Clay Aiken | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Clay Aiken Cries from the Closet on QVC?

Aiken

Clay Aiken debuted his new CD on QVC Monday night and folks are buzzing that the song he performed, entitled 'The Real Me', was pretty much a cry for help from the closet.

The lyrics:

Foolish heart looks like we’re here again
Same old game of plastic smile
Don’t let anybody in
Hiding my heartache, will this glass house break
How much will they take before I’m empty
Do I let it show, does anybody know?

[Chorus:]
But you see the real me
Hiding in my skin, broken from within
Unveil me completely
I’m loosening my grasp
There’s no need to mask my frailty
Cause you see the real me

Painted on, life is behind a mask
Self-inflicted circus clown
I’m tired of the song and dance
Living a charade, always on parade…

The truth shall set you free! Watch the performance, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. such a pretty lady

Posted by: adam | Apr 30, 2008 11:37:25 AM

2. Golden Lion Tamarin? Google it.

Posted by: jh | Apr 30, 2008 11:43:45 AM

3. Ain't she a pretty lesbian??!!

Posted by: nikko | Apr 30, 2008 11:50:05 AM

4. Is that K.D. Lang?

Posted by: David | Apr 30, 2008 11:53:10 AM

5. No wonder 13-year-old girls luv him. He cribs their poetry. "Hiding behind this mask/No one sees the real me/Booooooooohooooooooooooo!"

Posted by: 24play | Apr 30, 2008 11:56:56 AM

6. I'd pay top dollar to hear her back that up with a booze-fueled rendition of Lush Life, complete with running eye liner.

Posted by: banjiboi | Apr 30, 2008 12:01:06 PM

7. JH: I had precisely the same thought! Check out the national zoo webcam: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/SmallMammals/default.cfm?cam=GLT

Posted by: scientitian | Apr 30, 2008 12:03:28 PM

8. You guys do know that Clay Aiken doesn't actually write his lyrics?

Posted by: crispy | Apr 30, 2008 12:08:07 PM

9. Didn't see the performance, never liked him, doubt I can....the song is not of his own lyrics, I've heard it sung by a real female, although I can't recall that factoid either...As a sometime singer myself, we are trained to emote the lyrics to make the song our own, perhaps in that respect " he doth protest too much," and the lyrics are more personal than even he realizes....

Posted by: Peter Vazquez | Apr 30, 2008 12:08:52 PM

10. Oh, HAHA!, I just looked on Wikipedia. That song is a Christian song that was originally performed by a contemporary Christian singer. He's singing to Jeebus about being born again, not sucking cock. I can see how the two might be confused.

Anyways, Clay Aiken is still a huge closet case. I for one can't wait until the Claymates show up here. They're delightful!

Posted by: crispy | Apr 30, 2008 12:14:05 PM

11. keep her away from warm baths and razorblades.

Posted by: b mac | Apr 30, 2008 12:14:52 PM

12. I didn't even know he wrote his own music.

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 30, 2008 12:19:21 PM

13. oh yes clay everyone does know

Posted by: QUEERUNITY | Apr 30, 2008 12:20:07 PM

14. Yup!! A cry for help!!

Posted by: Shabaka | Apr 30, 2008 12:24:03 PM

15. He is slowly turning into Cynthia Nixon.

Posted by: Britton | Apr 30, 2008 12:47:18 PM

16. Clay is not gay. He is not a lesbian. The song has nothing to do with a closet. You gays just leave him alone!

Beating the Claymates to the punch. ;-)

Posted by: Ernie | Apr 30, 2008 12:54:44 PM

17. LEAVE CLAY AIKEN ALONE!

Posted by: crispy | Apr 30, 2008 12:59:09 PM

18. SCIENTITIAN... Thanks! LOVING IT! (they are little golden balls of heaven!)

Posted by: jh | Apr 30, 2008 1:15:11 PM

19. Could he look more orange?

Posted by: David | Apr 30, 2008 1:22:51 PM

20. As someone who didn't come out until I was 25, I think cutting Clay some slack in the "coming out" department isn't such a bad thing. He really is just a kid. Further, given his treatment on sites such this, you might imagine that he fails to see all of your open arms.

I'm always the first one to jump on closet cases that have bad things to say about our community, and I don't really have a lot of patience for those closeted celebrities that are old enough to know better. But I think it is okay to give someone in their teens and early twenties some space to figure it out.

Posted by: Kyle Childress | Apr 30, 2008 1:28:00 PM

21. "He really is just a kid."

Clay Aiken is 29! And he's been busted on Manhunt multiple times.

Buy I'm so happy the crazy Claymates are making their way here. Welcome! Can I offer you a Vicodin?

Posted by: crispy | Apr 30, 2008 1:38:22 PM

22. I am Gay, and i happen to like Clay, and i love his voice.I will never say anything negetive about him. If he is gay, he will come out when he is ready to come out, and in his OWN way.

Posted by: SONNIE | Apr 30, 2008 1:41:20 PM

23. He's sorta an ugly David Bowie, eyeliner and all.

Posted by: anon | Apr 30, 2008 2:43:21 PM

24. He wasn't busted on manhunt. There are dozens of gays who think its fun to impersonate him on gay sites so they can force him out by embarrassing him. It isn't Clay you're talking to honey.

Posted by: Bogus | Apr 30, 2008 5:03:57 PM

25. Like Kyle I give closet cases a break--until they're 30. Clay's got about 6 months with me and we're finished.

Posted by: non | Apr 30, 2008 5:13:25 PM