Grooming | News

Avoid the Dreaded 'Bat Wing' Syndrome!

Balla

The description on Amazon for Bálla Scented Scrotum Talc for Men gets straight to the point:

"Balla Powder for Men is the ideal anti-chafing and anti-wetness solution for clammy sacks. Guaranteed to prevent the dreaded 'bat wing' syndrome, Balla Powder for Men is lightly scented with a masculine fragrance, for anyone else who plans to work in your close quarters. Can be sprinkled into your fudgies for all-day-long comfort and dryness. A fabulous post-workout treatment, Balla Powder for Men can also be used between your cheeks, as well as on fetid feet and aromatic armpits."

Because nobody wants a nasty bat flying into their hair?

(via boingboing)

Comments

1. I've never heard of "bat wing" syndrome.

Posted by: Michael W. | Jul 15, 2008 9:26:48 AM

2. What on earth does "Bat Wing" mean? Does anybody know?

Posted by: sam | Jul 15, 2008 9:35:31 AM

3. Um. What's 'bat wing syndrome?'

Posted by: MT | Jul 15, 2008 9:36:42 AM

4. I'll defer to THE QUEEN on this one. I lost my credibility with the public park sex discussions.

"...how can the bitch admit to whoring on hot & humid summer nights in the bushes and still expect dry balls?"

Towleroad has taught me to anticipate.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 15, 2008 9:36:46 AM

5. I assume it has something to do with a pair of big smelly flapping nuts, but that's just a guess.

Posted by: andy | Jul 15, 2008 9:38:17 AM

6. But... big, smelly flapping nutz are a good thing!

Posted by: Jeff | Jul 15, 2008 9:42:02 AM

7. According to the Urban Dictionary:

Bat Wing

When its hot and sweaty and your ball-sack sticks to the sides of your legs. Forming a bat-wing. See also Half-Caf Batwing

Posted by: Mwk | Jul 15, 2008 9:44:32 AM

8. Well, personally I'd prefer the guys natural scent to a mouthful of talcum powder. Same goes for cologne and other "scents." Give me the smell of a natural man thank you.

Posted by: patrick | Jul 15, 2008 9:46:21 AM

9. FYI miss derrick, i use Ammens medicated powder (original formula) for bat wing syndrome... i use it daily and it works quite nicely and only about 5 bucks via the internet. more expensive at walgreens or rite aid.

Posted by: the queen | Jul 15, 2008 9:48:26 AM

10. SO is the model suppose to represent the "After image"?

Scrotum Talc... I remember in the 1970's a jock strap was just a jock strap was just a jock strap. Then came "Undergear.com" and "Aussie Bum" and jocks became a fashion statement!

In the 1990's, "Brylcream" exploded into "Hair product for men" so that men could buy sticky goop to keep the curls looking fresh and new without seeming too "Girly".

Now in the 2000's, baby powder is no longer baby powder. Now we have "Scrotum Talc". Once David Beckham signs on with an endorsement, because I am SURE he needs it, look for a whole line of "Male Pubic Products". Heck, I was just thinking this morning that I did not like the smell of my balls while sitting in the office.

Perhaps the Waylan brothers had it right on "In Living Color". The next big product will be "Flat-u-scents".

Posted by: Rad | Jul 15, 2008 9:52:09 AM

11. fudgies? what???

Posted by: Alex | Jul 15, 2008 9:53:02 AM

12. If your ballz are that bad maybe a shower more often....Then again there are those out there who might want to do that for you while they are down there...

Posted by: U want what when | Jul 15, 2008 10:00:37 AM

13. Dear THE QUEEN, darlin': The "whorin' on hot/humid nights" refers to MOI. I would never call you a "bitch"--even if you stole a beautiful Latino papi from me...one with sweaty wings of bats. Which almost happened to me Sunday. I couldn't believe it. He was only about nineteen ROUGH, but I didn't have the energy or my ATM card.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 15, 2008 10:01:54 AM

14. now that someone explained what "bat wing syndrome" is, I think it is the funniest thing i have heard all week. I can totally picture it and might even support this product. "Balla" hahaha

Posted by: Dan B | Jul 15, 2008 10:06:50 AM

15. Good grief! Another problem I never knew I had...

Posted by: Nonplussed | Jul 15, 2008 11:49:48 AM

16. Same here! Was I suppose to be Talc-ing my nuts all this time?

Posted by: RIO | Jul 15, 2008 12:39:51 PM

17. Talc is a carcinogen when inhaled:

Sprinkle at your own risk.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jul 15, 2008 12:56:42 PM

18. I believe the correct term is "Powdering your balls."

Posted by: MidWestAmerican | Jul 15, 2008 1:11:39 PM

19. RE: Cancer concerns about talc.

This is from the Balla website...I do not know that what they are stating here is true...

Non-Asbestiform Talc
    Balla Powder for Men contains Non-Asbestiform Talc. That is, talc which DOES NOT contain carcinogenic asbestos fibers. FDA considers non-asbestiform talc to be Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) for use in cosmetics.

Posted by: dctopman | Jul 15, 2008 2:36:17 PM

20. Big smelly flapping nuts are not a good thing in anyway...

If this helps guys smell better longer then apply apply apply. Nothing worse than funky, musky, "natural" ball/crotch stank.

If you are more than 8 hours from your last shower - you stink!

Posted by: Derek | Jul 15, 2008 2:38:43 PM

21. I think this was timed to coincide with the Batman movie.

Posted by: David T | Jul 15, 2008 3:20:34 PM

22. Great, just great. Now I'm going to be paranoid for the rest of the day until I go home and shower.

p.s. Isn't this shit just over-priced Goldbond?

Posted by: Weezy | Jul 15, 2008 10:12:00 PM

23. bitch please. either you are a lesbian or are high on crack derek. literally every single statement you made is precisely 180 degrees away from being true. have you every actually HAD sex, like, with an actual man? "funky, musky, natural ball/crotch stank" is the finest stank there ever was. it's amazing how easily people are manipulated by advertising and invented 'syndromes' into buying idiotic unnecessary products.

Posted by: Blake | Jul 16, 2008 3:59:34 AM

24. Hey Blake how about you just shut your stupid pie hole and realize everyone has their own opinion about what smells good and what doesn't. You might enjoy musky balls but I don't and I am sure I am not alone...

Can you grasp the concept that your "truth" aint my "truth" or are you just too affected?

Posted by: Derek | Jul 16, 2008 11:37:26 AM

25. definitely lesbian. lol.

Posted by: Blake | Jul 16, 2008 3:16:31 PM