Comments

1. crispy says

Goddamn, I wish I would have gone to this.

I thought I’d mention this bit about the Roger Waters set, for no other reason than to piss off the Obama haters…

“At the conclusion of Waters’ first set, a giant inflatable pig was led above the crowd from strings to the ground. It was painted with graffiti on one side with the words ‘Don’t be led to the slaughter’ and a cartoon of Uncle Sam wielding two bloody cleavers. The other side read ‘Fear builds walls.’ The underside of the pig simply read ‘Obama’ with a checked ballot box alongside.”

2. Nick says

take off his tacky hat, sunglasses and shave his beard and he’d be perfect. these boiz just don’t know how to dress or what to wear or how to groom themselves.

3. George says

He was in the middle of the desert in 95+ weather. Should he have perfectly coiffed his hair, worn a 3 piece suit, and taken off his sunglasses to make you satisfied? Nothing says sexy like a man who is blinded by the sun and product dripping into his eyes! Not to mention watching them pass out from heat exhaustion from wearing too many layers. FUCKING SEXY MAN! You should totally have gone to Coachella dispensing your spot on fashion tips NICK. I know I really appreciated it!

4. Paul says

Well, if the guy who brought us “we don’t need no education”, and who is not an American citizen, wrote “Vote Obama” on a giant rubber pig, consider me sold! I’ll be voting Obama now! I can’t think of a more convincing argument as to who I should vote for.

Now I can’t wait for the next British election so we can send Weird Al Yankovic over to dispense voting advice.

5. JLS says

PAUL- obviously you totally don’t get the point of “Another Brick in the Wall” (the “we don’t need no education/ we don’t need no thought control” song).

6. Giovanni says

Damn !! I wish I had gone to see Prince – I get a little freaked by crowds that big though so outdoor concerts – even when “Jesus” is on stage – can be a problem. Maybe he’ll release Creep as a single.

7. PistolPetey says

I’ve been in lust with him since he bedded Mary Steenburgen in “Life as a House.” Gorgeous eye, which are unfortunately covered by those sunglasses.

8. tofer david says

paul, you’re a tool if the act of hoisiting a pig at a concert causes you to “finally” decide after all to vote for obama.

give me a break.

9. noah says

Ditto JLS’s comment.

“Another Brick in the Wall” is social commentary about authoritarian power and misuse of education to manipulate control (that whole “thought control part”!).

Paul’s comment is like those we see & hear coming from the media manipulators at Fox, the GOP machine and the Clinton campaign: cut a snippet of text out of context and then scream bloody murder.

That kind of analysis could turn Jesus into an enemy of the state and see him be put to death. Oh, that’s right, that’s exactly what happened. A message about loving thy neighbor and a rich man having less chance of going to Heaven than a camel passing through the eye of a needle were used to make Christ into a threat against public order. The powers that be couldn’t have anyone thinking for themselves.

Paul, do you beat your parents or kick the neighbors dog more than once a week?

The more things change the more they stay the same!

10. peterparker says

I was at Coachella over the weekend. The highlight of the festival was seeing Prince perform ‘Creep’…that is, until this morning when I encountered Sean Penn while walking across the field. I thanked him for his criticism of George W. Bush and for making the film ‘Milk’. He seemed humble, shy. I’m glad he was chosen to represent one of the greatest leaders ever of the GLBT community, not only because he is a fine actor but also because he seems to be a great humanitarian.

11. says

He looks perfect with that scruffy look…I was in “love” with Ian, growing up!! His eyes are amazing. And then he said after shooting that movie with Derek Van-Whatever, that “two guys kissing is disgusting” and I thought WTF?