Bill Donohue | Catholic Church | Kathy Griffin | News | Television

Kathy Griffin Rips Catholic League's Bill Donohue a New One

[[SPOILERS - if you've still got Kathy Griffin's Straight to Hell on your DVR waiting to be watched, you may want to skip this segment.]]

In a new one-hour special, Kathy Griffin reenacts her "Suck it Jesus" moment and talks about her critics, specifically the Catholic League nut/publicity whore Bill Donohue, and puts him in his place.

Donohue last reared his ugly head during the controversy surrounding Miller Lite's sponsorship of the Folsom Street Fair.

AFTER THE JUMP, Griffin takes on Larry Craig and Paris Hilton in two more clips from Straight to Hell.

Comments

1. J'adore Kathy Griffin.

Posted by: Brian | Dec 3, 2007 9:55:39 AM

2. Parts of it were pure gold... but did anyone else think this special was a little, well, lacking? I didn't laugh as more nor gasp quite as hard. I think part of it is that she definitely is NOT d-list anymore so I more or less expect her to meet and greet these people. I guess I was just hoping for a little more.

Analyzing Kathy Griffin makes Monday morning scrumptious.

Posted by: David | Dec 3, 2007 10:14:09 AM

3. i love her too, she's my favorite comedian, her and mario cantone, and no i did not think the show was lacking, it was brilliant, thank you.

Posted by: the queen | Dec 3, 2007 10:19:19 AM

4. i love her too, she's my favorite comedian, her and mario cantone, and no i did not think the show was lacking, it was brilliant, thank you.

Posted by: the queen | Dec 3, 2007 10:19:41 AM

5. I spent 1 3/4 hilarious hours yesterday afternoon at Kathy's concert in Palm Springs. She started off by slyly saying, "I'm going to tell you the s**t they wouldn't show on Bravo." Great!! Interesting that there was no repeat material from her Bravo special four days earlier.

Posted by: Jack Scribe | Dec 3, 2007 10:23:32 AM

6. What a great way to start me week!

I am loving Kathy more and more each day!

Posted by: Rad | Dec 3, 2007 10:59:47 AM

7. i haven't watched the bravo special yet. was waiting until after we saw her on stage last night in palm desert.

i've gotta say she was funny as hell, as usual. she's really got a bug up her ass over marie osmond which was truly hilarious. and she talked A LOT about her new BF which was interesting.

i've seen her a couple of times before in person as well as all the TV stuff. i've got to say that last night she seemed really calm and confident. normally she's kind of sketchy and manic and seeming to try a little bit too hard at times. she seemd really comfortable in her skin last night. i liked it.

when woz wanted her to come to SF but refused to send a plane for her she replied, "no plane. no pussy." that's our girl!

Posted by: psgoodguy | Dec 3, 2007 12:31:16 PM

8. anyone feeling that the show was lacking something might be on the nose a little. while the fiance and i were cackling and guffawing during the 1 hour special, we also noticed it seemed truncated a bit. i think we got what was probaly an hour and half show boiled down to 40 minutes to air on bravo with ads. aside from that it was pure gold.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 3, 2007 3:01:48 PM

9. Ah, the magic of Bravo... editing was exactly what happened. I'll never figure out why "shit, fuck" and the rest of the censored words are taken out when "goddamn, asshole" and the like are left in. What's the diff? Yes, I'd imagine the show had to be longer, she normally does about 2 hours with a break in the middle. I saw her in Indy fresh from her tour in the middle east with soldiers and she had everyone busting a gut. Leave it to Bravo to tame her down and edit out the juice. Still, all in all, a nice little morsel from cable-land! Where can we purchase "Kathy, Live and Uncut"???

Posted by: westguy | Dec 3, 2007 4:24:48 PM

10. I agree - why doesn't Bravo release the D-Lis series or one of her specials uncut/unrated?

I laugh my ass off watching her. My partner doesn't get her though ... I question his gayness at time.

Posted by: John | Dec 3, 2007 6:51:59 PM

11. "...don't pull your catholic kidf*cker bullshit with me, motherf*cker"

that's Kathy givin' it right back to them about glass houses...

Posted by: dc10001 | Dec 8, 2007 11:44:57 PM