Ellen DeGeneres | Gay Marriage | News

BigGayDeal.com

Ellen and Portia Marry in Sunset Ceremony

Ellen

As reported on Friday, Ellen DeGeneres married actress Portia de Rossi in Los Angeles over the weekend.

The Daily Mail reports that the ceremony was attended by fewer than 20: "Former comic and sitcom star DeGeneres wore a loose-fitting white chiffon shirt, white waistcoat and trousers while de Rossi wore a cream and pale pink halterneck dress by designer Zac Posen. The couple have been dating since December 2004 and DeGeneres announced her plans to wed her lover on her chat show in May."

In late June, De Rossi was seen wearing a ring consisting of a marquis cut diamond set with pink diamonds and DeGeneres told People: "Yes, we have set a wedding date...Planning a wedding is very stressful. It is crazy. My gardener is now invited...I can't wait to be married. I feel like it is long overdue. And I think someday people will look back on this like women not having the right to vote and segregation and anything else that seems ridiculous like we all don't have the same rights."

More here...

Comments

1. Congratulations, Ellen and Portia! Here's wishing many years of wedded bliss for you! Thanks also, Ellen, for speaking out on our behalf as you do. Your marriage will also be a powerful, positive visual for any anti-gay people who may watch your show to digest.

Posted by: CK | Aug 18, 2008 10:11:31 AM

2. Congrats to Ellen and Portia.

Why are all the pic fuzzy?

Posted by: Maverick69 | Aug 18, 2008 10:23:31 AM

3. i love these two. Portia looks GORGEOUS by the way.

Posted by: Bobby | Aug 18, 2008 10:23:48 AM

4. i certainly hope they enjoyed that sapphire encrusted 15 inch glow in the dark dildo from the ming dynasty that i sent them as a wedding present... along with blanche knott's truly tasteless jokes...

Posted by: the queen | Aug 18, 2008 11:21:22 AM

5. CONGRATS ELLEN AND PORTIA...It's possible for me to marry Yay!

WISH YOU MANY YEARS OF HAPPINESS!~

Posted by: Bosie | Aug 18, 2008 11:25:40 AM

6. Love is Love. Two Equal Souls. Ellen's & Portia's love is AS SACRED and HOLY as any heterosexual's love.

But if you are LGBTIQ and do NOT have civil marriage rights, you are sanctioning your government's discrimination by paying federal taxes (gay tax protest).

Posted by: John Bisceglia | Aug 18, 2008 11:26:22 AM

7. Is the date set for the divorce?!

Posted by: nikko | Aug 18, 2008 11:29:13 AM

8. "...15 inch glow in the dark dildo from the Ming Dynasty..."

You have such wonderful taste, Sis. Hopefully, when I get married I won't have any need for such a gift...unless, of course, I get stuck with a rough, macho perpetrator. On second thought, send me a fancy toy too.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 18, 2008 11:35:18 AM

9. "Former comic and sitcom star DeGeneres..."
    What a weird description, Daily Mail. How about "talk show hostess" or something more current. Would they describe Jay Leno as a "former comic"? Weird.

Anyway, they both look great.

Posted by: Donny B | Aug 18, 2008 12:04:10 PM

10. Nikko your asshole called, it wants its tightness back.

Posted by: Derek | Aug 18, 2008 12:59:42 PM

11. I look at DiRossi and I see a woman. I look at Degeneris and I see...not a woman, perhaps a woman desperately needing a cock, it's so fucking twisted.Then it will be their 'right' to add kids to the mix. Yeah Portia someday when you have all your missing 'rights' and humans have become 'biological stuff' to be manipulated by AI we can all look back to the good ole daze.
    I understand the need for human companionship, the need for sex, but there's something askew here. Try going to Saudi Arabia! They'll bury you alive in the sand.

Posted by: GWK | Aug 18, 2008 3:02:17 PM

12. Ohhhh........ I see Ellen wore the sacred dressy lesbian vest
    ...... that's nice.

Posted by: Ohhh they're beautiful... | Aug 18, 2008 3:12:23 PM

13. "...a woman desperately needing a cock."

you've got her confused with Jeffrey Dahmer. Ellen doesn't want or need any dicks.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 18, 2008 3:19:24 PM

14. GWK,
    You sound hot! Wanna hookup for some nasty gay butt sex? I'll give it to you just how you like it.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 18, 2008 3:41:25 PM

15. Congratulations to both of them!! They look great together and I hope they have a long and happy life as a married couple.

To those of you harpies here (both non-gay and gay, apparently): When a person finds someone to whom they are publicly willing and able to commit themselves for life, the proper and standard response has always been to wish them well. De Rossi and DeGeneres are obviously very happy together and neither has a history of tearing people down or cutting poor figures in the world. And look at the crap they get--even here. Who brought you up?? I'm glad that their ceremony was small and private--they didn't need footage of their vows chopped up and recycled on YouTube with snarky commentary.

Ellen is the highest-profile person to take this step so far in California. May the ability to do so continue for everyone, however famous or unknown.

Posted by: Gianpiero | Aug 18, 2008 7:23:07 PM

16. I also find the "former comic" reference rather bizarro. How does one become a "former" comic? Is she not funny anymore? Did she stop telling jokes? Jeez, she even does full fledged standup from time to time...

Anyway, who cares? CONGRATS Ellen and Portia!

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Aug 18, 2008 9:04:04 PM

17. I use to think Portia would become straight again like Anne Heche. Honestly, I thought Ellen was being taken for a ride yet again.

I was wrong. Congrats to both of them!

Now, any wagers on how long it takes strange looking media whore Lance Bass to announce his engagement to illegal alien sorta married golddigger dude?

Posted by: thevegasstyleguy | Aug 18, 2008 10:50:43 PM

18. I suspect they say "former comic and sitcom star" because it's a British paper, and the British don't get her talk show but they remember her sitcom.

Posted by: Ted C. | Aug 19, 2008 10:04:45 AM

19. Get ready for the drama, give it a week and then it will start. Ratings, ratings, did I say ratings. The career is the number one key to the mix.

Girls, get your wedding duds back in the closet. People like these don't give a hoot what the regular people have to deal with. They are not special they are part of us. Then again it is still us and them. Did I mention money, money, money. As soon as you get the ring it's over.

Just a thought.