Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | News | Novak Djokovic | Roger Federer | Sports | Tennis

Novak Djokovic Upsets Roger Federer to Head into Aussie Open Final

Djokovic

Serb Novak Djokovic pounced on Roger Federer last night in straight sets (7-5, 6-3, 7-6 ) to upset the world #1 and head into the Australian Open final against yesterdays' upset winner Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Like Tsonga, Djokovic did not deny the crowd a display of shirtless bravado.

Djokovic2 Djokovic3

Djokovic6

Three more shots AFTER THE JUMP...

Djokovic4 Djokovic5

Djokovic1

Previously
Sportrait: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [tr]
It's Hot in Melbourne [tr]
Martina Navratilova on Gay Men in Tennis [tr]
Terra Cotta Tennis Warriors Unveiled in Shanghai: Federer, Nadal, Davydenko, Djokovic, Roddick, Ferrer, Gonzalez, Gasquet [tr]

Comments

1. I was so happy when I heard he had won, hope he wins. Not only is he cute, but his impressions kill me every time I watch them.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jan 25, 2008 8:19:07 AM

2. the defeats of federer and nadal were stunning. novak is a real cutie, though.

Posted by: nic | Jan 25, 2008 8:28:07 AM

3. He is so adorkable. I would tie him to the bed posts.

Posted by: David | Jan 25, 2008 8:40:13 AM

4. thank you Towelroad for your continuing sports coverage (and great high-def pics).

Posted by: NIL | Jan 25, 2008 9:33:24 AM

5. Truly an upset, I was sure Federer would take it all(again)..good for Djokovic, he's hot

Posted by: Davey | Jan 25, 2008 9:48:58 AM

6. While, I do prefer that Roger wins every major, mainly because of the beauty of his game, sexy Nole always worth it when he rips off that shirt and, shows, that hot sexy bod!

Good luck in the finals!!

Posted by: Sebastian | Jan 25, 2008 9:59:02 AM

7. AAHHH! I haven't seen it yet, you totally spoiled it for me!!! Couldn't you have posted this AFTER it was shown at a reasonable hour on ESPN2?

Posted by: jake | Jan 25, 2008 12:11:01 PM

8. I totally sagree with Jake.....why wasnt this posted AFTER it sis shown in the states at a reasonable hour...totally ruined and upsetting...i stay away from all internet sports purposely and did not expect that on here already...thanks a lot...NOT!!!

Posted by: John | Jan 25, 2008 12:52:06 PM

9. not a sports fan at all ... but he is a total cutie. maybe dare i say, even cuter than A-Rod. hmmm. ^_^

Posted by: Scott | Jan 25, 2008 3:53:20 PM

10. I love that guy. So fucking cute AND talented.

Posted by: Martin | Jan 25, 2008 5:12:30 PM

11. Bravo Noleee :-) To je moj drug :-)

Serbia is proud on u !! Not just on u, on Ana Ivanovic and Nenad Zimonjic too !

Such a small country and 3 players in 3 finals:-) woman, man and mix double :-)

SERBIAN OPEN :-)

Posted by: mina | Jan 25, 2008 5:33:41 PM

12. i would kiss his fuzzy (tennis) balls before the final for luck, and lick them after to congratulate him or console him.

Posted by: nic | Jan 26, 2008 2:37:13 PM