Comments

1. says

I thought Stu Rasmussen identified as a woman. Does she not use female pronouns? When I first read the article, I assumed that they had callously mispronouned her. What’s the deal? Seems like a refusal to concede that she’s a woman — she’s _really_ a he. Am I wrong here? Stu can use whatever pronoun Stu wants but usually a physical transformation is accompanied by a linguistic one. Either Stu is really mixing it up (go Stu!) or Stu’s being misrepresented.

2. says

3. Steven says

This is fascinating to me, as someone who grew up in a small town in Oregon. Particularly, because I know Silverton isn’t exactly the most liberal place in Oregon. It’s encouraging to me.

4. le_sacre says

i assume we can trust Andy to have confirmed what pronoun Stu identifies with, but it is a smidge confusing that he has breast implants. i guess we need to gender-body construct blinders!

5. WeHo Superhero says

I’m so proud of my hometown! I lived there for 18 years and, at that point, was more than happy to get the hell out of there. Everyone knows Stu. As a kid, I just knew him as the guy that dressed up as characters outside the movie theater and had oddly long fingernails. Now, I’m very proud of where I grew up!

6. Tom says

This guy probably doesn’t realize fully, but he’s a true hero and the definition of what America is about: free, hardworking, and giving back to the community. Don’t let the morality hypocrites rain on this parade!