Barney Frank | Bill O'Reilly | Dennis Miller | News

BigGayDeal.com

Because Gays Are Pervs, O'Reilly and Miller Laugh at Barney Frank

Reilly_miller

Nothing goes down so easily on FOX as a little Obama skepticism followed by a fag joke chaser.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. O'Reilly and Miller disgust me, but they're too pathetic to laugh at.

Posted by: Matt2 | Nov 13, 2008 5:43:52 PM

2. The Family Research Council has issued an "action alert" via e-mail for people to e-mail Governor Schwarzenegger and request that he NOT support an over turning of Prop 8.

We need to counter this by e-mailing, writing, and calling his office asking him to continue to support Marriage Equality.

Posted by: Josh | Nov 13, 2008 5:43:57 PM

3. O'Reilly is disgusting, Miller hasn't made a movie in a while, eh? But just think how miserable they'll be for the next 4 years, and when gays finally get to marry.

Poetic Justice for O'Reilly ...he'll have to retire knowing he lost his precious "culture war"?

Posted by: lou | Nov 13, 2008 5:52:26 PM

4. I loathe Dennis Miller, but for the record, he has said that he supports gay marriage. Not civil unions - marriage.

Posted by: Sasha | Nov 13, 2008 5:54:54 PM

5. When did Dennis Miller start sounding like Bob Knight? I wasn't aware he knew how to coach basketball.

It was a lame, totally un-funny attempt at a jab at Barney Frank, followed by way too much uncomfortable laughing.

Remember when Miller used to be funny? Now he's just turned into a cranky boomer prick.

Posted by: The Milkman | Nov 13, 2008 5:57:22 PM

6. Skepticism followed by a fag joke? This is nothing new for Towleroad comment readers as long as posts from Republican troll THE QUEEN are permitted.

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Nov 13, 2008 6:02:56 PM

7. The only thing more pathetic than watching Dennis Miller laugh at his own lame joke is listening to your piteous whining about it.

Were you insufficiently bullied as a child? Did you not catch on that whimpering "They're not _nice_ to me!" guarantees more of the same?

"Because gays disgust them..." So _read_ the bitches, bitch.

It's a sad day when queers can't outwit the witless.

Posted by: Bryan Harrison | Nov 13, 2008 6:04:31 PM

8. That was almost funny. It would have been better if it were something like, "Barney wouldn't mind a stint in the poky" or something like that.

Could you please stop wasting everyone's time with your idiotic thought-police posts about how we should be outraged at jokes? My only concern right now is equal rights, and acting as a comedy Nazi is not going to win us any further support.

To all other Towleroad readers: Dennis Miller is funnier than you.

Posted by: Jason | Nov 13, 2008 6:11:17 PM

9. When did Dennis Miller start 'tawkin' like Vinnie Boombatz Tough Guy? I thought his shtick always leaned to the more 'intellectual'. Or at least attempted to. I take it he's trying to carve out a strident conservative pundit niche industry of his own?

Posted by: Sean | Nov 13, 2008 6:24:28 PM

10. Email the Governor of California NOW and tell him to support the overturn of prop 8.

Luffa lover Billo is a bigot.

Posted by: Bill | Nov 13, 2008 6:24:46 PM

11. I don't get the defenses of Miller here, and have suspicions about their authenticity.

The joke was: Gay person = pervert.

Not OK.

Totally not OK.

I think Dennis Miller -- who does support equal marriage -- has enough of a brain to reflect a little on this comment, and realize, himself, that it was not cool.

Posted by: Patrick B. | Nov 13, 2008 6:29:43 PM

12. PS: Re Miller's "joke":

Treating gays as pervs helped Prop. 8 pass ("teachers will have to talk about homosexuality in schools!!").

Miller's "joke" is, to me, not a laughing matter. His slander here is a dead serious matter.

Posted by: Patrick B. | Nov 13, 2008 6:38:09 PM

13. Well aren't those two kust a match made in HELL. I wonder which one is the TOP?

Posted by: Wolf | Nov 13, 2008 6:52:23 PM

14. For once I disagree. First off I totally agree with Dennis' assessment of AIG. I am sick to hear about the conduct of the company. Secondly, I totally laughed. It was funny if un-PC. I hate PC.

Posted by: critifur | Nov 13, 2008 6:58:12 PM

15. "The joke was: Gay person = pervert."

"Take my wife...please!"

The joke is that he is selling his wife into white slavery.

Can everyone please read this?

Its headline has become my stock response to anyone arguing against a JOKE.

Dennis is a comic by trade and training. The guy spent decades in the clubs. It's a reflex. And he SUPPORTS GAY MARRIAGE.

Posted by: Jason | Nov 13, 2008 7:00:35 PM

16. Iu tell you what I've been DYING to see happen to Dennis Miller...he needs to get plowed HARD by Joe the Plumber cause he's one constipated ass.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Nov 13, 2008 7:03:12 PM

17. It took a while, but I finally found a very poignant Doonesbury (Gary Trudeau) Sunday news comic panel. I don't have a direct link to the cartoon panel; you can find it on http://gumption.typepad.com/ (Joe McCarthy) then scroll down or do a "find" on "Conservativism, Liberalism and Independence."

In the strip the two characters have the following conversation (I'm going to quote directly from the Joe McCarthy's November 02, 2008 Gumption blog http://gumption.typepad.com/ )

QUOTE-ON

In the first strip, two Doonesbury characters who play the role of commentators on the public radio show All Things Reconsidered, liberal Mark Slackmeyer and conservative Chase Talbot III (who also happen to be homosexual lovers, and eventually became a married couple), discuss the differences between liberals and conservatives. The strip starts out with Mark watching Fox News, where an announcer trumpets "Fox News: we report, you decide!", to which Mark muses "That has to be the most cynical slogan in the history of journalism" [personally, I find their other slogan, "Fair and Balanced" to be far more cynical].

In the main portion of the strip, Chase sums up the differences between liberals and conservatives: "[Y]ou liberals are hung up on fairness! You actually try to respect all points of view! But conservatives feel no need whatsoever to consider other views. We know we're right, so why bother? Because we have no tradition of tolerance, we're unencumbered by doubt! So we roll you guys every time!" When Mark replies "Actually, you make a good point...", Chase responds, "See! Only a loser would admit that!"

QUOTE-OFF

And that, my brethren, is really the problem. We have been willing to listen to the other side --- but I think the time to be reasonable is over. It is now time to understand that we can’t reason with buffalos; that demons of kicks don’t understand compassion.

P.S. I do have the cartoon saved if any one can’t get to Joe McCarthy’s blog.

Posted by: Daya | Nov 13, 2008 7:10:27 PM

18. The majority of commenters at Huffington Post seemed to think it's funny. If this is the liberal (male hetero?) base ...

Posted by: Chris | Nov 13, 2008 7:13:00 PM

19. There was a similar joke on Kids in the Hall a long time ago. "Our relationship is based on fantasy... I dream that he rapes me, and he rapes me!" That was some funny shit.

Found it:

Posted by: Alan D | Nov 13, 2008 7:36:24 PM

20. Please, can somebody transcript what they say?

Posted by: Eduardo | Nov 13, 2008 7:49:09 PM

21. Dennis isn't nearly as funny without my dick in his mouth.

Posted by: Joe Bua | Nov 13, 2008 7:51:00 PM

22. You self-hating fags who are defending the gaybashers are pathetic. Time to smarten up, jackasses. Making gay jokes, black jokes, anti-women jokes, minority-jokes AIN"T FUNNY, assholes.

Posted by: HateRepublicanWhores | Nov 13, 2008 8:01:16 PM

23. Not only am I disgusted by this "joke", I'm severely creeped out that O'Reilly appears to be having an orgasm. There's an image I could have gone my whole life without.

Posted by: RainbowPhoenix | Nov 13, 2008 8:10:45 PM

24. Thanks for novelizing that Doonesbury cartoon I missed.

Gentlemen. Brothers. I'm asking you to breathe and realize that Dennis Miller is ANTI-Prop 8, PRO-gay marriage, and hosted Weekend Update for a few years. Put this all together in your hot heads and re-direct your general rage. I'm as mad as you are, but I'm directing my fury at religion and the brainwashed who voted for the proposition, and not a lame quip from a Friar's Roast.

Posted by: Jason | Nov 13, 2008 8:46:02 PM

25. Folks, I believe there are far more pressing matters to attend to.

Posted by: domo | Nov 13, 2008 8:57:28 PM