ABBA | Christmas | George W. Bush | Hillary Clinton | Music | Music Video | News | Rhydian Roberts | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #209

HILLARY CLINTON: A new Iowa spot - "New Beginning".

TELECOM IMMUNITY: New Courage Campaign spot on upcoming FISA vote featuring Bradley Whitford.

CHIQUITITA: A bit of ABBA cheer for your holiday season.

RHYDIAN: His latest X-Factor performance, "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here

Comments

1. The guy on keyboards has a look on his face that seems to say "I know, I know!! It's absolute shit, but hey, the girls wanted to sing and I'm gonna have millions of dollars in the bank this time next year, so hey!"

And what's with the guy wandering around in the back? Is he giving a prostate exam to the snowman?

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 10, 2007 5:05:58 PM

2. Obama has just jumped ahead in SC

Iowa Obama ahead
    NH tied
    SC Obama has just jumped ahead

The first 3 early primaries

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Dec 10, 2007 5:09:53 PM

3. Obama has just.... and has still not apologized for refusing to condemn the gay bashing Donnie McClurkin, star of the Obama Gospel Train [whom he met through Oprah].

Will still vote for him if he gets nomination but....

Posted by: Leland Frances | Dec 10, 2007 5:27:14 PM

4. I agree that the donnie denial thing was and is a HUGE f up.

He is not my first choice, heck not even my 2nd

1-Kucinich
    2-Gore
    3-Edwards
    4-Obama
    5- never hillary

But, I will gladly support him if he gets the nomination which it looks like he very well will. The early primaries are key

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Dec 10, 2007 5:32:31 PM

5. That Abba video is like an interdimensional window into what pop culture would have generally been like had the Nazis won.

Posted by: Miles | Dec 10, 2007 5:35:24 PM

6. I love the Hillary ad, well done. I'll vote for Obama if he gets the nomination but I can't help but seem him as lacking in substance.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 10, 2007 5:45:26 PM

7. Rhydian has the perfect voice to sing that song. I also thought he did a great job.

Posted by: Travis | Dec 10, 2007 5:59:04 PM

8. Pshaw, Rhydian was crap compared to when Clay Aiken sang 'Bridge Over Troubled Water 'on AIdol. Go on, someone find THAT youtube video.

Posted by: jake | Dec 10, 2007 6:42:47 PM

9. I loves me some ABBA and Chiquitita is one of their best songs.

Posted by: agnetha and annafried | Dec 10, 2007 7:50:51 PM

10. OK, I know it's a lot less important than Hillary Clinton and especially the FISA vote, but I want to point out, all of the profits from the song Chiquitita went directly to UNICEF, and it was the top grossing song off the ABBA album it was on. So, even though it's kinda uncool and old, it's pretty sweet as a concept of giving. Also, ABBA rules.

Posted by: Andy | Dec 11, 2007 12:16:20 AM

11. Jake, I like Clay's singing and thought his version was quite good, however, I think Anthony Callea does the best rendition of BOTW.

Posted by: RJ | Dec 11, 2007 2:42:57 AM

12. I adore Abba and could almost go straight for Agnetha. The girls harmonies were beautiful.

Posted by: sam | Dec 11, 2007 10:07:21 AM

13. That one ABBA clip just blasts that X-Factor or American Idol horseshit or whatever it is out of the water!

Posted by: virgoboy | Dec 11, 2007 10:17:11 AM

14. Virgoboy, apparently you don't know that ABBA more or less launched their careers by competing several times in, and eventually winning, the Eurovision Song Contest - yet another cheesy talent competition show like Idol and X-Factor.

Posted by: RJ | Dec 12, 2007 1:50:36 AM

15. I must say Rhydian's version of BOTW is the best I've ever heard.
    His voice is absolutely magnificent, his performance full of the emotions and he is sexy as a hell....
    Brilliant performance by any standard.
    We have been looking at the future superstar!
    Mark my words!