Jake Gyllenhaal | Mexico City | News | Ryan Philippe

Ryan Phillippe Keeping a Close Eye on Jake Gyllenhaal

Jake3

Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon prepare to vacay in Cabo San Lucas. Don't think for a moment that Ryan Phillippe hasn't employed his magazine cover spies to keep a watchful eye.

Yeah, there's been a dearth of Jake Gyllenhaal posts here lately, because, well, since he's entered this showmance or whatever it is, it's all been pretty boring. But, for those of you who have been salivating for some shirtless shots, your gift is AFTER THE JUMP...

Jake1 Jake2

(image source)

Comments

1. Looks like he's put on a few kgs. But so what! I'd so tap that if I had half the chance. Still looking fine. :-)

Posted by: Winston | Apr 1, 2008 9:07:51 AM

2. Phillippe is so hot, I feel bad the movie bombed..I still saw it tho Ryan and Channing Tatum in the same film..sweet

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 1, 2008 9:14:54 AM

3. Doesn't this man ever wear a Speedo? Who is he trying to kid? Jeez.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Apr 1, 2008 9:32:53 AM

4. Winston

I agree

SO WHAT on the chunky monkey thing going on in the belly region.

He is cute and has chest hair = Totaly dooable.

Actualy, I was never much of a fan of Jake's. But for some reason now after looking at those pics, I am smitten. :-)

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Apr 1, 2008 9:43:10 AM

5. He looks great...a few extra pounds, nice trail, and looks 100% awesome on his crutches.

Posted by: tom | Apr 1, 2008 9:53:02 AM

6. i'll take that over a six-pack anyday. loveable and huggable...yum!

Posted by: Pugzz | Apr 1, 2008 10:13:22 AM

7. Methinks his posture makes his belly look a little larger than it actually is, but it doesn't matter: he is unspeakably hot. He's like that hot young dad you see on vacation who doesn't really get how beautiful he is.

Posted by: yummy | Apr 1, 2008 10:20:23 AM

8. Hmm..

At least a few people find Jakey G still interesting..

ZZZzzzz

Since he 'hooked up' with that boring control freak; his value has gone way low in my eyes. I can't believe I used to think he was so hot? He may be goo looking-that doesn't go but he's boring. His my age but he acts like he's 100...

Posted by: John-English | Apr 1, 2008 10:41:15 AM

9. I agree, John-English. Jake's stock plummeted when he hooked up with Reese and committed one of two sins (or both): (1) entered into a showmance to deflect the persistent gay rumors; or (2) settled into 27 (!) by becoming a family man.

Still, that photo on the right? Yeow! What a fun hook-up that would be!

Posted by: jeff | Apr 1, 2008 10:49:08 AM

10. Jake appears to have put on a few pounds and it looks GOOD!!!!!!!!

Posted by: peterparker | Apr 1, 2008 11:16:18 AM

11. GreesySpoon's southern menu is havoc on J's waistline.

Posted by: A.J. | Apr 1, 2008 11:27:29 AM

12. Dam he looks great. Love the chest hair too.

Posted by: Brian | Apr 1, 2008 11:54:33 AM

13. This is so distracting. My mind and eyes keep drifitng back to these pics when I am trying to do work. Curses, you "straight", hairy tease!

Posted by: ugh | Apr 1, 2008 12:06:37 PM

14. ...whoa. He is so amazing...slight tummy makes him that much more....how to say it....delicious?....The "fauxmance" is certainly just that and he and Reese are really friends. He is testing out the "family" thing to see if he would fit into that scene...Probably interested in guys but not committed to living it out. Peace, Jake. Find youself.We luvzzz ya, whoever you are...rock on brother.

Posted by: tommyt | Apr 1, 2008 12:18:50 PM

15. Damn, there is a name out of the past "Esther Blodgett" girrllllllllll.

Jake is looking fine. A speedo would only give us vapors.....

Posted by: Mary, Really Late Dowager Queen of the British Empire, Ireland, Empress of India, etc..... | Apr 1, 2008 1:29:46 PM

16. Mm Mm Mm...the possibilities. The extra pounds just make him even hotter.

Posted by: Silverskreen | Apr 1, 2008 2:13:36 PM

17. I agree with the Dowager Queen: Speedos on Jake would certainly give me the vapors !!!!

Posted by: RickT | Apr 1, 2008 3:10:05 PM

18. Come on Andy and all those bitching about a "boring" "showmance". You don't know for sure that's what it is. Whatever Jake's sexuality he is still totally sexy, hot and talented. I would take a million Jake's over some of the so called "exciting" "pretty" actors out there. I agree with all those who are giving these sexy shots of shirtless Jake.

Posted by: DJ | Apr 1, 2008 5:26:01 PM

19. "Come on Andy and all those bitching about a "boring" "showmance". You don't know for sure that's what it is."

But we do know.

Jake and Reese are the most boring fauxmance in the history of Hollywood.

Posted by: Dave | Apr 1, 2008 5:49:42 PM

20. Now THAT is a great photo! ;D LOL!

Posted by: Marie | Apr 1, 2008 6:16:05 PM

21. Yeah sure Dave. How you really "know" what is going on with Jake and Reese and that it is a "fauxmance". Provide complete details then. Would you want someone else to make definite claims on your sexuality or relationships? I doubt it. Sorry but Jake has been a very gay supportive guy and all this mocking of him isn't going to make him come out of the closet or become more "interesting". Yes he could be gay, he could be bi or he could be straight. But only he can truly say what his sexuality is. Would I want him to be gay, yes, but I am not going to like him less if he is straight.

Posted by: DJ | Apr 1, 2008 6:35:22 PM

22. The only boring thing now is all this talk about "fauxmance."

I believed Jake was gay too. I was suspicious about Reese at first like everyone else. But Jesus, it's been more than a year. They don't look uncomfortable together. I've never seen a gay guy who looked that comfortable playing straight for this long before.

All this "fauxmance" talk is just getting stupid now.

I totally agree with DJ. I love him either way. He's been so pro-gay rights that I think he'd be more inclined to go the Anderson Cooper route and just keep his personal life mum, then to make up a completely ficticious relationship.

I suspect Jake is straight. Hot, but unfortunately straight.

Posted by: jeb | Apr 1, 2008 7:26:28 PM

23. plzzzzzz some one tell us what name of mgz i want to see close pict for the cover of the mgz

Posted by: sara | Apr 1, 2008 7:29:16 PM

24. Sara,

Me too. I hate when photos like this are confined to websites. My eyes hurt when I stare at the computer screen for too long. Photos like these require close inspection, of the two to three hour variety.

Posted by: Jeb | Apr 1, 2008 7:36:50 PM

25. Don't think he is good looking, especially - and don't think he can act (nothing since Boy in a Bubble).

Posted by: TyInTenn | Apr 1, 2008 10:26:33 PM