I'm Not Gay | News | Roberto Cavalli

BigGayDeal.com

Roberto Cavalli: I Have Never Been Homosexual

Cavalli

Designer Roberto Cavalli tells Style magazine that even though he sheds a tear occasionally, he's not gay:

"I give into my emotions all the time. I cry easily, whether at a movie, music or vulnerable young animals, and I could never trust anyone who didn't do the same. Love is central. I have never been homosexual, and I never could be. What I love most is the amazing soft skin of a woman. She doesn't even have to be naked to excite me."

Comments

1. Great, let the other team keep him. I could tell he was trying to be straight by the fugly clothes he "designs".

Posted by: rudy | May 13, 2008 10:13:51 AM

2. Of course he's not homosexual. He's clearly bringing the woman behind him to orgasm just as that picture was taken.

Posted by: crispy | May 13, 2008 10:23:37 AM

3. I would like to state right now that I am NOT a hetrosexual.

I am sorry why do people feel they need to declare what they are not, rather than what they are?

Plus the fashion industry is probably the one place that it doesn't make a difference, heck you might get more points for being gay, so I don't see the need for the declaration. Unless of course it was personalized homophobia and he hates the fact that someone might think he is gay.

Posted by: kujhawker | May 13, 2008 10:45:43 AM

4. thank gawd that crass heap of crud ain't gay.
    his work is so foul, in comparison it makes Dolce Gabbana seem like quality.

Posted by: A.J. | May 13, 2008 10:59:21 AM

5. He looks very greasy. I glad he's not gay, thank you. We already have uberdouche Tom Ford to live down.

@ CRISPY

Just stop it!!! :-)

Posted by: Bnajiboi | May 13, 2008 11:04:54 AM

6. Who?

Posted by: GM | May 13, 2008 11:15:12 AM

7. Did someone ask?

Posted by: Michael | May 13, 2008 12:00:57 PM

8. Wow! what a f....d up idea of 'homo-sexuality".., as if having emotions was the big indicator. Does he think we'll buy into this? oh wait, most of america already does.. never mind.

Posted by: MiKEM | May 13, 2008 12:06:23 PM

9. I was trying to come up with a clever replique to "...She doesn't even have to be naked to excite me" but the grease on his face kept distracting me! Oh well!

Posted by: Shabaka | May 13, 2008 12:42:11 PM

10. And the entire gay world breaths a collective sigh of relief!

Posted by: Zeke | May 13, 2008 12:53:55 PM

11. CRISPY..you made me spew a mouthful of my coffee...

Posted by: Osman | May 13, 2008 1:15:24 PM

12. CRISPY..you made me spew a mouthful of my coffee...

Posted by: Osman | May 13, 2008 1:15:27 PM

13. CRISPY..you made me spew a mouthful of my coffee...

Posted by: Osman | May 13, 2008 1:15:36 PM

14. I can vouch for Roberto and ... for better or for worse, I, for one have never had gay sex with him.

He does make some ROCKIN' tranny shoes -In San Francisco it's becoming quite de rigeur for trannies of a 'certain age' to wear Cavalli heels.

Posted by: pickles | May 13, 2008 1:25:26 PM

15. Vulnerable young animals?!! Is this Peta Hall of Shamer kidding? Has anyone seen his house of horrors livingroom?

Posted by: Giovanni | May 13, 2008 3:45:48 PM

16. CRISPY too funny.

Posted by: patrick nyc | May 13, 2008 6:20:24 PM

17. Of course he's not, he's just a little bit poofy. I'm the only gayyyy in the villaaaggge!

Posted by: Luis | May 14, 2008 4:11:38 AM

18. Please! Ms. Cavalli has never NOT been gay. Somebody needs to put that tired old queen out of her misery.

Posted by: mike | May 14, 2008 1:52:13 PM

19. Great. Given, he's the only thing we've ever been thinking of, cuz he's just so hot what, with his mini-mall name and cache, hise dreamy looks and c-list gay icons--i now feel like I can sleep at night knowing this leathery old man doesn't want me. Whew. So glad, Gramps cleared up the issue for all of us.

Posted by: Dungeon Child | May 14, 2008 3:31:02 PM

20. The interview probably ended abruptly after the reporter said "Bitch please!" to him being straight.

Posted by: John | May 14, 2008 3:42:02 PM

21. As a woman, why do gay men get so upset/ hurt/ angry when say they are not gay? Gay men always go on about how they find women disgusting and make jokes about 'fish' and 'breeders'. And yet, when someone makes a comment about gays they get their knickers in a twist.

Au revoir, 'ladies'

Posted by: Alex Samuels | May 14, 2008 5:12:31 PM

22. I'm a model from Greece and have been in the business since I was 4 years old. After Gianni Versace was killed I began to work with Roberto Cavalli. He was one of my first major clients. He is a great man and I really care for him. I don't know if he is gay, but I do know that he is crazy for women. He is a huge womanizer. He recently booked one of my countries top pop stars to be his muse and this was a big headline in Greece. Sometimes we go overboard with being a bit to harsh with somepeople. Roberto Cavalli doesn't warrant such ridicule. Viva Roberto, la dolce vita. Se agapo agori mou.

Posted by: Caligula | May 14, 2008 11:44:33 PM

23. Everyone here, stop right now, and tell me why the hell anyone in their right mind cares if this guy is gay or straight? I mean who give a sH.t? Really I am questioning why I am reading this blog lately. Later, Im going back to my life which I do have,for a fun Saturday night with homosexual men, who don't know or care who this person is.

Posted by: Vi Agara | May 17, 2008 9:28:34 PM