Los Angeles | News

BigGayDeal.com

Hold On, Los Angeles

La

5.8 centered in Chino Hills...

Revised: 5.4

Comments

1. we had to evacuate our building here. we're back in now, however.

Posted by: alguien | Jul 29, 2008 3:23:55 PM

2. Oh, great. Guess what caused this: Gay marriage!

Posted by: Sephen | Jul 29, 2008 3:25:30 PM

3. Almost an hour and everyone in the office is still talking about it. It felt awesome and reminds you how powerless you are! Now they are saying it's a 5.4.

Posted by: WeHoSuperhero | Jul 29, 2008 3:26:29 PM

4. I moved here from the east coast 6 months ago and just a few minutes ago I was in my pool when the earth started shaking. My first earthquake! WTF?

Posted by: damien | Jul 29, 2008 3:31:20 PM

5. I'm in a downtown LA high-rise and it rolled quite a bit over here. Not bad! I've lived here my whole life and this was pretty much garden variety.

Certainly mother nature is under-achieving on the earthquake front.

Posted by: Adam | Jul 29, 2008 3:31:38 PM

6. there were earthquakes in the midwest this year. did it make towleroad?

Posted by: joy | Jul 29, 2008 3:33:29 PM

7. It was not that bad of an earthquake. No damaged glass or anything for myself 7.5 miles from Chino Hills. It was around 20 seconds of tremors.

Posted by: Matt from California | Jul 29, 2008 3:34:37 PM

8. Please keep it cool, several people have been killed. Please-respect as usual on this blog.

Posted by: OTTO | Jul 29, 2008 3:34:50 PM

9. i called up my friend miss thing in el lay and she said it was strong... i could feel it down here in san diego...

Posted by: the queen | Jul 29, 2008 3:39:25 PM

10. @THE QUEEN,

I did too, my girl said it was bad. She giggled. They are scared. Like I said-let's see what happens. hopefully nothing.

Posted by: OTTO | Jul 29, 2008 3:44:33 PM

11. I'm watching the L.A. news. They've said repeatedly...no damage, no injuries, no deaths.
    Please do not spread false rumors Matt.

Posted by: dezboy | Jul 29, 2008 3:44:56 PM

12. In Santa Barbara. Felt the waves and the sways, but no damage here, just alot of raw nerves. Hope everyone is okay.

Posted by: Stefano | Jul 29, 2008 3:45:07 PM

13. My comment should have been directed to Otto. Sorry Matt.

Posted by: dezboy | Jul 29, 2008 3:46:11 PM

14. I should have said, when she 'giggles', she is VERY upset.

Posted by: OTTO | Jul 29, 2008 3:46:50 PM

15. A big jolt here in Costa Mesa, CA (Orange County) but no damage as far as I can determine. I haven't seen any reports of deaths which are directly attributable. A spokesman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office said there were no reports of injuries in the Chino Hills area - which was the epicenter of this particular event.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 29, 2008 3:46:57 PM

16. My mom lives in Claremont, CA. She said everything seems to be okay just no power for right now

Posted by: daveynyc | Jul 29, 2008 3:48:06 PM

17. @DEZBOY,

Doing nothing like that. This is a blog...when you get information, you post it. I certainly am not in the business of 'spreading rumours'. I hope that the information that I got is incorrect. Don't judge so quickly.

Posted by: OTTO | Jul 29, 2008 3:50:34 PM

18. i'm about 30 mi. away and it went on for a good 30 seconds.

Posted by: Sergio | Jul 29, 2008 3:51:32 PM

19. Fox news is saying that phones are down in LA-true?

Posted by: OTTO | Jul 29, 2008 3:59:48 PM

20. @otto: currently the phone lines are being maxed out by the sheer number of callers but soon after the quake I couldn't get my landline to work for a good half hour.

Posted by: Sergio | Jul 29, 2008 4:01:30 PM

21. I will correct myself DEZBOY. I work in Atlanta at a major news network. Believe it or not-we are not always correct. Thank God we were wrong. We just go by the news on the 'ground'.

Posted by: Otto | Jul 29, 2008 4:04:01 PM

22. OTTO, I think you just figured out your own problem... you're watching Fox News.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 29, 2008 4:06:46 PM

23. I wish it had toppled the Kardashians house.

It'll be fun to watch them air clips of it on Big Brother.

Posted by: Dan B | Jul 29, 2008 4:11:28 PM

24. Touche Crispy.

I'm just flipping. Trust me when I say, Faux News is not my #1.

Good try though.

O

Posted by: OTTO | Jul 29, 2008 4:13:14 PM

25. otto:

cell phones were scrambled for a little while - i was able to receive a text but could not reply - but they seem to be working again. there was no problem at all with landlines.

Posted by: alguien | Jul 29, 2008 4:24:21 PM