Dance | Lady Gaga | Music | News

Lady Gaga Talks to HX on Bisexuality and Britney Spears

Lady Gaga, the New York-based singer behind this summer's electro-pop single "Just Dance," talks to HX magazine this week and reveals that although she's bisexual she's more into her music than anything:

Ladygaga"I’m girl-crazy too. I really depends on where I am. I love men, I love women and I love sex, but I’m actually pretty introverted right now because I’m so enveloped in my work, and it’s hard to let anybody near that. People fuck with your energy, and it’s very hard to find people that are supportive of your art and don’t want to take time away from it. A lot of times, boyfriends and girlfriends get jealous and want all your attention, and I really don’t have time for that."

She also says that Britney Spears has recorded one of her tracks:

"I was working with Rodney Jerkins on Pussycat Dolls, and we wrote this song—I almost slipped and told you the name. Thank God I caught myself; I respect her a lot, so I was to give her control over that. When we were done with the song, I was like, 'Oh, I want to sing it,' but my album was already closed. It never even crossed my mind that she was doing a new record. Then Rodney played it for [Britney’s manager] Larry Rudolph, who was in the studio. Rodney called me later and was like, 'Britney’s people are freaking out about this song.”' Ultimately, she makes the decisions, so when I found out that she loved it and was going to record it, it was amazing. I actually heard it yesterday with her on it for the first time, and I really had chills."

Check out Lady Gaga's performance of "Just Dance" (which she doesn't lip sync) from last night's So You Think You Can Dance, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The men in my family all go stone cold deaf around the age of 50. Lady GaGa makes me long for that day.

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 1, 2008 12:29:22 PM

2. Yep. Definitely NOT lip synced. Ouch

Posted by: DKinMIA | Aug 1, 2008 12:48:07 PM

3. Spidey, the rain will hopefully come before that and wash you away, because she totally kicks electropop ass!

Posted by: SexyBack | Aug 1, 2008 12:49:42 PM

4. Another prepackaged pop princessette. So You Think You Can Kylie, Ms. Lady Gaga?

Posted by: Jedd | Aug 1, 2008 12:50:39 PM

5. This is a joke, right? More like Lady CaCa. This must have been what the Greyhound bus killer was listening to before he got busy.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Aug 1, 2008 12:56:18 PM

6. I've heard worse.

But what the hell was she doing with that stick-light thing?

Posted by: Jason | Aug 1, 2008 1:25:03 PM

7. I actually wish it were lip-synced. Ugh. It does sound terrible live. YouTube's crappy new audio compression makes it worse. If you don't like it, please at least make sure you've heard the studio-resorded version before judging.

I love this song! :-)

Posted by: Rich | Aug 1, 2008 1:51:39 PM

8. Lady Gaga is interesting. She's so strange, her two backup dancers are frightening and her music is atrocious...yet I can't stop watching her.

Posted by: another matt | Aug 1, 2008 2:00:51 PM

9. Love Her!!! to the bitter queens, go fuck ur self

Posted by: Dakota | Aug 1, 2008 2:10:52 PM

10. i cant get enough of her or this song, lol

Posted by: gabriel | Aug 1, 2008 2:25:19 PM

11. I wish Britney had recorded this one, also.

It would have been funny to watch her try to dance drunk on pills again live to this!

The blindfold would be the ultimate sobriety test for her on stage!

Posted by: evan | Aug 1, 2008 7:30:51 PM

12. Lady Ga Ga comes across as one of these women who uses her so-called bisexuality as a marketing ploy. Her association with Britney Spears and Pussycat Dolls cements my view. Both Britney and the Dolls are also using female bisexuality as a marketing ploy. It's insulting to our community because it's being done to prop up the sleazy straight guy fetish for "girl-girl action".

The contrast with males is startling. Where are the male singers claiming to be bisexual? I can't even think of one. Face it - this so-called female bisexuality is a form of male heterosexual wish fulfilment.

Fuck off, Lady Ga Ga.

Posted by: jason | Aug 1, 2008 7:51:56 PM

13. Bitches, I love this song.

Posted by: barto | Aug 1, 2008 10:15:54 PM

14. Bitches, I love this song.

Posted by: barto | Aug 1, 2008 10:17:03 PM

15. She is CRAZY amazing. Major props for bringing new fashion and WICKED amazing beats and lyrics back onto stage. She's like a more amazing Gwen. I can't wait to see what she brings in the future.

Lady Gaga, I adore you.

Posted by: Drew | Aug 2, 2008 4:05:52 AM

16. If a woman says she's an active bisexual, liberals call her "sexy" and "desirable". Yet if a man claims to be an active bisexual, liberals accuse him of spreading venereal diseases to the mainstream. Need more proof of liberal hypocrisy?? I consider Lady Ga Ga to be a part of this hypocritical set-up.

Posted by: jason | Aug 2, 2008 10:06:03 AM

17. Lady Ga Ga is outrageous, artistic, interesting, and -damn- she got some pipes! Anyone knocking her voice is entitled to their opinion, but they have no idea what they're talking about.

Posted by: gay as life | Aug 2, 2008 2:34:09 PM

18. Sounds like some jealous bitches on here. Have any of you tools even listened to her album?

She's pretty flawless - certainly more talented than Britney Spears. Like a combo between Christina A, Madonna, and maybe a little Debbie Harry, Britney and Amy winehouse thrown in for good measure.

Posted by: Shane | Aug 4, 2008 10:36:20 AM

19. i agree with shane ur sooo ryt shes amazin shes a defo mix of xtina n n sum1 else mayb a lil bit of katy perry sooo amazin shes pukka i luv xtina n now thts shes dissapeared glad gaga is around woop
    xx