Art and Design | Madonna | Music | News

Does Madonna Now Want to be Known as 'M-Dolla'?

Mdolla

A closer inspection of the "Give it to Me" fighter's belt Madonna wears on the cover of her new opus Hard Candy reveals the word 'M-Dolla' inscribed in gold.

Is that her hip-hop name, like 'P Diddy', or just a nod to her favorite thing, the mighty dollar?

AFTER THE JUMP, Madonna's new Sunsilk commercial utilizing an instrumental version of the new single "4 Minutes" which Ellen DeGeneres took to town on her show today. A clip of that after the jump as well...

And here's some audio torture for you if you're up for it...

Comments

1. M-Dolla?

I said it before and I'll say it again. Tacky.

Posted by: Wes | Mar 18, 2008 12:04:58 PM

2. M-Dolla makes you Holla!!! Deal with it, bitches! The Vadge is back...bow down and worship the Queen!!!

Posted by: M | Mar 18, 2008 12:17:36 PM

3. the Sunsilk hair advert is really oily... esp in a M-dolla way.
    however, the new single isn't all that horrible, tho the lyrics are abysmal.
    she really should Garbo.

Posted by: A.J. | Mar 18, 2008 12:18:38 PM

4. You go Madge! Shoot, if i had three kids to put through college I would be selling my sh*t for shampoo too!

Posted by: Romo | Mar 18, 2008 12:42:15 PM

5. its not tacky its fun! everyone knows that when madge makes an album she totally immerses herself in it, and this album is obviously more hip hop. so just get into it and stop being a hater. only thing is, i wish it was ferosha m-dolla!

Posted by: sean | Mar 18, 2008 12:56:50 PM

6. I'll "get into it" if its any good, I just hope she's being satirical here.

Posted by: Wes | Mar 18, 2008 1:02:13 PM

7. Once again "M" rules! All you haters can suck it.

The new single will be burning the clubs up very soon and even be a hit with the hip hop scene cause of the killer beats.

Must suck to be so negative like many bitches around here are.

She's gonna laugh...all the way to the bank (yet again).

Posted by: Chad | Mar 18, 2008 1:19:09 PM

8. Hey I'm just being honest. I don't hate her. I just think she's tacky, flakey, and makes mediocre music. Sue me!

Posted by: Wes | Mar 18, 2008 1:25:04 PM

9. Holy Leaping Lizards of the Sacred Cities of Secular Syria! What IS it with you people? Madonna is just making an honest buck, like she has always done. Good great galloping ghosts of games long gone! Get ahold, girls and boys, get ahold of yourselves. Enjoy the gal for what she is, not what you dream her to be. Sacerdotal sacred sites of Sufism!, let the woman follow Kabbala kif kshe kwants kand kmake ka kshekel ktoo!

Posted by: Leducdor | Mar 18, 2008 1:32:07 PM

10. Madonna is a fighter. You don't get to her level of success without being one. I may be reading too much into it but I think the belt is a great metaphor for her.

Posted by: JJ | Mar 18, 2008 1:38:06 PM

11. Madonna is what all great camp is: deeply deeply superficial. Oscar Wilde is not spinning in his grave.... he's vogueing!

Posted by: Strepsi | Mar 18, 2008 2:46:30 PM

12. I hate the cover art but the tune rocks!

Posted by: Peter Rivendell | Mar 18, 2008 3:52:37 PM

13. she pulls it off. just barely.

as for the song, it's really not so bad, good even. really, the lyrics are even acceptable...by pop standards.

Posted by: becks | Mar 18, 2008 8:16:54 PM

14. ditto mr. rivendell. the art work is so BAD that it about put me off listening to the tune. the riff is very catchy - and for some odd reason the vocals aren't as half-assed as I feared. I fear how it's gonna sound come June in the clubs however - worn out and as tired as her spread legs on the cover.

"ray of light" was Madonna at a peak - fully alive, vital, in charge of her womanhood and the tune as a freaking call on the dance floor. this is good - but not a patch on that high point.

Posted by: resurrect | Mar 18, 2008 8:51:41 PM

15. Fuck y'all bitter bitches. Over analyzing pop culture. How dare you.. This kind of entertainment is skin deep, frivolous, and no need to make it more than that. She has my Dolla when it comes time to purchasing (a-hem downloading) Hard Candy. She rocks!

Posted by: Marius | Mar 19, 2008 4:43:22 PM