John McCain | News | Pennsylvania

BigGayDeal.com

McCain on Racist, Patriotic, and God-Loving Western Pennsylvania

A jab at John Murtha's statement last week that some of his constituents were racist momentarily stunned a crowd in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, when McCain flubbed the line and appeared to agree with him.

Mccain_paSaid McCain: "You know, I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama's supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about Western Pennsylvania lately. And you know, I couldn't agree with them more."

"I couldn't disagree with you."

He then seemed to carry out what has been a theme of the McCain-Palin ticket of late, that some areas of the country are more "pro-America" than others:

"I couldn't agree with you more than the fact that Western Pennsylvania is the MOST patriotic, MOST god-loving, MOST, MOST patriotic part of America, and this is a great part of the country."

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via slog)

Comments

1. Too old and feeble and Cindy looks like she is stoned or hungry, what a true, real American couple, not.

And where is that flag pin McCain the gun loving, homophobic, racist crowd needs to see it, LOL!

Posted by: marc | Oct 21, 2008 10:06:05 PM

2. Gotta love the McCain-McCarthy ticket.

Posted by: MAJeff | Oct 21, 2008 10:41:29 PM

3. McCain, just out of touch. Period.

I was listening to NPR and other news sources reporting that electronic voting booths in W.V. have registered "John McCain" when individuals select "Barack Obama". Upon investigating the machines seem to be faulty. The news reporters mentioned this very same scenario occurred in the 2004 election, and certain computerized voting booths were found to have an executable file (meaning a virus) that tampered with votes, registering a lot of votes as Bush instead of Kerry.

With all that is happening, the cockiness of McCain, the ridiculousness of the McCain campaigns extremes, it almost seems as though McCain knows this may be a fixed election. In the end, McCain can do ANYTHING he wants, pushing the envelope to extremes, knowing he will "win" the election. It seems as though the last two elections are happening ALL OVER AGAIN.

Posted by: CJ | Oct 21, 2008 10:52:42 PM

4. It's getting be kinda sad actually.
    The poor old guy needs a serious nap.

Posted by: stevo | Oct 22, 2008 12:04:19 AM

5. Republicans are tearing this country apart. They have the notion- "Win at any cost, or everyone must perish."

Posted by: Fausto Fernos | Oct 22, 2008 6:12:29 AM

6. Oh my. My 92 year old senile grandmother can string sentences better than that!
    How can those people in the crowd actually cheer at the stuff he says?

Posted by: tobal | Oct 22, 2008 7:48:16 AM

7. Seems McCain has a silver foot in his mouth! Keep babbling, Cryptkeeper! Dig in a little more!!

Cindy McCain has two looks--the pulled-WAY-too tight up-do, or the I-just-got-out-of-bed-and-I-look-like-a-dishrag. I guess it all depends on whether the meds kicked in that day.

Posted by: troschne | Oct 22, 2008 8:09:37 AM

8. Racist, patriotic, and g-d-fearing do not go together. We need to stop giving these jackasses credit for having any sort of deity or morality on their side.

Posted by: Michael | Oct 22, 2008 8:11:46 AM

9. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. It IS racist, patriotic and god fearing. Even today when I talk to people I grew up with, they toss the "N" word around like nothing. To be nice and not use it, the locals generally refer to African Americans as "colored".

Along these lines, the local gay bars routinely get their windows shot out and doors vandalized (QaF was absolute, total fiction) while the police look the other way.

It;s just a horrible, cesspool of a place to live if you don't "think like the locals".

Posted by: Rad | Oct 22, 2008 8:50:41 AM

10. OMG! I saw this last night and I couldn't stop laughing. Hilarious!

Posted by: David T | Oct 22, 2008 8:53:35 AM

11. Yup, I'm also from there. It's old, young people move away, older people stay. I've been gone many, many years, it's like a time warp there sort of, still pretty blue collar. The gay bars getting their windows shot out, I don't know about that, though, that may be a slight exaggeration. They never had problems back when I was there, but maybe they do now, who knows. But yes, QaF was 100% fiction! But it is very Dem, not GOP at all, everybody loves Bill & Hill. I'm totally for Obama now but I love the Clintons too, even with all their faults...they are the only Dem. winners of the WH in 30 years!

Posted by: Thomas | Oct 22, 2008 12:44:35 PM

12. I'm telling you, the stupid son-of-a-bitch is senile, and the Aricept ain't workin' like it should.

As for Pennsylvania, I got family up near Scranton...and it ain't just the Western part that's racist.

Posted by: Kyle Michel Sullivan | Oct 22, 2008 1:41:40 PM

13. First Sienna Miller and now this old crank.

As a Western Pennsylvania-born Irish boy, I say FUCK YOU, JOHN MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Robbie Daw | Oct 22, 2008 11:43:20 PM