Music | News | Television

Feist: a Song Made for Sesame Street

Feist

Canadian singer Feist is set to appear on the 39th season premiere of Sesame Street on August 11th. She'll sing this track, which most folks know as the iPod Nano commercial. However, the cheerful song couldn't be more perfect for the long-running children's show. David Beckham and Jessica Alba are also set to appear, as folks like Anderson Cooper have in the past.

Watch Feist sing "1,2,3,4", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Cute. A great artist and a class-act.

Posted by: JD | Jul 15, 2008 10:28:56 AM

2. Andy Towle your my hero. What other gay man would post about a preschool show on his blog. I want to meet a nice guy just like you and have lots of kids.

Posted by: Mike Hines | Jul 15, 2008 10:46:42 AM

3. I think it was more Feist than Sesame Street that made Andy post this.

Unless he has a thing for Jim Henson (well, there is that whole Bert and Ernie thing . . . maybe they're Feist fans).

I love Miss Leslie. I prefer her Let it Die album to The Reminder, but she's a real talent and her songs are amazing (as well as the various cover songs she's done throughout the years).

Posted by: Alex | Jul 15, 2008 10:52:16 AM

4. That is too cute!!

Posted by: shane | Jul 15, 2008 10:53:54 AM

5. Sweet and funny. I did have a thing for Jim Henson. I recommend Los Lobos reworking Kiko and the Lavender Moon with Elmo. It was back before Elmo was overexposed and weird.

Posted by: Rikard | Jul 15, 2008 11:30:08 AM

6. I LOVED that. Thanks for posting, Andy!

Posted by: Kevin | Jul 15, 2008 11:30:22 AM

7. Next lesson: you can grow up to become a major pop star without learning the numbers "7" or "8"!

Won't the kiddies be heartbroken and disillusioned? (Money won't buy back the innocence that they had then.)

Posted by: Yet Another Mike | Jul 15, 2008 11:54:02 AM

8. Brilliant! (And why didn't I see this coming?)

Posted by: Fredo | Jul 15, 2008 1:02:14 PM

9. *slaps forehead*
    Feist is a good artist and all, but methinks she should go back to her band, Broken Social Scene. Or at least release new material! This song was old long before it arrived in an iPod commercial, but that certainly did escalate the process.

Posted by: damien | Jul 15, 2008 3:45:52 PM

10. Once again Sir Andy thanks for putting a smile on my face. I love her energy, she was great on the Colbert Report. It's hard to believe it was 39 years ago I was 10 and watching this show with my little brother.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jul 15, 2008 7:04:08 PM

11. Absolutely adorable. Thanks Andy.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Jul 16, 2008 12:02:39 AM