New York | News | Sue Simmons

BigGayDeal.com

New York News Anchor Sue Simmons Lets The F-Word Rip

Sue_simmons_2

Last night, NBC viewers in New York got an earful during a commercial break as WNBC news anchor Sue Simmons did a promo for the 11:00 broadcast.

Following her tease for the upcoming news program, Simmons exploded: "What the fuck are you doing?"

She apologized during the news hour: "While we were live just after 10 o'clock, I said a word that many people find offensive. I am truly sorry. It was a mistake on my part, and I sincerely apologize."

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Related
Vintage Bill O'Reilly Meltdown Unearthed [tr]

Comments

1. She's a piece of work. I hear she's a horror in the newsroom, so "what the f**k are you doin?!" is the least of it. Guess it's all that pent-up closeted lesbianism coming out.

Posted by: jesse | May 13, 2008 9:45:42 AM

2. LOL!! I can't stop playing this clip!! The stressfull and demanding work that is being a TV Anchor.. First Bill O'Reilly and now Sue Simmons? :)

Posted by: Osman | May 13, 2008 9:47:30 AM

3. First Bill over at Fox, then William Shatner and now Sue Simmons?

What the Fuck ? !!!!

Posted by: Maverick69 | May 13, 2008 9:47:38 AM

4. I'm so sick to death of people acting like they've had their delicate senses offended. What a load of crap! She didn't offend anyone, she EMBARRASSED herself for being an ass in public. WTFE. Personally, I find it hilarious.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 13, 2008 9:48:46 AM

5. FUCK

When are people going to realize that FUCK is a wonderful word.

Fuck is fucking great as an expletive to express ones utter fucking frustration.

Fuck is also wonderful because sometimes love making just doesn't cut it, and all you want to do is FUCK your boyfriends brains silly.

:-)

So FUCK the sensitive types that need to just get fucked so the rest of us can fucking live ourlives without walking on fucking egg shells.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | May 13, 2008 9:56:11 AM

6. priceless

Posted by: daveynyc | May 13, 2008 10:03:45 AM

7. Personally, I love the woman and I think her saying 'fuck' just gives her even more personality. She seems like a really cool lady and I"m glad she knows how to give it to someone.

Posted by: MT | May 13, 2008 10:18:27 AM

8. But WHY did she say it? No one on any of the blogs has said anything about what unseen offense caused the outburst.

Posted by: Miles | May 13, 2008 11:12:28 AM

9. A nice attempt... but I prefer the original "Don't FUCK with me fellas!"

Posted by: John in Manhattan | May 13, 2008 11:19:07 AM

10. As Miles does, I too want to know what the fuck happenned to cause Sue to say it.

Posted by: Michael J | May 13, 2008 11:27:13 AM

11. Good for fucking her. She rocks. Love Sue.

Posted by: matty | May 13, 2008 11:30:06 AM

12. Fuck is a great word...she's not a classy lady though...what a piglet.

Posted by: deanpaul1 | May 13, 2008 11:48:24 AM

13. "Guess it's all that pent-up closeted lesbianism coming out."

Since when is she in the closet? I think it's pretty well-established she's a lesbian.

Posted by: jeff | May 13, 2008 12:01:00 PM

14. THAT'S why Sue is a New York institution. Hilarious...Cindy Adams must have just walked on the set.

Posted by: JayMan | May 13, 2008 12:01:44 PM

15. I don't suppose Sue's going to lose her job the way WCBS-TV newshunk Arthur Ch'ien did a few years ago when he uttered the same epithet (as he was being harassed on air). At least he bounced back on New York's Channel 11, but he should really go network. Love the guy.

Posted by: Don | May 13, 2008 12:19:38 PM

16. This is my clipoftheweek! What makes it really funny to me is the way in which she emphasizes the words FUCK and YOU! Simply Brilliant...

Posted by: virgoboy | May 13, 2008 12:51:05 PM

17. ya i love how she hits the word "FUCK." Can feel it in me bones!

Posted by: b mac | May 13, 2008 12:55:23 PM

18. Aw. I love Sue. Even more so because she can cuss like a sailor. I found this compilation of Kasey Kasem outtakes to be similarly amusing -- especially in that Kasey Kasem voice. http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/28280

Posted by: Darryl | May 13, 2008 1:27:47 PM

19. If our esteemed vice president DICK Cheney said it, I certainly hope she doesn't catch any flack for it.

Posted by: pickles | May 13, 2008 1:32:49 PM

20. Sue was apparently upset that, for some unknown reason, the camera had cut from her face to some footage of a cruise ship. Her "what the fuck are you doing?" was directed at the guy (editor maybe?) who made the accidental cut. It's her bitchy tone of voice rather than what she said that gets me.

Posted by: edward | May 13, 2008 1:39:46 PM

21. I've watched it about a dozen times (slow day here at work) and it just gets funnier!

Posted by: virgoboy | May 13, 2008 1:55:38 PM

22. omg i grew up with sue simmons; THAT was awesome!!!

Posted by: Michelle | May 13, 2008 2:52:39 PM

23. I love Sue Simmons - and I beg to differ, she actually is a classy dame and also one of NYC's Grand Dikes.

Posted by: Giovanni | May 13, 2008 3:56:33 PM

24. I'll never look at a cruise ship the same way again. :-)

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | May 13, 2008 5:50:36 PM