Blake Lewis Not Ready to Lapdance for Chris Richardson

Cozy

Said Blake Lewis of the above photo, which was the topic of much discussion earlier this year during the American Idol season: “That photo is hilarious. There are a lot of gay people that wish I’m gay, but they gonna keep dreaming for a long time. I’m very straight. Gender or sexual preference doesn’t mean anything to me. If you like my music then we’re going to have a good time together, I can talk your ear off about it or sing you a song.”

Arjan Writes interviewed Lewis for Bravo OutZone about his new album and how he took things carefully after Idol: “I never worried about anyone but myself. I thought I lost my artistic integrity just by being on a television show that I had never seen. But I didn’t want that to happen and I represented myself to the fullest, and the fans responded to that. I take myself seriously, but I don’t take myself seriously. I just have fun with what I’m doing.”

Blakestarwars

Lewis also comments on the cover art for Audio Day Dream: “It was inspired by this digital art piece that I found on the internet with two faces and it was very futuristic, very sort of Star Wars meets ’80s. I’m lost in music. I hope that’s what listeners will get it from this music, they can just turn it on and just press play.”

My take on Lewis’ new album here.

Blake Lewis’ Dream Come True [bravo outzone]
Interview with Blake Lewis [arjan writes]

You may have missed…
Blake Lewis’ Audio Day Dream is No Nightmare [tr]
Blake Lewis’ Audio Daydream [tr]
American Idol Runner-Up Blake Lewis: I’m Not Gay [tr]
Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson, Together Forever [tr]

Comments

1. says

“There are a lot of gay people that wish I’m gay, but they gonna keep dreaming for a long time. I’m very straight. Gender or sexual preference doesn’t mean anything to me.

Uhmm, I think he’s the one who is dreaming. If gender/sexual preference doesn’t mean anything to him, then why the need to clarify?

2. Eric says

That quote was taken slightly out of context. Blake was saying that gender/sexual preference in OTHER people doesn’t matter to him. Here’s the full quote from that part of the interview:

“Lewis and his American Idol pal Chris Richardson quickly became the topic of much internet banter after a doctored photo of the two surfaced on prominent gay blogs. The two are pictured hanging out together intimately in a chair. “That photo is hilarious,” Lewis laughs. “There are a lot of gay people that wish I’m gay, but they gonna keep dreaming for a long time (. . .) I’m very straight.”

He adds that he doesn’t label people and is excited about anyone who is a fan of his music. “Gender or sexual preference doesn’t mean anything to me,” he says. “If you like my music then we’re going to have a good time together, I can talk your ear off about it or sing you a song.”

3. jeff says

Once I saw that tattoo removal video starring Blake, I completely lost my boner for him. What a douche!

4. JJ says

It’s a cute picture. It’s nice that he’s comfortable being close to other guys like that. Although, with all the hysteria surrounding this photo, he’ll probably think twice about it next time, which is really kinda sad.

5. says

Well I for one am not one of the gays who wishes he was one of us. I don’t think he is even remotely cute and I’ve always found his “too cool for idol” attitude to only make him seem like a big poseur.

Chris Richardson on the other hand, grrrr…..

6. holdensf says

sorry, the url keeps getting cut off. but it’s fake. google “gettyimages American Idol Top 24 Backstage” if you are so inclined.

7. says

Frankly, I hate Blake’s new song, “Break Anotha”. It is like an ice pick to my cerebral cortex.

Don’t get me started on the beatboxing, either.

As for Chris, he is pretty…too bad he can’t sing.

8. Sebastian says

I don’t wish and nor do I care if you are gay, all I know is that the beat box style has been dead since the 1980’s. Most people wish you could actually SING first before social commentary, LOL!

Now, can someone get me in the room to give Chris Richardson a lap dance, private of course, he is some kind of HOT!

9. Shirley says

Sorry to the handful of bitter, disgruntled queens who’ve posted vicious words about Blakey Blake here! But Blake is as straight as an arrow: I should know… I dated him in high school! All I can say is that he’s one man who is all man and who really knows how to make a lady smile… Even so, Blake has lots of gay friends and loves gay people so stop hatin’ on him, okay, darlings? Love to you all!