Bruce Weber | Calvin Klein | Garrett Neff | News | Underwear

BigGayDeal.com

Garrett Neff Next in Line in the Calvin Klein Brief Brotherhood

Neff3_2

Garrett Neff has been chosen to show off new Calvin Klein's Body and Body Stretch underwear in magazines and on billboards this fall.

DNR reports: "Shot on location in Miami by renowned photographer Bruce Weber, who shot Calvin Klein Underwear’s first ad campaign 25 years ago, the sexy black-and-white images epitomize the very clean yet sensual aesthetic that Calvin Klein has become so well known for. Neff, who is the face of the company’s fragrance, Calvin Klein Man, was featured alongside Kate Bosworth in the spring ad campaign for Calvin Klein Jeans. He succeeds Academy Award–nominated actor Djimon Hounsou as Calvin Klein’s latest body."

Neff4

Here are two images from the campaign. The third follows AFTER THE JUMP...

Neff2

Related
Hong Kong Will Not Arrest 27-Story Nearly Naked Man [tr]
Sportrait: Paul Bester [tr]

Comments

1. Bruce Weber is one lucky man.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 15, 2008 1:48:40 PM

2. I'm so glad Garrett is doing better than Chad White. Garrett seems more sincere than Chad when it comes to his selections in modeling. Chad on the other hands, seem like he will do anything to get a pay check. Like, posing for gay magazines and themes...but he is SO straight. I don't like to see "users" and "posers" make it far. sorry. You ain't doing shit for gay men by being on OUT.

Posted by: Base1 | Jul 16, 2008 8:17:10 AM

3. bee-you-tee-full.

Posted by: nic | Jul 16, 2008 3:29:26 PM

4. Paul, where did you get the info that Chad is straight?

Posted by: indi | Jul 17, 2008 2:39:07 AM

5. 1/ This guy is completely devoid of sexiness. has anyone seen him being interviewed? 2stones with a brick in the middle.
    2/He's really funny looking.
    3/Bruce Weber creeps me out. All of his pictures are like the kind an old perv beats off to while looking at teens playing bsketball across the street from his conveniently located apartment. And has he ever fund a minority model he'd work with? The man went to Brazil and published one shot of a black man in his book. BRAZIL!

Posted by: thevegasstyleguy | Jul 17, 2008 2:50:20 AM

6. Indi, that wasn't my comment. I know nothing of Chad's private life but am happy to see his photos wherever they show up. As to the accusations about models going after money or not being all that bright---what a revelation!!

Vegas Guy, I agree that Weber is a little disconcerting. The all-American type is definitely his focus, but given some of the stuff he's gotten them to do, I'm not complaining. Sort of like the French rugby players.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 17, 2008 2:03:16 PM

7. Funny how when you see Garrett in person (as I have), he's sorta thin and awkward.

In front of the camera is a totally different experience.

Posted by: Steven. | Jul 19, 2008 11:07:09 AM

8. It has been rummored for years that though Bruce is married to his manager, Nan Bush, that he secretly longs for the men he photgraphs. You have to be somewhat in love with them to get the kind of photographs he does. I say keep going Bruce I need something to look at when I am old (oops, already there) and decrepit (not so much). And exactly what is wrong with wanking to good looking guys?

Posted by: Insideguy | Aug 6, 2008 3:34:08 PM

9. I have to say that Bruce Weber may not be homosexual. There is nothing wrong with admiring male beauty. After all, women photographers like Ellen Von Unwerth have made really sexy pics of women and no one thinks she is lesbian! A straight man did do a photography book on men by the same name. We have to keep an open mind.

Posted by: Leigh | Sep 6, 2008 12:31:15 PM