Comments

1. Derrick from Philly says

John Phillip Law…reminds me of going to the movies in the 1960s. He was in Otto Preminger’s “Hurry Sundown” with Fonda, Faye Dunaway, Michael Caine, Diahann Caroll…wasn’t a great movie, but they were all young then…and so was I.

If you love handsome blonds, then you’ll love John Phillip Law, JOHNNY LANE or CHURCHILL-Y or whatever.

2. says

Law was jaw-droppingly gorgeoues and terribly sweet. His house on Miller Drive in L.A. was quite the scene in the late 60’s during the making of “Skidoo.” My boyfriend Bill was crashing in his basement and got to know the whole crowd — which included Donayale Luna and Nico. Law was going with Barbara Parkins at the time, and she helped Bill recover from a bad acid trip. Now if that isn’t the ultimate 60’s experience I don’t kno what is.

3. Derrick from Philly says

Yeah, you’re right, SASHA. For a while I guess they thought he could be another Robert Redford, Dirk Bogard, or George Peppard. To me, he was more interesting than those Hollywood pretty guys… on the screen, that is. He was more like Terrance Stamp–kinda’ brooding with all kinds of psychological turmoil going on inside his head…dangerous & sexy Trade.

4. ichabod says

And let’s not forget Diabolik and Sinbad as a few more of Law’s cinematic heroes. Certainly one of the most beautiful men to grace the screen. Rest in Peace, sir.

5. westcoastkid says

John Law dead at 70.

I can recall when he was just a young actor emerging on the scene. If I may quote the great singer Peggy Lee . . . “Is That All There Is?”

6. nic says

ah, yes. i remember mr. law when i was an up and coming, soon to be a major homosexual. loved the angel outfit, loved his name, loved him. R.I.P. Pygar.