Brady Quinn | Election 2008 | News

Brady Quinn: Celebrate the One Thing That Makes America Great

Well, one of the things. Vote!

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the gay and lesbian vote is officially split:

"When it comes to their positions on gay rights issues, Clinton and Obama favor overturning the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy that prohibits openly gay men and lesbians from serving in the military, and both back federal anti-discrimination protections for homosexuals. The two candidates support civil unions or similar legal recognition for same-sex couples, but stop short of backing same-sex marriage. Yet it appears that the issue motivating gay and lesbian Democrats to vote for one candidate or the other isn't gay rights; it's who they believe has the best chance of returning a Democrat to the White House, said Kenneth Sherrill, a Hunter College political scientist and an expert on gay politics. 'People are most concerned about the crazy war and that the economy is in the tank,' Sherrill said. 'That's what's driving people this election.'"

Get to the polls!

Comments

1. I vote to MAKE THE POP-UNDER GO AWAY!!!!

Posted by: KevinVT | Feb 5, 2008 10:42:32 AM

2. The Right will never stand for another Clinton presidency.

Hillary's not electable! Vote Obama!

Posted by: John | Feb 5, 2008 3:33:03 PM

3. it would REALLY help if Brady was naked...

Posted by: James P | Feb 5, 2008 7:04:25 PM

4. I second that James P. All in favor of Brady Quinn being naked, say Aye. Aye!

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Feb 5, 2008 9:04:43 PM

5. Can you tell me the source of the following statement that is attributed to me? "Brady Quinn: Celebrate the One Thing That Makes America Great
    By Andy
    Yet it appears that the issue motivating gay and lesbian Democrats to vote for one candidate or the other isn't gay rights; it's who they believe has the best chance of returning a Democrat to the White House, said Kenneth Sherrill, ..." Perhaps Google cut out what I actualy said, but following their link I can't any direct quote. I have said that ending the war and dealing with the economy are more important to LGBT voters That's what my research shows. I haven't said anything about winnability.

Ken Sherrill

Posted by: Kenneth Sherrill | Feb 6, 2008 10:42:19 AM

6. Aye!

Posted by: billyo | Feb 6, 2008 11:59:17 PM

7. Forget about Hillary and Obama, Democrats.

Brady Quinn can win Ohio!

Don't you get it, he's electable!

Posted by: John | Feb 7, 2008 12:41:30 AM