George Michael | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

George Michael: I Don't Inhale the Fame...

Gmichael

GMA aired the second part of their George Michael interview this morning. Part one here. Michael talked about living in Texas, his boyfriend Kenny Goss, and the future of his music. He also talked about his female fan base:

"What is it about me that women seem to ignore the fact that I'm gay? I think women really get the feeling that I understand them. And I grew up with two sisters. I went out with women when I was younger. I do understand them, unfortunately. And I write from the heart. I write from the place where most straight men are really a little too — there's a little too much pride going on to write. And then it's a pride that's built into us as men."

And the possibility of having kids with the boyfriend who "saved his life," Kenny Goss:

"I've lived such a ridiculously free life. I think I'd be a responsible but miserable parent. I think once I decided to have a child it would have to be the most important thing in my life, and it would make me very miserable at this stage because I'm 45, and I'm very spoiled. I do look at the future and think — because I don't have nieces and nephews, because that's when parents get their reward - that's what keeps them going, that's what keeps them alive."

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'm with George, way too spoiled to care for a child. I cared for my ex long enough, it is me time now.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jul 24, 2008 12:33:08 PM

2. "What is it about me that women seem to ignore the fact that I'm gay?"

Gay men lust after straight men, and straight men might lust after lesbian women. He's pretty conceited to think its just him!!!!

Posted by: Meg | Jul 24, 2008 2:06:29 PM

3. love his music, hate his self esteem issues. See you in Fort Lauderdale.

Posted by: ken | Jul 24, 2008 2:15:41 PM

4. Meg...you are so right, I never thought of it! That was was cute

Posted by: Aquarius | Jul 24, 2008 3:38:03 PM

5. we heard that Miss M rimmed three stage-hands after her recent show. One of the stagehands then corn-holed her!

Posted by: Mrs Patrick Campbell | Jul 24, 2008 3:52:14 PM

6. Meg, GM was answering Cuomo's question about all his female fans still going nutty for him at his concerts... he wasn't being conceited. His full answer explains that.

Posted by: Feebee | Jul 24, 2008 4:00:25 PM

7. "MEG", it's like this:

Gay men lust after men in general, regardless of their orientation. An attractive straight guy isn't any hotter than an attractive gay one, at least not to those of who aren't struggling with internalized homophobia.

Straight men lust after women in general, be they lesbians or not. I doubt there's a straight guy out there who's turned off by lesbianism. There's no "might be" about it.

For those of us who are bisexual--well, I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Posted by: Chas | Jul 24, 2008 4:42:55 PM

8. Yes, Chas, but is there a TRUE bisexual?
    do you consider youself one...? is it even possible?

Posted by: Mezsa | Jul 24, 2008 7:12:07 PM

9. I'm ignoring that you're gay, George.

Our child awaits you.

Posted by: Exotic Goddess | Jul 24, 2008 9:38:56 PM

10. Tie yourself to me.

Posted by: Exotic Goddess | Jul 24, 2008 9:47:05 PM

11. He's lived a ridiculously free life - in the park restrooms, Hampstead Heath and countless slings. Why would he want to give all that up fro a kid? I sure as hell wouldn't, but then again, I'm selfish - I take all my trade to the house!!!

Posted by: DKNATL | Jul 24, 2008 10:05:32 PM

12. MEZSA, yes and affirmative ;)

Posted by: Chas | Jul 24, 2008 11:54:10 PM

13. "I do understand [women], unfortunately" WTF?! What is so unfortunate about understanding women? Women make up a good 70% of his fanbase (the rest being 25% gay men, and about 5% straight men). We are some of his most loyal supporters, although with comments like that, I sometimes wonder why.

Posted by: Yogchick | Jul 25, 2008 11:29:47 PM