Connecticut | George W. Bush | Kiss | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Bush Kiss: Man on Man Action at the State of the Union

Sotu1

I don't know what Bush whispered in the ear of Rep. Christopher Shays (R-CT), but it had to be good.

Sotu2

Because a kiss was delivered in exchange. Somebody was good to Connecticut this year.

Sotu3

Video of this don't ask, don't tell moment, below on the left. And if you'll remember, it's not the first time that Connecticut has received special treatment from #43 at the State of the Union. Joe Lieberman got it in 2006 (below, right).

And now for something a bit more serious, a few State of the Union resources, including texts of the Democratic candidates' responses, the full text of Bush's speech, and a point-by-point analysis from Think Progress:

Full TEXT of Bush's State of the Union address here.
Think Progress has an excellent line-up of posts which compare his State of the Union speech to actual facts about his presidency. You can read them here.
The official Democratic response to the SOTU, delivered by Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius, can be read here.
Barack Obama's response is in the video clip you see here. TEXT here.
Here's Hillary Clinton's response to the SOTU.
John Edwards' response is here.

Comments

1. Ah, forbidden fruit. There's nothing like the thrill of kissing a man from a bright blue state. Except maybe having it simul-cast on every channel.

Earlier in the day, Hillary was here in CT getting heckled by middle school students for being too conservative.

Posted by: BZ | Jan 29, 2008 8:32:34 AM

2. FINALLY!! The republicans are taking it out of the restroom!!!! No more hiding for them. They are here, they are queer, please please, don't vote for them!

Posted by: fifi | Jan 29, 2008 8:58:49 AM

3. Bush let the banks "run amuck" and took down our economy? Come on Barack!

The banks got greedy, gave loans to people that should NEVER had gotten them and are facing the firing squad. If you think freezing interest rates and keeping people in their homes when they clearly cannot afford them is the solution then YOU have not real economic stimulous package for America!!!

I am trying to find a reason to support him as I am increasingly worried that he or Hillary will win, but he is not experienced enough and his response to SOTU proves it! In my opinion.

And in regards to Iraq, Barack you did NOT oppose the war from the start! You voting record mirrors Hillary's on the war and you did not vote against the war!!!

Posted by: RB | Jan 29, 2008 9:11:26 AM

4. I watched this bit last night and had to rewind several times because I couldn't believe what I saw. (And in glorious HD because Terminator got rearranged for this crap and I so we TiVo'd this.)

However, I did not know who it was. Thanks for clearing that up.

What is it about those sexy Nutmeg state men?

Posted by: tjc | Jan 29, 2008 10:28:02 AM

5. "I am increasingly worried that he or Hillary will win"

We really WANT to take the high road, RB, and assume that you worry that they will win rather than the last Dem standing, however wobbly, John Edwards.

IF you mean, instead, you worry that either Barack or Hillary will win rather than ANY Republican running, then I pray for your soul. From their varying degrees of homohatred to their varying degrees of masturbation through militarism, there's not a Republican running who will not either try their best to drag America back to the 50s or toward nuclear Armageddon.

Let no one delude themselves that all that is wrong with the Republican Party in 2008 will all be made right the day George Bush fils leaves the White House. He is not the cause, he is merely a symptom of the disease that, while it had other antecedents, began to spread with Barry Goldwater [whom, yes, a very young Hillary AND Harvey Milk once supported]. He is rightly touted for having softened some of his demagoguery in his own age, particularly in relation to gays. But the homegrown fascistic philosophy he spawned mated with religious fascism and the various "Rosemary's Babies" that resulted such as George Bush and Karl Rove and the troglodytes who will remain in Congress and in control of the GOP after they're gone must have an opposition. And McCain, still trying to win the Vietnam War, Romney, Giuliani, Huckabee, et al., remain eager perpetuators of the problem not the solution.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Jan 29, 2008 11:16:03 AM

6. It's a Yale secret society thing.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jan 29, 2008 11:52:57 AM

7. Man on man action? In this instance, more like troll on twit...

Posted by: Pitbull | Jan 29, 2008 11:00:22 PM

8. I threw up in my mouth a little bit. The thought of his leathery evil lips touching the face of another human being disgusts me. I will never be able to kiss my grandmother again. Oh... she's dead. Well then I will never be able to kiss my father again...he's dead too.

Sex will never be the same...oh who am I kidding. Nothing could ruin sex for me.

Posted by: hamybear | Jan 31, 2008 6:17:26 PM