Chace Crawford | Connor Paolo | I'm Gay | News | Penn Badgley | Playing Gay | Television

Gossip Girl Guy: I'm Gay

Asher

So last night's Gossip Girl episode featured the big coming out for one of the boys, who was caught making out with newbie Asher Hornsby (above). As a courtesy to those of you who haven't engaged your DVRs yet, the key reveals are AFTER THE JUMP...

Eric's coming out, and his mother's acceptance.

Flashback
Penn Badgley and His Great Gay Hope for Gossip Girl [tr]
Gossip Girl About to Get a Gay? [tr]
Gossip Girl Guys Engage in Well-Dressed Three-way for Out [tr]

Comments

1. Now the guy who did not want to come out of the closet goes on a murdering rampage and claims the gay panic defense.

Posted by: Charles | May 6, 2008 9:08:18 AM

2. This episode was done so well, in my opinion. I really liked Serena's conversation with her brother - very sweet. And I'm surprised they had Asher say the word "faggot" - always shocking to hear that, especially on network TV.

Posted by: Toby | May 6, 2008 9:25:24 AM

3. LOVED the episode. The way Erik (Connor Paolo) stood up for himself was teriffic. Plus his mother ended up apologizing for not being more sensitive to him. More gay teens saw this show than "Brothers & Sisters."

Bonus Points: Shade-throwing on La Cruise. Plus Connor Paolo is HOT TO DEATH!!!!

Now if they would cast Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet as his love interest I'd be in Total Nirvana.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 6, 2008 10:52:53 AM

4. Oh, somebody here knows Gregoire! I completely agree about your casting wish.

Posted by: Luke | May 6, 2008 11:04:11 AM

5. I love Gregoire, but he looks like he could be Connor's older brother.

Posted by: Denise | May 6, 2008 11:25:56 AM

6. The most unattractive, the most effeminate looking ones are always gay. I don't watch the show, but I would have predicted him gay day one... It's sickening.

Posted by: plus1minus1 | May 6, 2008 12:22:21 PM

7. In an interview with People magazie, Connor states that his character's being gay is a "decision" of the moment and "who knows what he'll end up to be."

Posted by: Steve | May 6, 2008 1:18:29 PM

8. Now, all they need is to throw into the mix Dan's bisexuality and the circle will be complete.

Posted by: Mika Northstar | May 6, 2008 1:21:53 PM

9. What a nasty show. That said. It will probably last 7 seasons.

Everyone walks around holding up their phone all the time. No one's ever real.

It's pretty funny in the 2nd video clip watching Mom cry in her 5th ave. home that life will be hard for her son. Boooo hoooo!!!!! That's a pretty nice problem to have.

The unintentional comedy is hilarious!

Posted by: Marc in Chicago | May 6, 2008 3:25:26 PM

10. conner paolo is only 17. i wonder what the relogious right wing-nuts will have to say.

Posted by: nic | May 6, 2008 4:30:45 PM

11. Mon dieu, I'm glad people know about Gregoire. ... so good in "love songs"

Posted by: Troy in Philly | May 7, 2008 12:32:11 AM

12. Bad writing. The characters are ciphers. The story line depends on the idea that being gay is still considered shameful by the majority Generation Y'ers living in - get this - New York City.

You'd be better off watching Hollyoaks, but you'll never see that on US television.

Posted by: FASTLAD | May 10, 2008 6:13:50 PM