Chace Crawford | Ed Westwick | I'm Not Gay | Magazines | News | Penn Badgley

BigGayDeal.com

Gossip Girl Guys Gang up to Overcome Gay 'Indictments'

Gossipguys

Details takes on the Gossip Girl guys this month, and the chatter is all pretty gay.

Says Chace Crawford of the "indictments" against him: "Model turned actor, dime a dozen, eye candy, doesn't know what he's doing ... and Perez Hilton says I have 'gayface.' So on top of everything else, I have to overcome gayface."

Says Badgley of Crawford: "It's like he was genetically bred to be a teen star."

Of his high school years, Crawford says: "I'm pretty sure I wasn't having sex with any cougars."

Details reports: "Most of the cast members live in adjacent downtown neighborhoods, and Chace and Ed share an apartment in Chelsea. This has fueled Internet speculation that they are secret lovers, although that seems to be a figment of the collective gaymagination. If you were a closeted TV star, after all, you'd probably come up with a better cover than living with your boyfriend in Manhattan's Pinkberriest zip code. 'No, sorry, I've got nothing to educate you about,' says Chace, laughing. 'What does bromance even mean?' (Ed has denied rumors too, saying they're just friends.) Chace's mom helped him find the apartment, and he recruited Ed as a roommate. 'I thought, Let's pool our money and get something good,' Chace says. 'I didn't even know if the show was going to last.'"

On Penn Badgley: "For him, acting is work—it's how you make sure you can pay for your own car and make your rent. And if you need to shave your chest hair because teenage girls find chest hair on a good guy sexually threatening, you get out the razor. It's a living."

Ed Westwick responds: "'Penn said he has to shave his chest hair because it's threatening?' Ed leans back, a trio of metal chains nestling in his own not inconsiderable pelt. The 21-year-old Brit stretches, grins, narrows his eyes—a kind of silent purr. 'Reeeaallly ... Well, I think Penn's chest hair may be more like a scaahf. It actually comes out of his neck! So maybe that's why he has to cut it. Threatening? I don't know what threatening hair would look like. We'd have to get Penn here to see!'"

You get the idea.

OMFG! IT'S THE GOSSIP BOYS! [details]
(cover image just jared)

You may have missed...
Ed Westwick Says He and Chace Crawford are 'Straight as They Come' [tr]
Chace Crawford And Ed Westwick Move as One [tr]
Latest Gossip from Gossip Girl: Chace and Ed 'Dating' [tr]

Comments

1. I must be getting old, because I find these three to be insufferable, shallow douchebags.

Posted by: Ken | Sep 30, 2008 11:51:01 AM

2. Must. Cancel. Details. Subscription.

Hmmm, wonder if I can switch the unused issues over to GQ.

Posted by: 24play | Sep 30, 2008 11:53:44 AM

3. The irony of "Do you have douchebag hair?" on the same cover as their covershot...

Also, I guess Details really has accepted it's for gay teenagers. Seriously... at what age would straight men want to read about "OMG GossipGuys" and (I hope) gay men would grow out of the teenybopper set at some age (and this is coming from a late-twenties guy)

Posted by: what | Sep 30, 2008 11:59:16 AM

4. I have the hardest time putting names on faces. My sisters, who are two years younger than me are all over this show(mind you I'm approaching thirty, and no I won't say) but I can't watch two seconds of it. What's the blue-eyed guy's name? The one in the middle? I saw a quick segment where he was in shorts outside and I passed out...

Okay back to work now...

Posted by: Shabaka | Sep 30, 2008 12:19:17 PM

5. I'm sure we'll all have a nice chuckle over their "douchebag hair" cover of "Details" mag when one or three of them are eventually outed.

Posted by: Turtle | Sep 30, 2008 12:35:30 PM

6. I'm in love with the headline "Do You Have Douchebag Hair?"

Looks like our cover boys are answering yes, yes, and yes.

Posted by: Distingué Traces | Sep 30, 2008 1:16:29 PM

7. Chace's mistake was to give credence to anything that Perez H wrote...Perez, the youngest poster boy ever for old, bitter, and repulsive, calls anyone and everyone gay especially the younger guys he so desperately wishes he could be. He's the scum of Hollywood - these gossip boys have to remember that and not react. Young straight boys these days look gay - it's just the style.

Posted by: dean | Sep 30, 2008 1:50:33 PM

8. Honestly, I really don't think either of these guys is gay. When I read the snipet I thought the same thing, "why would closeted actors live together in CHELSEA?" I mean, c'mon...I agree with Dean that young straight guys do appear for all intents and purposes "gay", but that really is just a product of the assimilation of gay culture. In fact, these guys are poster boys for the impact gay culture has had on straight guys. And yes, unfortunately, it's a generational thing. (and I'm old).

Posted by: Trey | Sep 30, 2008 5:40:20 PM

9. Wow. More irrelevant douchebags to think about while America crumbles. Seriously, Crawford and Westwick are just annoying petulant children who need a good swift kick.

Badgley needs to get off that show and move his career forward.

Posted by: Mark | Sep 30, 2008 5:49:42 PM

10. Ironically, that's the straightest they've ever looked!

Posted by: anon | Sep 30, 2008 6:22:13 PM

11. Ed Westwick's gayer than Anderson Cooper at a sidewalk sale.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 30, 2008 6:50:03 PM

12. I only wonder why they all have purple lips.

Posted by: Critifur | Sep 30, 2008 9:33:32 PM

13. I'm sorry but if it isn't obvious to you yet, Details is simply GQ for douchebags.

Posted by: Fumoblue | Sep 30, 2008 10:04:12 PM

14. sir,I am a gay. I requrest to u to suggest me how can I overcome this problem. please sir answer my .

Posted by: SINTU | Apr 27, 2012 3:09:54 AM