Advertising | David Beckham | Fashion Men | Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott | News | Sports | Underwear

First Look: David Beckham for Emporio Armani Underwear

Beckhamarmani_2

In November it was announced that David Beckham was to be the next model for Emporio Armani underwear. Here's the first image from that campaign, and it's quite a package.

The campaign was shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

You may have missed...
Marc Jacobs Extends His Naked Moment [tr]
Clint Mauro for Armani Exchange — A/X Underwear [tr]

Comments

1. Am I the only one who doesn't understand this Beckhamania? I feel this is a media produced phenomena, as he is really not that special.

I know, it's just me.

Posted by: protogenes | Dec 10, 2007 11:27:50 AM

2. I completely agree. He's handsome and athletic, but I know plenty of guys with better bodies.

Posted by: the other jeff | Dec 10, 2007 11:37:36 AM

3. 'Nair' it like Beckham?

Posted by: Jace | Dec 10, 2007 11:40:20 AM

4. Must be you...cause he is special (pretty).

That's a HOT ad!

(the wedding ring makes it even hotter)

Posted by: Jordan | Dec 10, 2007 11:42:49 AM

5. Some of y'all don't like him, but I do. He aint pretty like Marcus Patrick or Mario Lopez, but he's a little rough and sexy. Hell, a little micegenation aint gonna' kill you, unless the white trade is skin head..I didn't think of that. Well, nevermind.

And he must know that he has a big gay following. Why else would he pose like that? There's something about him I like...no not just the front of the jockey shorts--he's got "trade magnetism". Maybe it's just the lighting and photography. I like him.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 10, 2007 11:43:53 AM

6. Now, that's airbrushing done right.

Posted by: Steven. | Dec 10, 2007 11:49:37 AM

7. Wait until he opens his mouth. And we all thought that you had to be butch to play sports. He sounds like a girl.

Posted by: daveb | Dec 10, 2007 11:50:49 AM

8. It looks like he's wearing a cup.

Posted by: Michael | Dec 10, 2007 12:00:08 PM

9. Looks like Becks decided it was going to be a two-sock night. Damn sensual, until he opens his mouth (to talk, anyway), but he's wearing more padding than a $25.00 hustler.

Posted by: rudy | Dec 10, 2007 12:00:26 PM

10. Wow look at the abs they painted on him!

Posted by: JLS | Dec 10, 2007 12:00:52 PM

11. The Beckhams hold the world’s records for male and female sphincter clenching. Don’t they both always look constipated? They employee a PR firm that gets images of them published daily in world media. They never really speak to the press because they are both dumber than boxes of rocks.
    That particular photo hides most of David’s hideous white trash tattoos while using digital enhancement to hide his multitude of physical flaws. Seeing him in person is usually a big let down he dresses like a suburban teenager and stands just a hair over 5 feet tall. (We represent the lollipop guild?)

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 10, 2007 12:01:55 PM

12. Underwear with storage for socks. What a clever idea!

Posted by: howard | Dec 10, 2007 12:04:39 PM

13. Sour grapes! Sour grapes! Again, JORDAN and I are the only quee...gay guys who can appreciate a REAL man. Gay men are simply envious of the beastial sexual attraction of rough trade.

Y'all are exaggerating about the "sissy" voice, aren't you? Well, he doesn't have to open his mouth. I will. A little tacky, hunh?

"$25.00", Rudy? Well, as long as they're clean (not too funky) with most of their teeth--that's a bargain. But no crack or crystal meth, I mean it.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 10, 2007 12:18:12 PM

14. ooooooo babeeee, now THAT i like. have to admit he never did much for me, but i'm slapping this pix on a red 7-day candle for one hell of a love spell, come to me babee, come to meeeeee, god i'd love to bury myself between those powerful thighs and rub my face on that bulging crotch redolent with animal musk... oh god, oh god...oh god...

Posted by: the queen | Dec 10, 2007 12:27:09 PM

15. Yawn.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Dec 10, 2007 12:31:50 PM

16. Look up stuffed in the dictionary, there will be a copy of this photo!!
    Becks wishes, Posh too!!

Posted by: bob | Dec 10, 2007 12:54:21 PM

17. Emporio Armani is a mediocre label, doesn't matter who they get to model the underwear.

Posted by: A.J. | Dec 10, 2007 1:05:18 PM

18. Y'all are some harsh bitches today... like any of you would turn him down... lol...

I think he's quite fetching.

Posted by: Brian | Dec 10, 2007 1:24:01 PM

19. Beckham and his sour looking wife are so overexposed and tiresome that no amount of skin and "sexy" poses are going to get me interested in them. They are total publicity whores and bores to boot.

Posted by: Matt | Dec 10, 2007 1:27:32 PM

20. Nothing like photoshoping all those God-awful tattoos off.

Posted by: Rad | Dec 10, 2007 1:27:44 PM

21. Breathtakingly gorgeous. Who cares if he's dumb? I'm never going to get a chance to talk with him, but there will be plenty of opportunities to look. And sigh.

Posted by: Seattle | Dec 10, 2007 1:45:33 PM

22. I can't explain it, but I do love Becks. And photos like this one keep me a fan. Woof!

Posted by: Jonathon | Dec 10, 2007 1:52:39 PM

23. Becks bore me to death but he looks good in this photo(shopped)! Give credit where credit is due, folks!

Posted by: Shabaka | Dec 10, 2007 2:43:42 PM

24. I think Becks is handsome as an athlete. That being said, they should have portrayed him in that light, not as a model (which he is not, despite what his press would have you believe). This picture is so airbrushed, and his crotch is so stuffed it's ridiculous!

Armani, take your cues from Dolce & Gabbana - if you're going to use sports figures in your ads, make them look like athletes!

Posted by: A | Dec 10, 2007 2:49:49 PM

25. ALL beans and no frank!

Posted by: Jake | Dec 10, 2007 2:55:33 PM