Democratic Party | Election 2008 | Hillary Clinton | Iowa | News

BigGayDeal.com

Hillary Clinton Message to Air Across Iowa at 6 PM

Hillary Clinton will blanket the Iowa airwaves tonight with a last minute message just as the state sits down to watch the evening news. Clinton purchased two minutes of air time on every media market in the state.

Comments

1. in the midwest, the news is at 5pm. this will be perfect placement, as the iowans will just have gotten their daily dose of news about violence across the world.

Posted by: brian | Jan 2, 2008 12:38:03 PM

2. Nice. Very nice. The time is now. I want a woman President, and I want it to be Hillary.

Posted by: Rick Roberts | Jan 2, 2008 12:48:28 PM

3. I will not vote for someone just because of their gender or race and if that is your sole criteria that's scary. Hillary is not the centrist her husband was and many of her views scare me. Obama is the only democratic candidate that even remotely matches my political views (there are non on the republican side). If she ends up headlining the ticket then I'll leave the president spot blank on my ballot this time around.

Posted by: yoshi | Jan 2, 2008 1:01:20 PM

4. Too bad she isn't going to win Iowa.

Her goal now is to come in 2nd. 3rd place would be devestating

Recent polls show edwards surging to first, Obama in First, and Hillary in first in a few

In other words a statistical dead heat tie is going on in iowa so it comes down to ground game.

Edwards has the feet on the ground from years of campaigning in Iowa

Obama has the passionate people who will brave hell or high water to get to their caucusing places

Hillary has money, but the best case scenario is that Hillary bush clinton, repub lite will only be able to buy 2nd place in Iowa.

Posted by: Jimmymcboyo | Jan 2, 2008 2:10:10 PM

5. In a world full of greys, the concept of the lesser of two evils still needs to be respected.

I don't like the political system as it is but I know full well any of my omissions or voting for a 3rd party candidate is basically just throwing my vote away. (Yes, Nader supporters - your self-satisfaction took years off of the fight for our rights and ended up tarnishing the reputation of our great country for an as-of-yet-unknown period of time.)

If my first choice doesn't win the primary, I won't be taking my ball and going home. I'll just vote for the person who most closely represents my beliefs.

And Yoshi has already (smartly) confirmed that none of the Republicans is filling that slot. What is so hard?

Posted by: Rey | Jan 2, 2008 2:17:05 PM

6. I think this is a great ad because up until now, Hillary has not enunciated exactly WHY she wants to be president. She is certainly qualified, but she has allowed her detractors to painter has a tragic Lady Macbeth, which is just silly.

If Edwards wins Iowa, it is a win for Hillary because he's bet the farm (ha!) on Iowa, and he has no money or staff anywhere else. Obama will look bad if he comes in second.

Posted by: Nick | Jan 2, 2008 2:19:47 PM

7. Rey

What election did nader loose for the dems?

2000 had Gore winning the popular vote and the supreme court + Bushco shenanigans rigging that one. Nader made no differnece there since the fix was already planned for by bushco.

2004 had Kerry the dullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ever poll loosing his own election. Ever watch paint dry? Kerry was more boring than that. Nader had nothing to do with Kerry's loss especialy when one factors in ohio voting shenangians that kerry the boring didn't have the balls to contest and have investigated.

I have never voted Nader in my life, but I can't sit by and let you spout off about nader when the a combo fo dem lack of balls and bushco shenanigans is what has been the problem in the past.

On the lesser of 2 evils......BS! demand better/ more. You , the earth, america, and the future deserve better that 1 half step left of right = the clintons.

------------------------------------------

Nick, how is hillary qualified?

She decorated the white house? the standard job of all presidential woves.

She lost big time on the one presidential policy she tried to implement = healthcare

She won a NY senate seat by buying off people and not debating her oponent. NY the only place in america she could get a senate seat at the time.

Her current campaign has had more financial scandals than any other as well as having to force top paid staff out (4-5 so far) over controversies (pushing racism about Obama just to win)= complete incompetence in running a small campaign as compared to running a country

Edwards has invested a lot of time in Iowa, but also NH and some in SC. All his money? Nope, sorry. how the primary system works is you need money for the early states and that is about it....iowa, NH, SC, and also nevada. Then super tuesday hits and it all goes to the clear winner from the early primaries.

Edwards taking public financing over corporate bribes (hilalry) is only for the primaries. The general starts the fund raising all over without the current limit on public matching funds. If he comes out a winner in at least 3 out of 4 of the earlies then he will easily win super tuesday and easily have enough money in the general election.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jan 2, 2008 2:57:38 PM

8. JIMMYBOYO...if Nader had not been in the mix in 2000, more votes in Florida (and other states) would have gone to Al Gore. This would have insured a decisive Gore victory and kept the U.S. Supreme Court from being able to decide the election.

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 2, 2008 3:43:30 PM

9. OBAMA is charismatic. He is likable. He is well spoken. NONE of these things should matter at all when Americans vote for president. Unfortunately they seem to be the most important factors. This is why we got stuck with that "likable" guy people wanted to have a beer with, for the last 8 years.

Obama is an inexperienced fool who is pandering to religious nuts in the south. Aligning himself with a virulently homophobic preacher and refusing to disinvite him from his tour should be a deal breaker for all self respecting gay people.

Posted by: ReasonBased | Jan 2, 2008 4:26:10 PM

10. Jimmyboyo - I can't get past your intentional obfuscation of the 2000 debacle to even continue reading the rest of your post. Either you are tragically naive, a professional contrarian, or you actually did vote for Nader and have blocked it and all other memories since 2000 from your brain.

Not that I would begrudge you for that, of course...

Posted by: Rey | Jan 2, 2008 4:58:18 PM

11. Rey

Who won the popular vote in 2000?

GORE by 500,000+ votes

What happened in florida?

Bushco shenanigans. African American voters disenfranchised in vast numbers, a supreme court who refused to allow a proper recount, etc.

Were you awake during the 2000 election process?

When was Nader in Florida working for Bushco? When did Nader become a supreme court judge?

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 2, 2008 5:48:47 PM

12. time for a change? how about no bush no clinton.

Posted by: rew | Jan 2, 2008 5:49:11 PM

13. PS Rey

I am big enough to admit that in the 2000 election, I votyed bush. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I was a confused (still confused and crazy) bible thumping wackadoo republican.

May america and the future forgive me, but I in no way voted nader. I admit it, I voted bush.. SORRY ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jan 2, 2008 5:51:33 PM

14. OK, Jimmyboyo. It's becoming clearer and clearer.

And sorry - this wasn't going to become personal, but I cannot let your attempted slam at me pass ("were you awake during the 2000 election process?"). I could have let it slide along with the other dubious facts you've posted, but after seeing you admit to having voted for W. Bush, I'll bid you 'good day' and hope you continue to grow and evolve.

Posted by: Rey | Jan 2, 2008 6:47:56 PM

15. rey

Is thy name hypocrite?

"attempted slam"

Calling someone naive and saying that they are having memory probloems is exactly what you just pontificated against.

answer please

How did nader orchestrate bushco shenanigans in florida?

thanks

Watch out for that hypocricy problem of yours.

Peace and good cheer to you

hopefully you will evolve beyond being a hypocrite

;-)

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jan 2, 2008 7:19:46 PM

16. I would only be a hypocrite if I pretended to be offended at your "slam"; I was just going to let it pass as it and much of your postings are almost nonsensical.

Will you please type one last thing so you can pretend to have the last word? It might make you sleep tonight thinking you've bested somebody.

Posted by: Rey | Jan 2, 2008 7:28:26 PM

17. Rey, I will give the last word to you because you are just pointing out your own faults.

The last word to actualy answer the question with some facts like how Nader worked for Bush in Florida and or how Nader was a supreme court judge

Peace be with you