Clay Aiken | Elizabeth Hasselbeck | Kathy Griffin | News

Kathy Griffin Reminds World Where Elisabeth Hasselbeck Came From

Griffin

In a typically blunt interview with the Windy City Times, Kathy Griffin discusses the ladies of The View and rips View co-host and "fucking Survivor reject" Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who has been vehement in her support of John McCain during the campaign:

"I still can’t get over the fact that Sherri Shepherd thinks the earth is flat. That’s already hysterical to me. Also, she told Bill Maher that God personally speaks to her. I am fascinated by that. Somehow, Elizabeth Hasselbeck has snowed American audiences into not knowing that she is a fucking Survivor reject. I am sorry; I am going to listen to the political beliefs of someone who wore wacky scarves on Survivor? God knows Barbara [Walters] can’t stand me, but at least I listen to her because she has interviewed every world leader, living and dead. Of course I like Whoopi and Joy very much. I get along great with them. Sherri is a pistol. But this notion that everyone has to be quiet and listen to Hasselbeck is out of control. It’s always amusing to hear her lose her points when you watch her on YouTube.com."

Two of Hasselbeck's recent defenses of the McCain-Palin campaign, AFTER THE JUMP...

Griffin also weighs in on her frequent target (Gayken) Clay Aiken, and his recent coming out: "Well, I think it's really great that he came out. The picture of him holding the baby is such a powerful image because gay adoption is such a hot issue. He came out at a relatively young age. I very much applaud him for coming out at this time. He's still facing the people on Broadway every night. He's being honest with himself and his kid, and I think it's great. Doesn't mean that I am not going to make fun of him for the rest of my life, but I still think he's great."

Comments

1. Kathy Griffin, a California resident, is all about the gays, but she's also known as very tight with her money. Has she contributed to the "No on 8" cause? If she has, I think it could be a way to motivate others.

What better way to tell Jesus to suck it?

Posted by: Ed | Oct 17, 2008 11:22:25 AM

2. Of course, they picked Hasselbeck because she is ridiculous. They could have picked someone more serious.

Posted by: anon | Oct 17, 2008 12:27:05 PM

3. She was hilarious last night. Congrats on her four sold-out shows in Chicago this week!

Posted by: Tread | Oct 17, 2008 12:29:15 PM

4. If she gave me her uterus, I would totally have her baby.

Posted by: David | Oct 17, 2008 1:16:52 PM

5. I heart Kathy.

Posted by: banjiboi | Oct 17, 2008 1:33:33 PM

6. I love Whoopi. She is the most level-headed and diplomatic woman on The View.

Posted by: Eric | Oct 17, 2008 3:08:57 PM

7. The View needs the Hasselbeck twerp to represent the insipid Republican mindset. Sad fact remains that there's millions of Americans just as vacant.

Posted by: Pbar | Oct 17, 2008 3:49:22 PM

8. While I do agree with everything Joy says, I admire Whoopi for never losing her cool. I know I would if I had to sit and listen to Hasselbeck yap about Mcain every morning.
    I love Kathy, I watch her show with my dad...

Posted by: Lara | Oct 17, 2008 4:08:33 PM

9. Elisabeth Hasselbeck is soooo typical of a Republican KoolAider... the more she is being owned by the shit she speaks the louder she gets and the less she lets anyone else say, but let's face it, her single-mindedness and blinkers made sure she really was OWNED here by the other women on the View (Whoopi, you ROCK)!

Ugh, but watching or listening to EH is like running nails down a chalkboard. At least with that you can stop when it screeches through your brain and makes your flesh crawl, but she just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on......

Kathy, LOVE you for reminding us how EH ever got her tiny space in the spotlight...

Posted by: CK | Oct 17, 2008 4:34:10 PM

10. Hasselbeck, like all Republicans, sling mud to express their right to free speech, NOT spread lies and paranoia.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 17, 2008 4:45:00 PM

11. Oh please, ALL of the women on The View are idiots, not just the blonde with the tits. Joy is the absolute worst--she's a loud, dumb, whiny cunt. She needs to get hit by a truck. Preferably while she's walking somewhere with Rosie.

Posted by: Bull | Oct 17, 2008 8:33:31 PM

12. Bull: Do you eat your mom's vagina with that filthy, idiotic mouth?

Posted by: Rey | Oct 18, 2008 1:03:31 AM

13. OMG is this silly bitch for real? And so typical. When asked "tell me why you support Sara Palin.." her response was to criticize Obama. really?

Posted by: Bloodboiling | Oct 18, 2008 2:06:29 AM