Fashion Men | Magazines | News | Russia | Tom Ford

Tom Ford Does GQ Russia

Tomford_russia

Russia is treated to the brooding gaze and meticulously groomed body hair of Tom Ford courtesy of the March issue of GQ Russia. Catch a rare glimpse of his hirsuteness wearing color.

In other news from the towel-snapping would-be film director, his menswear collection went on sale in the UK for the first time at Harrod's in London this week, and Erykah Badu has been named as the face of his new fragrance.

Previously
Tom Ford Explores His Foot Fetish [tr]
Tom Ford to Direct Adaptation of Gay Isherwood Novel? [tr]
Tom Ford: "I'm an Equal Opportunity Objectifier" [tr]
Tom Ford is a Towel Snapper [tr]
Tom Ford Unenthused Over Jungle Red Hand Job [tr]

Comments

1. God, the exact same smirk, the exact same shirt open to the same button and the same manicured chest hair. Go away, Tom!

Posted by: Roscoe | Feb 28, 2008 10:06:40 AM

2. Yeah, he's slimy and pompous and predictable and overexposed, but damn he just ooooozes sex. Woof.

Posted by: Matt | Feb 28, 2008 10:18:29 AM

3. Yawn! This self-absorbed moron again? With all the beautiful and varied men in the world this vacuous wanna-be film director, etc. is the best they could come up with?

Posted by: Funbud | Feb 28, 2008 10:18:34 AM

4. Predictable comments of how boring and how vapid Tom Ford is yet so many here on Towleroad are smitten with Brady Quinn, David Beckham, Tom Brady, Chad White and other straight men. By the way, these fore mentioned men are constantly in the same pose with the same background of their pics. Yet they receive constant praise and endless admiration from gay men but not Tom Ford.

Here are a few quotes to consider:

Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people.”

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Being gay is not an identity' that's the bottom line. It's a sideline. But through no one's fault and everybody's fault, it's become a subject for identity, so you run away from mainstream culture into a kind of offbeat culture, and then the offbeat culture becomes a little mainstream culture of its own - just as brutal, actually, as the culture you thought you were leaving behind."

Rupert Everett

Posted by: Charles | Feb 28, 2008 10:36:47 AM

5. Gee, thanks for setting us all on the proper path to good and decent non-hypocritical behavior, Chuckieboy. I feel so much nobler now that I've had Eleanor Roosevelt quoted at me.

Posted by: Roscoe | Feb 28, 2008 10:48:55 AM

6. You are most welcome Roscoe; one of the hardest things to do is to act mature, kind and with some class when no one can see you. This is especially true on the internet.

Posted by: Charles | Feb 28, 2008 11:14:44 AM

7. Well, I for one am glad someone's called him on the groomed chest hair. As a shave fetishist, I always thought it was hypocritical that Ford was quoted as not liking guys who shave down. We all know he probably not only trims his chest hair, he probably has it dyed as well.

Posted by: Nick | Feb 28, 2008 11:20:09 AM

8. the new russian money "class" is the ideal market for such transparent smarmy crude crud.

Posted by: A.J. | Feb 28, 2008 11:23:30 AM

9. What’s with the crossed eyes and the Cro-Magnon forehead? PS I don’t like "straight" guys they're too girlie in bed.

Posted by: ggreen | Feb 28, 2008 11:30:03 AM

10. Yawn. Are we still talking about this man?

To quote Ms. Jackson, "What have you done for me lately?".

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Feb 28, 2008 11:53:28 AM

11. Here's an idea for you. How about Tom Ford sticks to making fragrance, $500.00 sunglasses and other luxury items from his "bespoke". Leave the covers to the kids on "Make me a Supermodel.

Posted by: KeNYC | Feb 28, 2008 12:35:59 PM

12. Tom Ford is really creepy looking.

Posted by: yug, yug, yug | Feb 28, 2008 12:47:21 PM

13. If there is going to be news coverage of gay role models, can't they at least be positive role models and not the dregs of our community…Tom is just icky and weird.

Posted by: Bojo | Feb 28, 2008 1:14:58 PM

14. That is one cross-eyed mofo, I tell you what.

Posted by: Jeff | Feb 28, 2008 1:46:31 PM

15. The problem is not that Tom Ford is "creepy looking" (in the opinion of many) but that he is creepy acting (in my opinion). I have seen him abuse the "hired help" for sport. He treats those he believes beneath him (almost everyone else) with undisguised disdain. He is one of the worst and most obvious "scanners" I have ever seen. That is, he scans every room he enters for the few people that he will let address him and ignores everyone else. Actions, not words, are why Tom Ford deserves derision.

Posted by: rudy | Feb 28, 2008 2:21:51 PM

16. WOW the internet is clearly the place to come and find out the "truth". So many people have clear examples and real- life instances of these "celebrities" lives. Please do share the function that you attended with Tom Ford, date and name of the function please so we can verify. Even better maybe you can produce some pictures of this function and post them for us all to see. Come on guys this is nothing but the slinging of lies behind the invisible wall of the internet. The internet is the only place where everyone has a story about everyone else.

Am I defending Tom no because I do not know him, but let's stop these lame lies with no proof given it is sadder and creepier than supposedly Tom Ford is.

Posted by: Charles | Feb 28, 2008 3:02:49 PM

17. Never met the man, never read an interview with him, never liked his collections for Gucci and will be happy to never see his chest, groomed or otherwise, again.

Posted by: patrick | Feb 28, 2008 11:17:28 PM

18. I dont care whether Tom have hairs on a breast or not. Whats really matters that he is a very talented person. Like the cover. Green is his color.

Posted by: Alana | Feb 29, 2008 8:33:07 AM

19. Wow, I love David Beckham. handsome he is . And many of my bisexuals friend at http://www.bimingle.com are also his fans. He behaves in a very good way when it comes to football.

Posted by: joannavoe | Mar 3, 2008 3:38:57 AM

20. I'll give you an instance re: Tom Ford. I had the worst job of my life as a limo driver. The old school hollywood celebs (Carrie Fisher,Tippi Hedren,) and new "real" actors (Shemar Moore, George Clooney, matt Damon) were great! Linda Blair was a pleasure. Carrie Fisher was exactly what you wanted her to be from bitching about her late luggage to asking me if I had ever done ludes! Two groups were uniformly awful. Rappers (that midget worm that now screws Janet J and Busta Rhymes) were such dicks I actually had to tell off a couple of them.
    The absolute worst were the fashionistas. I actually had to tell several W staffers i had A NAME. One of them replied under her breath "well, driver is a lot better than boy", I'm black. When I saw Tom Fords name on my list of pickups I just had a bad feeling. Alot of limo drivers won't drive Whitney Houston and alot of those same drivers looked at me and laughed as I held up my sign at LAX.
    There was nothing funny at all for the next two hrs. He got off the plane on his cell phone complaining about the flight. He literally tossed his bag at me without even looking at me. He walked ahead of me and at baggage when i did what we all do which is ask do they want me to wait for their luggage or go get the car he glared at me and said into the phone "yeah, they sent anther Einstein for me". Sp i waited until he pointed at what i'm sure he thought was the chicest luggage for me to grab it. Never once did he look at me. Then on the curb I had to pay the porter because he didn't even imagine he should reach into his pocket for the tip. I went and got the car. he got into the backseat and said, "glad you were able to grab a cigarette break" I don't smoke so I can only assume he meant it took too long. Mind you he never got off the phone. We were stuck in traffic and he made several snide comments about the "type of people" who did my job. When we FINALLY got to his hotel he got out of the car without a word t me or the bellman.

so. anyone wh thinks he's a prick. Youre right.

Posted by: dw314 | Apr 17, 2008 11:18:35 PM