New Zealand | News | Rugby | Sports

Fully-Clothed 'Streaker' Interrupts New Zealand Naked Rugby Match

Streaker

A fully-clothed "streaker" interrupted a naked rugby match by New Zealand's All Blacks rugby team on St. Kilda Beach on July 12, 2008 in Dunedin, New Zealand. The nude match was meant to draw attention to the Tri-Nations test match against South Africa. It was organized by Bottom Bus (and the name was taken quite literally), a tourism company in the country.

You may remember the All Blacks as the team who enjoys performing the shirtless Haka dance before games.

The NY Daily News published a full gallery of the images. One more AFTER THE JUMP, along with the link to the full gallery. Both are NSFW...

Rugby

Naked Rugby [new york daily news]

Comments

1. Bottom bus? I guess they will never let me on.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jul 14, 2008 8:32:12 AM

2. Full gallery? I only see the one image on the beach. Oh well. I should be getting ready for work anyway...

Posted by: Derrick | Jul 14, 2008 9:32:29 AM

3. Best ironic moment of the weekend. I love the naked cop.

Posted by: Jan | Jul 14, 2008 10:04:16 AM

4. Very clever! He's even got a hood on. Was this thing televised or something?

Posted by: anon | Jul 14, 2008 10:22:13 AM

5. correction: the All Blacks didnt actually play the game. Nor where they the ones doing the shirtless haka. The ones doing the shirtless haka are the sevens team. The All Blacks are the fifteen aside team, and unfortunately they have to behave like nice little boys, but I would recommend looking at a nice man Dan Carter modelling for Jockey. mmmmmm

Posted by: Cruella | Jul 14, 2008 4:02:05 PM

6. Cruella is correct on both counts. As an American living in Kiwiland, I know for sure it wasn't the All Blacks playing the game! As Cruella said, if Dan had been playing naked, half of New Zealand would have turned their TVs on to have a look!!!

Posted by: Scott | Jul 14, 2008 4:09:25 PM

7. Thanks Scott, I'm a typical kiwi who gets very excited anytime NZ is mentioned overseas but who also gets annoyed when the facts are wrong! I'm actually in Dunedin, wish there had been some more promotion for this, I would have gone and watched it!

Posted by: Cruella | Jul 14, 2008 4:25:11 PM

8. Derrick, you have to click on the NY Daily News link to see the full gallery.

Cruella, isn`t it winter in NZ, including Dunedin? Would they not freeze?

Posted by: GregV | Jul 14, 2008 4:59:24 PM

9. It's called Naked Bus. Sheesh.

Posted by: Laura | Jul 15, 2008 2:49:21 AM

10. That picture of the eel at the top freaks the Hell out of me but thst naked foursome is YUMMY!!! P:

Posted by: Janet | Mar 17, 2010 4:31:58 PM