Advertising | Grooming | Neil Patrick Harris | News

Neil Patrick Harris Plays 'Pretend' Again for Old Spice

Npholdspice2

Neil Patrick Harris "used to be a doctor for pretend" and shoots the live action version of his Old Spice ad in the halls of this "pretend" hospital. Love it!

And here's the print ad, if you missed it.

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I like that kid. He seems like such a great guy.

Posted by: Tom S. | Jun 26, 2008 9:06:07 AM

2. Neil Patrick Harris has become the straight community's "useful gay man". He's the gay man they want to have around to prove they're open-minded. But they won't let him kiss a man or hold another man's hand, of course.

Posted by: jason | Jun 26, 2008 9:17:17 AM

3. Cute commercial but I found the hetero kiss very unnatural and offensive. I certainly hope no children we're watching. In fact, I think I'll lodge a complaint with Old Spice. How many complaints will it take to pull the ad? 200? I'll have to call Heinz to verify that.

Posted by: JJ | Jun 26, 2008 9:40:58 AM

4. For God's sake, he is an ACTOR! He's playing a role. Get over it.

Reading some of these comments, one would think that it was forever and a day that an openly gay man could play a straight man. Oh, that's right, that is not the case. Most gay and lesbians who are openly gay are usually confined to only playing gay roles.

NPH is an actor playing a role. Let the man play his straight roles and be grateful for him and TR Knight being breaking new ground.

There is a reason why so many gay actors stay in the closet. They're afraid they will lose work.

NPH is should be applauded.

Posted by: noah | Jun 26, 2008 11:16:18 AM

5. He still looks 14!!!

Posted by: Noooooooosh | Jun 26, 2008 12:39:51 PM

6. A hot 14!

I can't beleive I just said that.

Posted by: Rob | Jun 26, 2008 2:09:19 PM

7. Wow, the bitterness I see in so many of these posts continues to astound me. Cut the guy a break.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 26, 2008 4:34:10 PM

8. I agree, some of you queens ned to get a life. You bitch when they are in the closet, you bitch about what they say or do, face it, you just love to bitch to hear yourselves. I love NPH and am happy to have him as a role model for young gays.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jun 26, 2008 6:27:57 PM

9. I think people missed the humor in JJ's comment.

I love him and want to hit Doogie Howser - something I thought I'd never say.

Posted by: Marco | Jun 26, 2008 6:40:42 PM