Gay Marriage | News | Sarah Palin

BigGayDeal.com

Sarah Palin Voices Support for Federal Marriage Amendment

Sarah Palin appeared on the Christian Broadcast Network show The Brody File and aired her views on a federal marriage amendment.

Palinfma_2Said Palin: "In my own state I have voted along with the vast majority of Alaskans who had the opportunity to vote to amend our constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I wish on a federal level that that's where we would go because I don't support gay marriage. I'm not gonna be up there judging individuals, sitting in the seat of judgment telling them what they can and can't do, should or shouldn't do. But I certainly can express my own opinion here and take actions that I believe would be best for traditional marriage and that's casting my votes and speaking up for traditional marriage. That instrument that - it's the foundation of our society, is that strong family and that's based on that traditional definition of marriage..."

John McCain opposes a federal marriage amendment.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via joe.my.god)

Comments

1. I'm over being calm and logical about this shit.

Sarah Palin, I hope you get a virulent case of anal warts coupled with chronic flatulence.

The end.

Posted by: Alex | Oct 20, 2008 10:28:47 AM

2. Fuck you, Sarah Palin, and anyone that votes for you.

Posted by: jeffy | Oct 20, 2008 10:31:37 AM

3. But remember, according to a number of the commenters on here, these posts shouldn't appear as part of Andy's blog because this election has nothing to do with being gay.

Posted by: David D. | Oct 20, 2008 10:33:10 AM

4. This woman is stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid... I want the Republicans to go down with their right-wing nonsense. The GOP is the "Party of Stupid."

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 20, 2008 10:34:02 AM

5. "I'm not gonna be up there judging individuals, sitting in the seat of judgment telling them what they can and can't do, should or shouldn't do."

Constitutional amendments aren't suggestions you bitch, by voting for and passing a federal marriage amendment you are telling people what they can and can't do. And she does realize that gay couples have families now and will continue to have them though surrogates and adoption.

Jesus I can't stand this bitch.

Oh and it takes a lot of balls to stand up there talking about family values and traditional marriage when you underage daughter is knocked up out of wedlock.

Posted by: John M | Oct 20, 2008 10:36:46 AM

6. Gotta love the logic of this cunt. She doesn't want to judge individuals but supports a federal amendment banning their rights. November 4th can't come fast enough.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Oct 20, 2008 10:37:41 AM

7. "I'm not gonna be up there judging individuals, except to say that they shouldn't have the rights I take for granted, and I'll work to ensure it, because it's what God wants, not me, doggone it."

Posted by: FASTLAD | Oct 20, 2008 10:42:57 AM

8. She just keeps getting worse and worse. What a whore.

Posted by: KFLO | Oct 20, 2008 10:44:15 AM

9. And yet, she claims to be a Federalist. Too bad she doesn't understand what that means.

Posted by: LD | Oct 20, 2008 10:45:24 AM

10. the fundamental problem i have with these people is that they actually BELIEVE that there is no judgement in their 'values.'

uggh it makes my blood boil.

Posted by: Bobby | Oct 20, 2008 10:53:30 AM

11. Hey look "Vi Agara" is back with a new name: "Men-Sar."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 20, 2008 10:57:08 AM

12. I do believe I hate this woman more than I hate George W. Bush...and that is saying something!

In my opinion, George W. Bush never actually believed the Federal Marriage Amendment would be a good thing...he just used it to get votes from 'the base'. That was destructive enough, given that pandering to the homophobes contributes to the perception that it's okay to discriminate and gay bash.

But Palin seems honest when she advocates the Federal Marriage Amendment. I think she actually believes it would be a good thing for society to discriminate against homosexuals. She is far more frightening than Bush, in my view.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 20, 2008 10:59:15 AM

13. MEN-SAR...you aren't gay, as you claim to be, because any gay person would know that we aren't fighting for a right to a church wedding...we are fighting for the right to have a civil marriage, recognized by the state, which grants us all the legal protections and benefits accorded to heterosexual married couples. No one here is stupid enough to buy your shit. So go back to whatever right-wing, heterosexist, homophobic, "Christian" blog you came from and leave us alone.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 20, 2008 11:06:25 AM

14. I agree, I hate this woman so much that it's become somewhat of a distration. I wake up in the morning and she is in my thought moments later.

If she is not gone next month forever we are all in danger. I'm serious, she and her husband are very toxic people.

Posted by: realitythink | Oct 20, 2008 11:09:12 AM

15. Everybody calm down. Is this surprising? No. So instead of spending energy on hating, do something positive and help defeat prop. 8 in California, and the other hateful amendments in Arizona & Florida etc. Go to Equality CA1

Posted by: busytimmy | Oct 20, 2008 11:09:37 AM

16. With the arrival of Men-Sar, we get to share in the virulent racism that permeates Queerty's comment threads.

How exciting!

Posted by: 24play | Oct 20, 2008 11:11:23 AM

17. I think Men-Sar is gay .... and really bitter about it. We should pity the poor dude, there's a lot a self-hate going on there.

He's like those Log Cabin boys, trying so hard to get on the good sides of the straight guys who used to beat up on them in Jr Hi and HS .... sorry Men-Sar, they might let you into the clubhouse every now and then, but they'll never let you join the club.

Posted by: brainwashedfag | Oct 20, 2008 11:20:42 AM

18. Lorne Michaels is a Republican and McCain supporter, f. y. i.

Posted by: Lonnie | Oct 20, 2008 11:24:45 AM

19. Men-Sar... you are a closeted homo. It's clear you loathe yourself... go on craigslist where you belong and keep living on the down-low.

Posted by: B | Oct 20, 2008 11:25:13 AM

20. From someone who looks like she has a stripper pole in he basement to get her freak on, this hateful woman is too much. All the issues facing this country and all these Republithugs have is this silly marriage trash to spew, as if its working for them. I guess they are fearful that the glbt communities will do what they can't, get married once and stay with the person.

I wonder how those Log Cabin churls, who think that they are staright folks in gay bodies, will respond to this, give her a pass as usual for her hateful rethortic. And, even scarier is this woman has a good chance of running the show if McShame keels over, which judging from how bad he looks might happen.

Posted by: Luke | Oct 20, 2008 11:31:57 AM

21. Andy, MEN-SAR, really?

Posted by: CJ | Oct 20, 2008 11:43:27 AM

22. Just a quick comment, busytimmy. If she gets in and McCain dies, leaving her in charge, that federal amendment would trump the whatever the state decides. It wouldn't matter if Prop 8 fails or passes if the Fed amendment passes.

Posted by: dbzeag | Oct 20, 2008 11:43:44 AM

23. Palin is an uninformed twat. We have a marriage ammendment in Arizona and it is funded by Focus on the Family, and other out of state Christian organizations, so it is not "the people of Alaska" It is the churches against the gays. All churches should be taxed from now on since they have chosen to start this war.

Posted by: Ty | Oct 20, 2008 11:45:34 AM

24. Men-Sar ur dumb fag, hope u died a violent death asshole.

Posted by: Dakota | Oct 20, 2008 11:47:26 AM

25. Right...making babies is important right now, why? If you haven't noticed, the human population has become so insanely huge we now threaten our own existance. The world needs to start thanking those people who can't/won't have children or choose to adopt, cuz if there's one thing we have an oversupply of, it's people.
    That's said - why the hell are you here? You certainly aren't displaying any deep knowledge of the issues and you're just making a horrible embarassment of yourself.

Posted by: scientitian | Oct 20, 2008 11:47:27 AM