Diane Lane | Film | Josh Brolin | News

BigGayDeal.com

Diane Lane: Gay Men Lust for My Husband Josh Brolin

The Advocate's Brandon Voss attempts to quiz Diane Lane about her "big gay following" and, because she doesn't really have one or isn't aware of it, they end up talking about the gay men that are hot for her husband.

Says Lane: "I’m delighted to hear that [I have a gay fan base], but I have to say I’m more aware of my husband’s. That appeal? I understand it. But I think I turn a blind eye to my own because I get embarrassed or I’m shy or I don’t take compliments well. I can’t speak for [Josh], but I know that there are plenty of guys that I’ve been around who have expressed if not glee for me, then envy of me...I was blessed to have no previous impressions of him aside from meeting him, which is a much healthier way to start a relationship. I finally saw Goonies after we had already been together for, like, a year. Then I became jealous that I didn’t meet him when I was 15 and got very upset over anybody he knew before me -- ever. [If I had known how great he was earlier in life] I’d have hunted him down with a harpoon and lassoed him to my thigh for the rest of my life. No questions, hands down -- he’s worth 10 of any other comparable hot guy for me. And that works for me because I get excited every time I go home."

Anyway, the trailer for Lane's new movie Untraceable, which kind of looks like a Silence of the Lambs for the internet set, is above. It comes out on January 25th.

Shots below from January GQ, and if you haven't seen No Country for Old Men, I highly recommend you get to the theater.

Joshbrolingq

Comments

1. Never heard of him. Is there going to be an Academy Awards Ceremony on TV this year? At first I thought I could live without them, but now I'm starting to have an attack of Deprived Mad Queen Disease.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 17, 2008 11:33:44 AM

2. The trailer for this film shows shirtless men in bondage being tortured. No female victims are shown. So, is the villain some gay guy who abducts men, strips them and tortures them?

Posted by: Hollywood Dave | Jan 17, 2008 11:37:02 AM

3. Derrick, it is understandable. Josh is James Brolin's (Mr Barbara Striesand) son from his first marriage. He did not inherit the Gay gene from Bab's did her birth son, Elliot.......This guy is str8. Please feel free to consult me with any Queenly issue. I have over 100 years of experience! GOD SAVED THIS QUEEN!!!

Posted by: Mary, Really Late Dowager Queen of the British Empire, Ireland, Empress of India, etc..... | Jan 17, 2008 11:49:50 AM

4. I'm ok that she knows this.

Posted by: Sean | Jan 17, 2008 12:10:21 PM

5. I have not squirmed so much in a movie like I did in "No Country For Old Men" in a very very long time. The movie was great and deserves to be nominated for best picture.

Three very different men, drawn to the same situation, coming closer and closer together through a series of horrible events---movie making at its best.

Posted by: Derek | Jan 17, 2008 12:12:41 PM

6. BTW Mary, Elliot was Ms. Streisand's first husband. Her gay son is Jason.

I realize that age slows one's cognitive abilities, and 100 years of experience is a very long time. But incorrect Babs info on a site like this is...well...

Posted by: Sean | Jan 17, 2008 12:16:13 PM

7. Oppsie....Guess I should not be having Gin Rickey's with my Daughter in Law, Liz and My Granddaughter Maggie Windsor so early in the morning..Yes the little Gould Fag's name IS Jason......and please confirm, his mother is responsible.

Posted by: Mary, Really Late Dowager Queen of the British Empire, Ireland, Empress of India, etc..... | Jan 17, 2008 3:54:12 PM

8. Wait a sec, if you're saying that Barbra is responsible for Jason being gay, does that mean we are all gay due to some outside force and we are not gay genetically? That almost sounds Rebuplicanistic. Not good :-(

Posted by: JeffNC | Jan 17, 2008 4:17:13 PM

9. See Brolin playing an amusing gay role in "Flirting with Disaster" (1996). The entire cast is fantastic: Mary Tyler Moore, George Segal, Lily Tomlin, Alan Alda, Ben Stiller, Patricia Arquette, Tea Leoni, Richard Jenkins.

Posted by: Mike | Jan 17, 2008 5:00:00 PM

10. Haven't seen this movie, but Josh is HOT. I bought GQ just cause of him. Diane is one lucky bitch.

Posted by: Jordan | Jan 17, 2008 7:15:16 PM

11. I've had the hots for him since seeing Flirting with Disaster. I went to see MTM but left with a new crush. Extra plus, he wore nipple rings. Yummm.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jan 17, 2008 7:59:52 PM

12. Josh is a hottie (and so is Diane Lane)!

I saw "UNTRACEABLE" a few weeks ago in London and I found the movie to be presented in a very authentic and sensible manor. It wasn't overly technical but it atleast "tried" to be reslistic. The film itself was very intense and suspenseful and reminded me of good thrillers like "SE7EN" and "SILENCE OF THE LAMBS". No... "UNTRACEABLE" won't win Oscars but it is a great thrillride with more tech savvy than almost any other Hollywoodland cyber-thriller. Recommended.

Posted by: kev | Jan 18, 2008 9:07:14 AM