Comments

1. Jimmyboyo says

Wants to feast off of the hard work of his older and grumpier elders.

Well kid, You owe a ton to people who did/ were “big gay campaigner picking up my mantle”

As a younger dude, I owe a ton and thank my elder queers who fought long and hard during the ACT UP days etc.

Away with the selfish idiot child

2. michael says

It was a big thing when he came out after Pop Idol (in Britain), which didn’t affect us much in the U.S., so the haters on here need to cut him a bit of slack. He got tagged as the “gay pop idol” very quickly and he wore it and wears it quite proudly these past few years. He’s a very creative artist (check out his other videos — very non-traditional in their editing and subject matter), so it warrants that he should be MORE than just the sum of his gay parts. I didn’t gather that he was dissing the accomplishments of gay artists before him, so let’s not go there. If anything, he was being a bit self-deprecating.

3. Lee says

Give the guy a break, his music is fantastic. Try his other songs on utube. I have all his CDs, except the newest “Changes.” Also the songs are wonderful! The song Friday’s Child is a winner. As a matter of fact, all the music videos are memorable.

4. glennmcgahee says

Isn’t he what we’dlike to be thought of as gay men and women. No different than everyone else. No scandal, no soapbox, maybe boring, but definitely talented. How does that compare to the representation of gays that people like George Michael and BoyGeorge have created for us. Seems like a good thing.

5. Fredo says

Feh. I don’t have any problems with what he said.

Also, in reply to the comment that he isn’t “talented” or “relevant”: I think he’s both. Add handsome to the mix, too.

6. Mark says

I’m 43 years old and have always felt the same as Young. I just don’t care about what the Gay Orthodox think. Screw Gay Culture.

I happy just being a regular old avowedly homosexual MSM. No, it doesn’t mean I like musical theatre and Project Runway. It only means I like men.