ;-)

and livingsword...i recommend you look up the term 'run-on sentence'.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 8, 2007 1:11:22 PM

8. Hi Peterparker;

Nice to meet you, actually my paragraph has 5 sentences and doesn’t contain a run on sentence…that being said you may visit my blogs to search for the treasures of grammar etc errors.

I would hope that Andy would take my comment as it was given…as a friendly overture.

Posted by: Livingsword | Nov 8, 2007 1:35:42 PM

9. I think I meant "faint". Oopsie.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Nov 8, 2007 1:38:53 PM

10. Livingsword & Peterparker:

Stop being such a an ass. Both y'all ain'tz all dat anyway. Lick mah clit, bitches

Posted by: Labia Minora-Majora | Nov 8, 2007 8:06:24 PM

11. i think i need to see a close up of the streaker before i call him hot.

Posted by: Rikki | Nov 8, 2007 9:45:16 PM

12. I don't need to see a close up to see a big floppy ass and front butt jiggling...gross...why is it nobody gets naked that you might actually WANT to see...this guy is sloppy.

Posted by: Flabby Ass | Nov 8, 2007 10:54:35 PM