Brody Jenner | News | Reality TV

BigGayDeal.com

Brody Jenner at Ease with Awkward, Homoerotic Situations

Bromance_2

E!'s Marc Malkin reports on Brody Jenner's upcoming Bromance reality show, in which nine men compete to be the newest member of his inner circle:

"Jenner purposely put his wannabe buddies into some compromising and rather uncomfortable situations because he thinks it forced them to show their true characters. For instance, the elimination takes place as they sit knee to knee in a hot tub. 'It's kind of homoerotic and I love people saying that,' Jenner says in all seriousness, adding, 'I'm cool with my sexuality and the gender that I like and I have a beautiful girlfriend. That's why I feel so comfortable with having these awkward guy moments.'"

Watch the trailer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously
Nothing Comes Between Brody Jenner and His Brody Jenners [tr]

Comments

1. Pretty but SOOOO Stupid

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 15, 2008 6:21:34 PM

2. Biggest understatement of the year!!

Posted by: gabe | Dec 15, 2008 6:51:35 PM

3. Who?

Posted by: David R. | Dec 15, 2008 6:58:02 PM

4. What a manipulative self centered douche. It brings me a twinge of guilt for the way he brings back all my teenage fantasies of HIS DAD! Ugh!

Posted by: Rikard | Dec 15, 2008 7:19:13 PM

5. You wonder why the rest of the world thinks that Americans are soooooo stupid.....well....this is the main reason...this is what the new genereation of American Kids are striving for....pretty sad and pathetic at the same time....

Posted by: Josh | Dec 15, 2008 7:41:07 PM

6. Is it wrong that I don't have the slightest intrerest in caring about this guy (bromance, "hot girlfriend" ,comfortable so called sexuality and all)? Surely there's more important things to do than watch some so called reality show play up "homoeroticism" for jokes.

Posted by: g_whiz | Dec 15, 2008 7:48:25 PM

7. what in gay hell?
    Man, I thought Hollywood was creatively bankrupt, but this is a new level of suckitude. I bet they think all the gays are going to be pitching tents and glued to the screen. I bet not even lonely horny chicks are going to like this show.

Posted by: Andrew K | Dec 15, 2008 7:51:18 PM

8. Who is Brody Jenner and why do I have any interest in what looks to be yet another pathetic reality show?

Posted by: Marc | Dec 15, 2008 7:59:10 PM

9. I watched the trailer and all of the guys end up crying in it. I kept thinking "wow they sure don't make straight guys like when I was in high school." lol

Posted by: Ed | Dec 15, 2008 8:34:36 PM

10. Brody Jenner? Is that Bruce's kid? Good Gawd. I read an article in my local paper about this new generation of str8ness. Bromance, and I'm paraphrasing, is male to male intimacy but non sexual. Well, I say throw a few beers into those "intimate, non sexual" moments and see what develops.

Posted by: Island Girly | Dec 15, 2008 8:47:28 PM

11. how about a reality show where the guys just hook up with no aspersions to friendship - a.k.a. the bromance (male to male intimacy but non sexual)? oh wait - that's already REALITY.

bromance is for wimps.

Posted by: resurrect | Dec 15, 2008 9:58:30 PM

12. This looks like the funniest train wreck ever. i am going to have to watch one episode, anyway, just to see how awful this is. Brody can't find a real friend any other way than to put them through a bunch of stupid shit? Once you win, Brody will move you to LA to "hang out" with him.... that's your job, that's your life, hang out with Brody? Well, he is cute. maybe i should have auditioned. It wouldn't be too bad to be a "kept" man of a hottie in LA.

Posted by: Keith | Dec 15, 2008 11:18:14 PM

13. How about young kids trying to stop AIDS or GLOBAL WARMING?

Posted by: Attention~ | Dec 15, 2008 11:22:52 PM

14. @RESURRECT,
    did you mean 'aspirations'?

Posted by: nic | Dec 15, 2008 11:54:46 PM

15. What's with all the reality shows about nobodies? He's hot, but not that hot.

Posted by: Garst | Dec 16, 2008 2:35:02 AM

20. yawn!!!

Posted by: angrycitizen | Dec 16, 2008 1:25:25 PM

21. yawn!!!

Posted by: angrycitizen | Dec 16, 2008 1:25:36 PM

22. this is offensive!!

Posted by: Paul | Dec 16, 2008 2:11:53 PM

23. I guess I am one of those horny gay dudes with my eyes glued to the set for this series! I love it! The dudes are for the most part smokin' hot as is Jenner and it's fun to watch them just be guys and do anything they can to impress Brody into being their "friend." With all the stress and hard work most of us put in day-in and day-out, it's fun to have some trash to just relax and laugh at when we come home from our careers, running-around trying to find "Mr. Right," hitting the gym, and staying socially active. It's all fun and games--lighten-up peeps!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Jan 14, 2009 11:52:38 PM

24. Nice house but nobody's home.

Posted by: Bill Michael | Mar 15, 2013 8:52:22 AM

25. Ass-kissing shows like this make me want to puke. I got some news. I wouldn't pull it out to piss on Brody Jenner. Who does he think he is?

Posted by: Bill Michael | Mar 15, 2013 8:54:09 AM