California | Coachella | Ian Somerhalder | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lost in the Crowd: Ian Somerhalder Incognito at Coachella

Somerhalder1_2

Lost actor Ian Somerhalder showed up at the Coachella music festival dressed to impress.

Somerhalder was one of more than 150,000 people who showed up in the California desert to take in the ninth annual festival.

Sean Penn showed up there as well to announce his biodiesel trek across America in which he "plans to board a fleet of biodiesel buses and take about 300 people on an 1,800-mile trek across the U.S., ending in New Orleans." Said Penn: "I see this as a reckoning. My generation and those that came before have to recognize the numbing of incentive that we've passed on to the change hungry, imaginative, smarter than us youth of today."

But the act that everyone was talking about was Prince.

AFTER THE JUMP, one more shot of Somerhalder, as well as the song people are raving about — Prince's cover of Radiohead's "Creep".

Somerhalder2
(image source

Comments

1. My God, that boy's body is as tight as Joan River's face.

Posted by: Olive Yurdich | Apr 28, 2008 9:36:13 AM

2. He's so pretty it almost makes me want to hate him for it.

Posted by: Ronald | Apr 28, 2008 10:08:45 AM

3. Goddamn, I wish I would have gone to this.

I thought I'd mention this bit about the Roger Waters set, for no other reason than to piss off the Obama haters...

"At the conclusion of Waters' first set, a giant inflatable pig was led above the crowd from strings to the ground. It was painted with graffiti on one side with the words 'Don't be led to the slaughter' and a cartoon of Uncle Sam wielding two bloody cleavers. The other side read 'Fear builds walls.' The underside of the pig simply read 'Obama' with a checked ballot box alongside."

Posted by: crispy | Apr 28, 2008 10:13:41 AM

4. take off his tacky hat, sunglasses and shave his beard and he'd be perfect. these boiz just don't know how to dress or what to wear or how to groom themselves.

Posted by: Nick | Apr 28, 2008 10:17:51 AM

5. He was in the middle of the desert in 95+ weather. Should he have perfectly coiffed his hair, worn a 3 piece suit, and taken off his sunglasses to make you satisfied? Nothing says sexy like a man who is blinded by the sun and product dripping into his eyes! Not to mention watching them pass out from heat exhaustion from wearing too many layers. FUCKING SEXY MAN! You should totally have gone to Coachella dispensing your spot on fashion tips NICK. I know I really appreciated it!

Posted by: George | Apr 28, 2008 10:32:09 AM

6. Well, if the guy who brought us "we don't need no education", and who is not an American citizen, wrote "Vote Obama" on a giant rubber pig, consider me sold! I'll be voting Obama now! I can't think of a more convincing argument as to who I should vote for.

Now I can't wait for the next British election so we can send Weird Al Yankovic over to dispense voting advice.

Posted by: Paul | Apr 28, 2008 10:54:51 AM

7. PAUL- obviously you totally don't get the point of "Another Brick in the Wall" (the "we don't need no education/ we don't need no thought control" song).

Posted by: JLS | Apr 28, 2008 11:09:39 AM

8. Prince is amazing.

Posted by: JJ | Apr 28, 2008 11:39:58 AM

9. Damn !! I wish I had gone to see Prince - I get a little freaked by crowds that big though so outdoor concerts - even when "Jesus" is on stage - can be a problem. Maybe he'll release Creep as a single.

Posted by: Giovanni | Apr 28, 2008 12:13:30 PM

10. I've been in lust with him since he bedded Mary Steenburgen in "Life as a House." Gorgeous eye, which are unfortunately covered by those sunglasses.

Posted by: PistolPetey | Apr 28, 2008 12:19:09 PM

11. paul, you're a tool if the act of hoisiting a pig at a concert causes you to "finally" decide after all to vote for obama.

give me a break.

Posted by: tofer david | Apr 28, 2008 12:23:26 PM

12. That Prince sound really shows through. Sweet!
    But no coverage of the Kraftwerk set? Boo hoo...

Posted by: NetBear | Apr 28, 2008 12:23:41 PM

13. Ditto JLS's comment.

"Another Brick in the Wall" is social commentary about authoritarian power and misuse of education to manipulate control (that whole "thought control part"!).

Paul's comment is like those we see & hear coming from the media manipulators at Fox, the GOP machine and the Clinton campaign: cut a snippet of text out of context and then scream bloody murder.

That kind of analysis could turn Jesus into an enemy of the state and see him be put to death. Oh, that's right, that's exactly what happened. A message about loving thy neighbor and a rich man having less chance of going to Heaven than a camel passing through the eye of a needle were used to make Christ into a threat against public order. The powers that be couldn't have anyone thinking for themselves.

Paul, do you beat your parents or kick the neighbors dog more than once a week?

The more things change the more they stay the same!

Posted by: noah | Apr 28, 2008 12:44:22 PM

14. I was at Coachella over the weekend. The highlight of the festival was seeing Prince perform 'Creep'...that is, until this morning when I encountered Sean Penn while walking across the field. I thanked him for his criticism of George W. Bush and for making the film 'Milk'. He seemed humble, shy. I'm glad he was chosen to represent one of the greatest leaders ever of the GLBT community, not only because he is a fine actor but also because he seems to be a great humanitarian.

Posted by: peterparker | Apr 28, 2008 7:24:03 PM

15. He looks perfect with that scruffy look...I was in "love" with Ian, growing up!! His eyes are amazing. And then he said after shooting that movie with Derek Van-Whatever, that "two guys kissing is disgusting" and I thought WTF?

Posted by: Shabaka | Apr 29, 2008 12:58:26 PM