Country Boys by Joe Oppedisano

Countryboy

Here’s a set of new shots from Joe Oppedisano called Country Boys. They’re part of a spread coming out in DNA in September, Joe tells us. Unlike some of Joe’s other work (you may remember his Dangerous Boys from the Black Party or the Ultimate Fighters from his new DVD Knockout. He’s also got a book coming out in November called Uncensored, and if you know Joe’s work you can imagine what that might be like. Country Boys features Tyler Garceau and Travis Hanson, both with Major Model NYC.

> Country Boys [joe oppedisano]

See the slide show here…

And if you missed the others
Joe Oppedisano Delivers Knockout Punch
Joe Oppedisano: Dangerous Boys
EXCLUSIVE: Joe Oppedisano Celebrates the Calvin Klein Man [tr]

Comments

1. Scott says

I’m sorry, I can’t get past the claw-foot. I’m sure he’s a pleasant enough gentleman to converse with and all, but that foot at that angle and posed that way…well, it just be *nasty*.

2. Buster says

Seems strange to me that country boys have so much free time to play with their nipples…or maybe it’s just the natural steroids in the open air.

Either way it kind of ruins the conceit for me. Hard to imagine any of them lasting a day in the country without his Lancome.

Perhaps it should be more accurately titled “Waxed Chelsea Club Boys Posing Just Before They’re Laughed Out of the Country.”

3. lucas says

I’m not sure about the Nazi comment above but…even though the guys are hot, and I usually think this photographers work is pretty cool, I’m not digging this spread.
    I think its because I’m from the country, and these “farm boys” pictured are way off the mark. That Huck Finn photo??? Puh-leaze try harder next time. Put him in some tight, dirty faded jeans, a nascar T with the sleeves cut off, and set him on a muddy 4-wheeler. That’s closer to the mark.
    And the claw-foot comment totally made me laugh (cause its true!!!) haha
    oh, but I wouldn’t kick them out of bed.

4. Mr. E says

5. says

@Toby

Check your facts.

Testosterone is the hormone a man would be injecting to bulk up. Female hormones (estrogen) cause breast development in males. Millions of males begin to experience gynecomastia as they enter puberty. It is due to an excess of FEMALE hormones in the body – typically not the type of hormone a man would be “using”… unless they are pre-op trannys.

6. Bojo says

MR. E! What’s your deal? You have the nerve to be critical of the comments other posters make after making the comparison of the models to Nazi’s. You’re an idiot!

7. Bojo says

8. says

“Nothing diminishes the virility and masculinity of a man than when he judges others. Especially when he doesn’t know much about the nature of addiction.”

Even moreso, when she judges and jumps to conclusions and doesn’t know that someone else actually DOES know about the nature of addiction, otherwise it wouldn’t be worthy of commenting on.

Weak.

9. sparks says

Wow. I’d like to do many many things to him, juicy lil nipple and all. But he’ll have to get rid of the cigarette prop. Doesn’t do it for me. Everything else… does!

10. Gm says

Yeah the guys are hot. And I guess the notion of this being rural American gives license to the photographer to feature only the whitest of white dudes. But there’s NOTHING of any note in this photo shoot. Same same same. Is this A&F 1998? Looks like it to me.

11. Gm says

12. Weezy says

Er, ahem, I grew up in the countryside and never once saw anybody who looked like this. Larry the Cable Guy, yes. Studly, no.

Nor did they wear overalls and straw cowboy hats. Oh, and the cigarette should be a meth pipe.

13. Weezy says

14. Philip Wester says

I’ll just channnel Tyra for a moment here:
    Girl, you’re doing the amputated toe thing.

Look at that exposed foot! You can only clearly see three toes. Two are out of sight, “amputated”. A big no-no in the Tyra Banks world of modeling.

15. says

@ Toby & 24Play

You’re right, and I’m sorry for trying to be a “Know-It-All” who clearly doesn’t. I was sharing the info I got from my doctor 30 years ago when he told me I had Gyno. At the time there weren’t a lot of preteens using steroids, and I definitely wasn’t one of them, so we never discussed them as a cause of the condition.

Since I can’t delete my own comments on this blog, let me figuratively retract my incomplete information now.

Thanks for setting me “straight” (so to speak.)

16. says

bellizimo boy: le escribiré un poema. Oscar Portela

EL VERBO Y LA CARNE

POEMA DE OSCAR PORTELA

A BRUNO SANTOS

De que luz primigenia. De que auroras
    Nacidas al amparo de vulneradas muertes.
    De que amarillas lunas ahogadas por el agua
    De lagos primordiales como los elementos.
    De que silbidos áureos que presagian
    El transito del caos a la armonía cósmica
    El alfarero inaugural hizo tu cuerpo de la arcilla
    Más pura desta tierra, oh Bruno a torbellino y
    Magia condenado. Tú eres la tierra adolecida
    De toda la inocencia de un devenir sin deudas
    Y el milagroso azar que nos corona con recia
    Aristocracia del más audaz deseo de la especie.
    ¿Que alfarero y chaman mojó sus dedos en las
    Dolientes viseras de un pájaro para
    Amasar tus labios,ánforas que contienen toda
    Las endechas del mundo ? ¿Que coreutas osados cantaron
    El nacimiento de tus formas cinceladas en ébano
    Cubiertas por tu carne trabajada en arcilla
    Santificada por la aurora de América ?
    ¿Que chaman te bautizó en la cuna de verde césped
    Humedecido por el rocío del alba primigenia ?
    ¿Que sinuosos ríos de montaña dibujaron tus caderas
    Que huyen de las manos del hombre y de todo poema ?.
    Y tus desnudos muslos que envidian las efigies
    Y rompen los harapos de humanas vestiduras
    Para surgir desnudos y perfectos como la melodía
    Que los vientos ponen en las florestas para que todo
    Asombro bañe la hermosura de un Dios que esperará
    La hora de bendecir el suelo que nos toma y tomará
    Nuestros deseos todos para quemarlos en la hoguera
    Del amor deseado y devolverlos a la tierra fértil
    A la que pertenecemos los mortales y dioses
    Que embellecen las horas de los días terrestres.
    No hay templos para ti, oh Bruno, ni poemas que no se rompan
    Por que eres mas bello que el verbo convertido en palabra.
    Porque tú justificas todo el dolor del mundo.
    Tu belleza es el premio y la eternidad del oro.
    El dolor dice pasa pero el goce quiere contemplar tus fulgores.
    La eternidad efímera del búcaro que no puede morir
    Y vuelve eternamente como los dioses de la tierra que son
    El salmo de la tierra misma y tu su encarnación oh Bruno Santos.

17. Joe H says

I just don’t see it, guys. These boys are far too affected and staged with their shiny gym bodies and silly little outfits. None of them are great looking, and even masculine props can’t save the rest of them from some decidedly effeminate poses. Not hot. Unless giggling is the intended reaction, I don’t think this works.

18. Mr. E says

MikeinSJ-Ok, first of all, saying someone is weak because they may smoke cigarettes, which implies that they are a bad human being for having an addiction definitely shows you know nothing about the nature of addiction. Some people have moments of weakness but does not mean they are weak over all or a horrible person. So maybe you should step off your high pedestal. I’m sure you’re a very strong individual and have NEVER given in to a moment of weakness.
    Secondly, these guys DO look like natzi’s! Especially pic 10! It gave me a chill when i saw it. This shoot totally seems like a white supremacists propaganda spread. So BOJO you can shove it where the sun don’t shine.

19. scientitian says

Where I grew up, there actually were dudes in the neighborhood who looked like this (and a lot of them were very very blond from being in the sun all the time). While they did not wear overalls or straw hats, they were in amazingly good shape from doing actual farm work. They were also, however, some of the stupidest people I have ever met. The attraction factor goes way down when the guy constantly smells like cow shit, has a super thick midwestern accent, and reads at a 4th grade level.

20. Weezy says

@ scientitian: Yours were at least blessed with attractiveness. Mine were Larry the Cable Guys in training.

@ Oscar Portela:

Querido,

¿Usted tuvo que realmente cotizar un poema tan largo? Convengo con usted. Los hombres del marrón oscuro son muy atractivos. También malo que el fotógrafo no pensó para utilizar a algunos de esos individuos.

21. LD says

I think Joe O is a great photographer, and sure these boys are good looking, but this main pic …um, gross. That foot, the nipple, and what’s with that weird Klingon skin fold activity happening in there? The sexiest bits are the hands and that chunky leather bracelet thing. Anyway.

22. Sam Gillespie says

I must be the only person here to think that the pic(s) with the cigarette were hot, and there’s nothing more I like to see than someone who knows how to handle a weapon.